The online racing simulator
"Shortcut" for different resolutions?
well, what im asking for is that...is it possible to start the game with 2 separate shortcuts, each giving a different resolution?

because i usually play at 1360x768 fullscreen, but also have the game running sometimes in the background with 800x600 in windowed mode.

are there such shortcuts like in other games (+set r_mode 6 for example)?
To take it a step further, why not having an way to save all options? Meaning that you could load up a lowres setup and a highres setup (with higher resolution). The game would store info in some speciall files, that could be looked-up and configured (if wished) manually within LFS folder somewhere.
Being able to specify and alternate cfg.txt would be handy - don't we already have this ability on the dedi server?
You could of course just copy that file yourselfe and edit it manually, but beeing able to do it within LFS would be a blast

Not sure on the dedi thing tho, since I don't do server work. (other than running it at same time as driving on it, aka not dedi)
Aren't the ingame hotkeys (shift+f4 and shift+f9 - f12) sufficient enough for this?

Anyways, you can create a .bat file to have LFS run with different settings. I do this to clear the chat keys when I race in leagues. I don't know if LFS can be pointed to specific cfg files, so what I'm doing, is simply renaming them.
not directly, because u always need to start the game in the current res and change it everytime.
why not be able to start it with the one u want directly?
That would be awesome too, when starting the game it would first trigger a screen "what personal options do you prefer to use?" , then you could chose the various one you have made by a name and chose that file. I would used it, dependable on what screen I have. On some screens it's more than the resolution that needs change to get it looking allright.
#8 - STF
You can set your desired default settings, resolution etc.. and mark cfg.txt as read-only.
That way you can start @ 800x600 windowed.. and if you decide to join the fun, just Shift + F12.
When you`ll exit, the resolution will not be saved, so you`ll open LFS again at 800x600 windowed. That`s a workaround though.

Oh also, the Shift+F[9-12] shortcuts can be changed in-game to suit your "needs", just select a desired res from the big list and click on the coresponding shortcut you want for it (Options-screen, up-right corner of the screen).
Quote from STF :You can set your desired default settings, resolution etc.. and mark cfg.txt as read-only.
That way you can start @ 800x600 windowed.. and if you decide to join the fun, just Shift + F12.
When you`ll exit, the resolution will not be saved, so you`ll open LFS again at 800x600 windowed. That`s a workaround though.

Oh also, the Shift+F[9-12] shortcuts can be changed in-game to suit your "needs", just select a desired res from the big list and click on the coresponding shortcut you want for it (Options-screen, up-right corner of the screen).

sounds like a good temporary solution.
thanks.
...or have two different LFS's in two different folders, each with it's own settings. Not very efficient but does exactly what you want.
It wouldn't be difficult to create an application which would alter the values in the cfg.txt file then launch LFS. The following line in the cfg.txt file holds the values for colour depth, refresh rate and resolution:

Screen Info 0 60 1920 1200

The above means 32 bit colour (0 for 32 bit, 1 for 16 bit), 60Hz refresh rate and 1920x1200 resolution. If you would like such an application let me know and I'll make up something for you.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG