The online racing simulator
Dead Men Racing
(25 posts, started )
Dead Men Racing
About Us

Dead Men Racing are part of the Dead Men Walking gaming community and, as such, are not structured like most teams in LFS. Membership, for example, is by invitation only and we only invite racers who have consistently demonstrated a mature attitude to racing. Skill levels are not important. When members are invited we make it very clear to them that the dMr tag makes them ambassadors of mature, clean and fair racing.When you see someone wearing the dMr tag you *know* they will race hard and fair.

Our Server

Our server is public and it's busiest between 8pm and 10pm GMT. We have ...
  • Forced Cockpit View = ON
  • Wind = ON
  • Pit Stop = ON
Just look for 'Dead Men Racing' on the server browser.

Our Racing

We structure our racing in one week cycles. A different car/track combo is chosen for each week and we round the week off with a one hour race on that combo. The 'Long Race' is on Thursdays at 8:30pm with a 20 min qualy starting at 8pm (all times GMT/BST). The server is made private shortly before qualy ends so no late joiners. We have recently introduced a 'Team Racing' event on Sunday evenings. Drivers are paired up by PB with the fastest paired with the slowest, second fastest with second slowest etc. Each racer drives half the laps and everybody uses the Race_S setup. This has proved to be great fun but does require our server to be made private so if you fancy joining us then you will need to sign up on our forum for the server password. In addition I can't stress enough how much more fun racing is when Ventrilo or Teamspeak is used. We prefer Ventrilo and use it at all times. Details, again, are on our forum.

Our general race durations tend to be around the 15 minute mark. When the race ends do not expect to see the next race start immediately. We normally have a break of about 5 minutes for bladders to be emptied, glasses to be filled and setup tweaks to be tested so please: be patient, keep the track clear and resist the urge to vote. Remember: quality not quantity.

Our Admins

We have a zero-tolerance policy regarding 'numpties'. We try very hard to ensure that our guests are provided with the best racing experience we can deliver and we refuse to let the reckless actions of others spoil that. However, we all make mistakes. So if you feel that an admin has dealt with you harshly then please take it to our forum where I can guarantee a mature response to your complaint.

Your Experience

You have a large choice in where to race so why give us a try? Well because you'll be hard pushed to find a friendlier well-run public server to race on where speed around the track plays second fiddle to mature people having clean, fair and fun racing. When you leave our server we want you to be thinking 'That was fun' and we hope that will make you a regular.

Race you soon?
The DMR server is always a nice place to be, great people and nice and fair racing
I heartily endorse this product or service.
#4 - Dru
Yup - DMR are very professional and we at Concept Racing have had great races there over the previous months
Sounds good, I'll give 'em a try.
Nice post Oldie.....you old pimp!
Joined, enjoyed and soon became the first server under "favourites" in Browse For Speed. Regardless of combo, it's always fun to race there. Keep it up.
Had some very nice racing there last night.
me like it long time !! $5 :haha:
+1 always nice to join this server with good choice of combos and good people
Nice presentation and all, but you forgot to tell us what's the name of the server...
I wouldn't put it past them to name it 'Dead Men Racing' - they're sly like that.
Great server, great bunch of guys, great place to race.
Quote from xaotik :I wouldn't put it past them to name it 'Dead Men Racing' - they're sly like that.

Drat! If it hadn't a'been for those pesky kids I woulda gotten away with it.
#14 - VoiD
Sorry if I sound like a complete noob.
I was in the mood to race on DMR today but the server was set to private. This never happened before (raced before a couple of times)... Do I miss something..? Plz PM´me!
Thank you
Just a quick post to say thanks for the great racing!! Boogle and I had a blast on your server this past weekend. I for one will definitly return for another go at ya boys!

Doorman...What I liked about your rules

I think I like them so much because I'm not the fastest driver, or the most acurate shot.
So I have fun being in the middle of the pack racing door to door, or supporting the frontline troops with a machine gun as they advance. I am too old and too slow to be a star preformer so I will play a supporting role and have a blast doing it.
Your rules are set up to inspire thinking and teamwork which is right up my alley.

Some people on my team have said they like the rules as well, while others don't. But thats ok, thats why we have such a good team....(Diversity)

Anyway see you soon.
Quote from Toddshooter :Just a quick post to say thanks for the great racing!! Boogle and I had a blast on your server this past weekend. I for one will definitly return for another go at ya boys!

Doorman...What I liked about your rules

I think I like them so much because I'm not the fastest driver, or the most acurate shot.
So I have fun being in the middle of the pack racing door to door, or supporting the frontline troops with a machine gun as they advance. I am too old and too slow to be a star preformer so I will play a supporting role and have a blast doing it.
Your rules are set up to inspire thinking and teamwork which is right up my alley.

Some people on my team have said they like the rules as well, while others don't. But thats ok, thats why we have such a good team....(Diversity)

Anyway see you soon.

What a nice man.
Added the details of our weekly 'Team Racing' event to the 1st post.
I always enjoyed racing with you guys. I especially like the combos that are picked..rare and fun.

Hope to race with You soon.
Just have to make a post about the "Team Racing" event that i participated in today. GREAT fun! The concept with a "slow" driver switching with a "fast" driver during a race is genius!
#22 - Dru
Quote from audimasta :Just have to make a post about the "Team Racing" event that i participated in today. GREAT fun! The concept with a "slow" driver switching with a "fast" driver during a race is genius!

which one where you then m8?

Yes - tihs concept is a great one - as long as you don't get sand baggers
Quote from Dru :which one where you then m8?

Yes - tihs concept is a great one - as long as you don't get sand baggers

We run a small doohickey that pairs up drivers by PB.
Hi Guys, I have raced with you a few times but mainly use 'Schumie' which I run.

Any chance you can send me your Airio settings please?
Lots of fun last night, thanks

edd

Dead Men Racing
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG