The online racing simulator

Poll : What do you think?

GTRs FOR THE WIN!
FO8, BF1, INDY ACTION!
Most of them are good ideas, but/because...
WTF, NOOB!
My suggestion is ...
I do not understand what you are talking about...
Most of them are bad ideas, but/because...
No need for another season, really!
Season 3, Pre-discussion
is there a need or a wish for a 3rd season?

i know we ended the 2nd season without finishing it correctly, but in the end it did not make sense at all the way we were progressing with it. nobody was showing up and a lot of people just gave me headaches

i have several ideas in mind to improve the whole thing a lot and we also have some new tools which will help me organizing it.

but first of all i need to know if there is some interest in this kind of league.

my ideas for a 3rd season are:
- only 5-6 races (KY1, KY1 rev, KY Chicane/Swing, KY360, maybe the speedway (not sure though), maybe a circuit)
prevents for losing interest in the whole thing. season 2 was just too many races

- open to all GTRs OR (if there is more interest: FO8)
its up to you which GTR you are going to select pre-season
- race lenght: around 120 laps (80 min.)
- AUTOMATED pace-car for flying starts (AI)
- maybe a Tire restriction, to force more pitstops (not sure though)
- higher standard in driver selection (increase lapcount, laptime)
- reduced time needed for qualifyings (maybe race result from last race upside down, only new drivers qualify for positions BEHIND the last race winner, or something like that)
- completely new points-system, more like on cycling track racing, with two "sprint-bonus" during the race.
so the first car in e.g. in lap 35 and 75 will get a 5 point bonus
right after that a 3 lap CAUTION is given out to close all gaps in the field
- CAUTION during race NOT for crashed cars ONLY after a "sprint bonus"
in fact, the sprint bonus laps are given out before each race, so you know actually in which lap there will be a caution before the race
- NO entering the pits during a caution, but if you are in the pits while a caution is given out you can make the pitstop. this brings the conclusion up: either you are going for a bonus or you are going to the pits
- penalties are given out ONLY during the race by an admin (only Stop and Go or DriveThrough
- if there is an incident during a race which needs reviewing (on purpose crashing or something like this) there is only one decision: "disqualification" or "no disqualification", there won't be any points penalties like in season 2

all this things are under discussion.

let's get ready to mumble!!!!!!
Sounds good...I like the indiecar(fo8) Just don't drop the GTR's. Also i think of more pitstops by adding tyre restrictions sounds good, makes things a bit more interesting.
I did miss season 2 mostly because I was aiming for 2008 season.

Is there any specificy for starting date (ex: month?) I hope it starts after march then our team Ovallers big cheese can take part also.

And another thing: And are u going to be more selective with entering competitors. If I remember correctly there was a ctra Silver licence reguired or a specific laptime(wich I don't remember).

main cars should still be GTR's ( no BF1 please )
no dates at the moment

yes drivers will need to have a certain laptime and lapcount to participate. i think even higher standards then the "[FM] Nascar500" Server requires (i think its 1000 laps/a 39.20). i was thinking about 2500 laps AND a PB of 39.00 or below on the oval with the car you want to participate (in GTR class)

i would love to have 2 leagues, one for GTRs and one for FO8, but i think its too time consuming, BUT with the short season of 5 races i can think about several ways to have alternating events.
i would want xrt or xrg
well laptimes are perfect but don't fit with laps (lastone is going to be a issue ...for me at least) I consider myself out atm with amount of laps : XRR 1783 laps and FZR 1543 laps (...BF1 5822 laps)

and yes...short event is a good way to keep drivers intrest until end
Yeah, 2500 laps is kind of ridiculous, that's something like 30 hours of driving. If it takes you that long to figure out how to drive on the oval, then maybe you shouldn't be racing there in the first place. Racers need to be judged on talent, not how many thousand laps they've done.
thats a misunderstanding: 2500 laps with all GTRs TOGETHER and a BP of 39.00 or below with the car you are going to race *g*

if it will be a fo8 thing then i think BF1 and FO8 together lapcount of 3000

but don't nail me on this right now... its just to early to give that exact numbers out.(my stats are something like 1500 with FXR and FZR each and 3500 with XRR; 10000 FO8 and around 5000 with the BF1 on the oval)
i know racers should be judged not according to their laps BUT there is no other way at the moment. there is no way i can find out if a driver is a good racer and knows how to act on an oval with 10 cars around him with this way, but at least i can see how many laps he did.

i wish there would be a stat telling me things like:
races joined, average position, average amount of people in the race, average race-results, how many times causing a yellow flag. (and this only for oval/ovalreverse and GTR class.

CTRA is perfect for this kind of stuff but sadly there is no "CTRA Oval" license
cheers up...
yes things look promising
Quote from Fischfix :
CTRA is perfect for this kind of stuff but sadly there is no "CTRA Oval" license

now there's a good idea
Quote from -NightFly- :cheers up...
yes things look promising
now there's a good idea

i bet CTRA thinks the same thing about oval (thats its not racing) most people think that
id be up for it.
maybe with the bf1, its fun to drive oval with that.
but i like the gtrs more than the fo8
I have a slight problem with the sprint points bonus, though i proberly wont enter the series because of my timezone.

The sprint points you propose the field coming back together 2 problems.
1. Crashes have more chances of happaning during the period leading upto it thats a known fact.
2. Unless there a full team of 9 you cant get the full effect of the sprint bonus lol no team captian or sprinter using his men up for the final push.

But seriously i think the sprint idea might be pretty cool im just putting my thoughts out there.
the thing with the crashing is true as i have experienced it before.

i have two solutions in mind:
1) everyone knows before the race when there will be a sprint bonus and therefor the Caution after that
2) high driver standard, crashing during a FCY will result in a disqualification

i had a discussion about this sprint thing with one of my team members, and i am a bit in doubt if the "1)" thing is necessary if the "2)" thing is high enough.

the main problem in the first two seasons was simply the fact, we had a lot of drivers who were not supposed to race in a league, as their experience was not high enough. the second reason was my own fault, as i did not reject them in the first place or gave them one chance after another to improve. to make this clear, in a third season, there won't be anything like that.

first of all, the driver selection will be much firmer, and second of all, if a driver makes a mistake he has to deal with the consequences.
i call this "no noobs policy" (not the team!)
I would like to drive FXR or XRT. Just my opinion. (I wish that last word was right)
Indy!
if its going to be the "indy style thing" it probably will be called

ILS

for the "Nascar style series" i'd probably stick to LFSCAR 360° CUP SERIES
Attached images
ISL.jpg
360.jpg
Quote from Fischfix :if its going to be the "indy style thing" it probably will be called

ILS

for the "Nascar style series" i'd probably stick to LFSCAR 360° CUP SERIES

Nice
When will this be?
Fischfix, i do believe an openwheel division would deffinitely require more skilled drivers, but the one make GTR's provide the best competition, in my experience so far.

Both would make for incredibly exciting racing. The GTR's allow for a llittle fender to fender and fighting for the positions, while the F1 cars or Formula V8's would be just as exciting because you cant get away with the contact, you have to fight cleanly or end up outof the race.

I'm all for a tire restriction, anything to increase the level of competition is good.
Vote for the FO8

Maybe this time i could beat yankman...
Hi,

I like the ISL thing, and I'd like to participate the whole season this time! I think the biggest problem was the time. On Mondays people don't have enough time to race through midnight. (Me too, I have jobs to do the next day...) So maybe a weekend day would be better (Saturday especially).

Other 1:

There should two races on each race weekend a GTR, and a Single Seater event. One of them should be the feature race. I would race on each race.

Other 2:

Last weekend I joined the FM's BF1 server, and I was totally surprised about the behave of the people there. FM guys (Keny Popps, and Faliure, maybe others too) was - how can I say - very unkind. First I was kicked because I was using the whole racetrack , they said I was blocking (watch this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_LlKlWY1zBg or this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2GUAuraSwFQ. I don't think they are racing unfair. They are RACING, keeping position.) Than I won the race and I became the worst man in the universe. Thank you, but I know what I am doing. Watch my results on CTRA single seater.
I am respecting you Fishfix very much, I know you tried everything to keep the LFSCAR season 2 together. I respect the other FM members too. Keny, Popps, Faliure: I know you are very fast drivers, maybe faster than me, but you should not behave like this. I was quited without saying bye.

Btw, I hope the season 3 would last to the final race!
1 more thing:
I've just red, that you are willing to organize BF1 race on oval. My suggestion is: don't. Because in LFS the fastest package between the user to the server is 6 times/second. I think it's too weak. at 340 kmh 167 miliseconds is too long. There will be a lot of crash because of the lag. What do you think?
I have never raced in this league before but i am interested in joining this season. Why dont you go with the indy and gtr idea and at the end of the season you could do the top 10 people in each league racing in the 'champions' race in a neutral car. This might provide something exciting
Mr. Galindohhhhh would go for XRR again with ze Zero monstrum

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG