The online racing simulator
Bigger autocross area??
(132 posts, started )
Bigger autocross area??
Can we please have in the future updates if it's not that hard to do, a bigger area of autocross? I wanted to create some local cart tracks, but the area is not wide enough for that.. Can we just have a larger space, like that whole space to be asphalt, without that trucks, grass area, etc... Just a large area, so we can create custom layouts more freely?? I think that would be great, so please if it's not hard to implement, i would really like that in S2 full..
The AutoX arena really isnt big enough? Blimey, thats some track... :o
I meant AutoX, sorry That large asphalt area. Well, it is really big now, but it is not wide enough to create some kart layouts. You are telling me that you would not want a larger area, so you can have more freedom in creating custom layouts, and local track areas??
Yes it is big, but like Boris said, it isn't wide enough. I have tried numerous times to make several official Auto-X type courses, but they just will not fit. Almost every course made requires a wider area... more like a square. I wish it could be expanded, or better yet, it would be nice if that area was improved like Blackwood was.
Exactly.. I would really apreciate this, and i am sure most of us would, it's like an track editor, but not exactly. It would also be good, if we could put more objects. I really think this is not some hastle to do, just double the width of the current area, and i would be one happy user.
If it helps bump this suggestion up the to-do list, I am all in favour of a wider and longer autocorss arena. Also the restriction on the number of objects, from 512 to say 1024, would have to be taken into account.

...and have some objects to create bumps and curbs too
Curbs will be damn good!

Ofcourse as a demo racer Im not have possibility to do that but Im know it would be good.

Curb will geave real dimesion if some body make copy of some smaller (karting) track.
Quote from Hyperactive :...and have some objects to create bumps and curbs too

YES! curbs would be great! and a bigger autox arena is a MUST.. take out that whole building and make it one gigantic square. or even make it bigger and have it be an even bigger gigantic square!
Both would be nice =)

Ok I am done for the night hehe thats alot of posts to read, think I have been on it for over 2 hours....
I've got to second the request for larger autocross area. I do most of my autocross at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, CA and even their smallest lot is larger than either of the autoparks (it helps that the large one is an odd shape). I tried to set up the autox for my next autox in LFS and ended up creating it at 1/2 scale, and used the MRT on it instead of the street cars.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f= ... 0.007631,0.009881&t=h

In the satellite image you can even see the groove from a recent autocross.

The west lot it about 700m x 250m. The two east lots are about 250m x 400m each.
ya i ended up making a few tracks 1/2 scale too and others i dont even try because i know i cant fit them how they should be. theyll just be little 1st and 2nd gear tracks too. need a bigger area!
Yes, size does matter.
One of our local autocross sites is an unused runway at the Bremerton Airport. The course is laid-out on a few of the taxiways and a section of the runway. To make courses that are used on this site I would need an area that is 2000ft x 300ft.

It would be nice to just get an area of tarmac that is about 2000ft x 2000ft with a surounding fence, and nothing more. With an area this size we could build any auto-x layout or small race circuit that crossed our mind. Reducing the polly count of the envirnment could also allow for an increase in the number of placed objects maybe?
+1 for wider & +1 for Pit lane
+1 for much larger area
+1 for airport environment
and to add to scania's post
+1 for marked pit boxes (chalk outline) as placeable objects, just like restricted zones and the like
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :+1 for much larger area
+1 for marked pit boxes (chalk outline) as placeable objects, just like restricted zones and the like

+1 to this quote
+1 for larger AutoX area
+1 for an airport enviroment
+1 for all the suggestions in the thread!

This +1 could get quite repetitive!
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :+1 for much larger area

This could win.
How about an entire airport that is open to autoX? Runways, taxiways, aircraft parking areas.. Just without the aircraft I would like that. Just make sure that one of the runways is big enough for a fully loaded 747 to take off.. Or make a emergency landing at 250 knots.
Agree, we need bigger space to freely roam around on, aswell as an increas of objects we can place

Couldn`t the DEV`s simply add a easy-making envoriment, like desert plain, and a HUGE asphalt area where people could roam around and have fun. Would be great, and I don`t think it would be too hard to creat eighter
Quote from The Very End :Agree, we need bigger space to freely roam around on, aswell as an increas of objects we can place

Couldn`t the DEV`s simply add a easy-making envoriment, like desert plain, and a HUGE asphalt area where people could roam around and have fun. Would be great, and I don`t think it would be too hard to creat eighter

I'd love that, increase unit limit to 1024 aswell.

But I bet we'll have someone in here saying "my computer isn't fast enough".

Well sorry mate, you don't have to join that map do you?
Late to the party here, but I just picked this up recently. I bought this mostly for the autocross aspect, and am in agreement with the posters that the autocross area is too small. I'd like to simulate some of the national-level courses (the ones from the actual National championships especially) but the area provided is not sufficient.

I saw Qualcomm posted as an example, and my rough measurements on google maps of the solo pad at Heartland Park Topeka give me ~300M x 300M. It would also be nice if the surface grip could be changed: Asphalt or concrete provide vastly different grip levels.

Bret

Bigger autocross area??
(132 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG