The online racing simulator
Ballast & Balancing
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Ballast & Balancing
This thread is more apt in the Test Patch Forum, but i can't start a thread there!

Now that we have Ballast in W9 (WARNING, its an INCOMPATIBLE patch!), i thought i'd start a thread about what ballast settings to use for each car to balance it with another car, and on what track, for example, if you add 90 KG's of Ballast to a UFR at SO4R (South City Long Reversed), and leave it in the "default" position, it becomes a VERY good match for the XFR (rather than owning it like it does there). If this thread becomes popular (ie doesn't die!) then i might just compile the settings you've found into one big spreadsheet and post a picture of it on the forum.

So, what ballast settings have you found that balance stuff?
Jakg, just been on your bumperz server in the XFR and you in the UFR, how much faster do you think you could go with the ballast you had?
#3 - Jakg
With the ballast I probably would have got a 1:45.5, maybe even a 1:45 dead, but at the same time you would be putting in the same times - with 45kg of ballast I set my PB of 1:44.5, but then I've only done 17 laps, so I'm far from a master. I'm sure, if the WR guy got that set, he could ring a 1:42 out of it!
might go and try 90kgs in ufr and see where i compare

edit

mmmmmm 1.47.03 so far, problem for me ATM is braking!!!
the extra weight means slowing down sooner.......whole new learning curve
you also have to keep in mind fuel, fuel weight, time to refuel and therefore you can only level them out on a certain amount of laps.

if you level them out for 1 lap with minimum fuel in it. OK, but this will be useless if one of the cars will have to pit in 2 times during a race and the other 1 times due to higher fuel consumption...
A bit unrelated, but does anyone else thinks that 200kg extra weight in the MRT is just plain impossible ?
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Fischfix :if you level them out for 1 lap with minimum fuel in it. OK, but this will be useless if one of the cars will have to pit in 2 times during a race and the other 1 times due to higher fuel consumption...

yes, but this way on a 10 lap public race this can help a lot - you can fight and although you loose a little on the straights, you gain it back on the twistys, in the same way in most leagues you don't usually do pit-stops
#8 - CSU1
I can see som sand bagging going on if we plan to use the weight as a handicap within the same class tbh.
#9 - Jakg
whats the poin of sandbagging, when (i assume in later versions) the server automagically gives a UFR a 90 KG ballast which it can't remove on this track?
i mean the only reasonable use for this is saying somthing like:

in league XY the BF1 is not allowed to have less then 600kg. so you can put your weight in and your done.

OR

like in dtm when winning drivers get weight penalties until they stop losing.
Quote from ATHome :A bit unrelated, but does anyone else thinks that 200kg extra weight in the MRT is just plain impossible ?

easy, just fill the steel tubes of the frame with lead
or even better: osmium
Quote from ATHome :A bit unrelated, but does anyone else thinks that 200kg extra weight in the MRT is just plain impossible ?

if lefty fits in mrt, that's no problem at all then
I would be interested in weights/power restrictions for making a large GT Class:
FXO, RB4, XRT
and some penalized cars:
FZ5, RAC, LX4

Here you will cover almost all car-configs :-)

And maybe fox/mrt but in real life you never will see those together with the GT class on a "public" track.

Ballast & Balancing
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG