The online racing simulator
Quote from Mazdaratie :
Edit: I just saw Kimi Raikkonen didn't get a penalty either for exactly the same accident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSK4kb8He_8
2 min 20 sec
i don't know if he gets penalty but he broke his front wing and had to go pits for new one, from commentators speech they say this is what he didn't need to do
I truly hate to do this, but rules are rules...

Majority of the experienced racers said that the penalty for the contact would be drive through or stop & go. After-the-race penalties will be changed to (Naturally, because what's the point of drive through if you have already finished?) 30 second and 45 second penalties. 30 seconds is enough to lose his 1st position (Have to check other penalties I give as well, but those doesn't concern who won).

So here are the podiums:
1st - JackCY
2nd - wOoOzZy
3rd - Mazdaratie

I will give the voucher as soon as "my" visa card gets back from work...

Congratulations to all participants (Those who raced and those who was in pre-qualifications). I would especially like to thank rhys_02 and RabbitJ for their dedication. I saw them practicing on the server several hours a day. Also, thanks to all the sponsors to fund this event. Thanks to my internet connection, because the server lost connection to master server couple of minutes after the race!

Edit: I will inform after the video have been made (By dekojester, our favorite safety car driver).
Sorry to hear that mazdaratie, but you raced well.

Congrats to our new winner JCY! :laola:
How can i play the replay as it is in .mpr format.

EDIT: Found out how to do it now.

Good race BTW
Quote from thebullet :How can i play the replay as it is in .mpr format.

EDIT: Found out how to do it now.

Good race BTW

replay in menu, or maybe some utilities, but i'm not sure if they can handle MPR, for SPR there are some
I wanna congratulate JCY again for his win. We had a great battle all throughout the 50 laps. I don't think we were ever more than 2 seconds apart. One of the best races I've had.
Quote from wOoOzZy :I wanna congratulate JCY again for his win. We had a great battle all throughout the 50 laps. I don't think we were ever more than 2 seconds apart. One of the best races I've had.

there can be seen how close it was

complete statistics here: statistics
Oh crap, that really sucks! But hey, I can only blame myself. Although I don't think a drive-through or even a 10 second stop-and-go penalty would cost 30 seconds... But this is the way it is.

So, gratulations to JCY. Have fun with S2!

And I also want to thank Gekkibi for this great competition . It was really professional! I mean, with all the P-Q's and the realistic conditions (wind, flags, safetycar, marshalls, penalties ). So I'll will gladly join a possible new competition of yours!
@ JackCY

You should check your private messages.

@ Mazdaratie

The decision was truly hard one. It would have caused stop & go during race (Which is aproximately 30 seconds, if not more). You was on fire during the race, pity you didn't won.

@ All who participated

I will store your usernames so I can contact you if I decide to make another voucher competition.
..so I guess thats it for this event.. we have a winner, the winner has a prize and almost everyone had fun

thx gekkibi
Quote from amen1 :thx gekkibi

Really, don't thank me. Thank other racers: They made this competition so intensive. And if you want to thank someone for the prize, thank these companies/associations:

Wäkipyörä recruiting company
Nemesis-airsoft
Finname engineering company
Pirkkasoft
Tamppi
Tampere University of Applied Sciences (Automobile section)
Tamko (Student union of Tampere University of Applied Sciences)
TTYY (Student union of Tampere University of Technology)
KoRK (Guild of Mechanical Engineering from Tampere University of Technology)
Computeam race authority
Pirkanmaasoft association
S2 unlocked, now burning some fuel with RB4

excellent racing, very competitive from start to the end, thank you all racers, Gekkibi, marshals, SC driver and all others who helped with the competition

PS.: amen1 found another competition where prize is the license http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=808858#post808858
..that links shows me this thread again? ^^
Quote from amen1 :..that links shows me this thread again? ^^

it shows your message on top ^_^;
Zany here. I'd like to congratulate JackCY for the S2 license. It's a shame we had to battle it out after the race instead of in the race but I guess it's a fair decission anyhow. (and now I'm going to explore S2 aswell )
I hope it's not all downhill from now on for him...

Attached images
nnnooooo.png
atleast you won't see me on a citydriving server haha
I just saw the whole replay of the race. I think Amen1 had the race of his life! Battling for many laps with Sidewinder1009 with multiple overtaking. And in the last 5 laps or so you had to give everything to stay in front of Miro-fin-. Excellent driving!
Quote from spankmeyer :I hope it's not all downhill from now on for him...

well just trying what is there the racing servers with RB4 were empty so i go to city driving

i can only add that MPR_RB4_2nd_PLACE that was my 2nd race, in first i overheated the tires so much, the starting position was random or reversed
and another owning in 3rd race MPR_RB4_1st_PLACE
i think thats going uphill
Quote from spankmeyer :I hope it's not all downhill from now on for him...

Well, blame me. I suggested to explore all aspects of LFS.
I once somehow ended up in a cruise server. I didn't understand anything what was going on there
Quote from hyntty :I once somehow ended up in a cruise server. I didn't understand anything what was going on there

ok i can say you that from the few minutes a was there
the track is sectioned and every section can have different speed limit, there are cops and if you violate something they will hunt you and then you have to pay money, for money you can buy a licences for cars, money you can get from driving and also lose from overspeeding.... blablablablabla
Quote from Mazdaratie :I just saw the whole replay of the race. I think Amen1 had the race of his life! Battling for many laps with Sidewinder1009 with multiple overtaking. And in the last 5 laps or so you had to give everything to stay in front of Miro-fin-. Excellent driving!

thanks^^.. I think I had a few more races with a similiar number of battles but this race was the first one with FBM over such a long distance ^^

I wonder if I could have held you behind me lol
Hi! I haven't had the time to put my few lines in until now. So first, big thanks to everybody involved - the organizers and the competition - for making this race so enjoyable for me.

The most memorable moments were laps 4-14 where, after starting a little mess after the 2nd chicane, I had a great fight with amen1 -7 passes altogether :fence3d: BTW, amen1 - sorry for the slowdown on lap 9, I misinterpreted the yellow flag rule trying not to pass Raeikkonen The battle was over for me when I spun for the 2nd time...

The mistakes I made put me on top of the "Yellow flaggers" list (thanks for the race statistics, JackCY). However, I really enjoyed the 'realism' of driving behind the SC, pitting (a disaster on my side - if you want to laugh, watch my pit-stop), being lapped and finally making it through the in-lap. Good job everyone.

Congratulations to the winner as well as the runners up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG