The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
New Dimension presents..... A fun-filled evening for everyone
Hi all.

After last night's LFSBC Festival, we received lots of positive feedback regarding the 'baby FBM' that we tried. It is simply a FBM with 40% intake restriction. We used it on one of the tracks that LOTA used for their MRT CC Cup (tracks here).

We enjoyed it so much that we're thinking of putting together a small league using it.

However, we need some testing to make sure that everything is AOK, and that it provides great racing. Also, we need to clarify the restriction, as I think that 40% is not enough (just MO)

So, I'm inviting everyone to an open test of this next Saturday at 7.30 pm BST. The server will be [DR] Server 1 (thanks to Dynamic Racing, again ) and there will be no password set. We will be trying a few different AX layouts, as well as some of the shorter road courses.

I'd like as many people as possible to come along, whether your mega-fast or super-slow, you're very welcome. Also, you don't need to be there @ 7.30, nor stay all evening, just being there at some point should ensure lots of fun.

Some indication of numbers willing to attend by replying in this thread would be useful.

Thanks

J@tko
wow... do not oganise too much. You have the Kyoto 500 stuff and this "enduro"league to organise (okey the second is this fall)...

do not do too much I don't want you to be the first one in an mental clinique because of organising too much in lfs
If we did have the league it would most likely replace the IEE
#4 - J@tko
Quote from TFalke55 :wow... do not oganise too much. You have the Kyoto 500 stuff and this "enduro"league to organise (okey the second is this fall)...

do not do too much I don't want you to be the first one in an mental clinique because of organising too much in lfs

We won't have both the endurance one and this. It'll be one or the other!

We're kinda re-jigging our calender to make sure we have a nice break in-between bits and bobs.

So this won't be until the late-ish summer anyway.

Looks like LFSBC will end up @ Xmas this year, so we have a gap in the middle. Then a nice gap until the Kyoto 250, then a gap until the 500 e.t.c

We won't work ourselves too hard

EDIT: Damn you Joe! But my post was more informative!
#5 - TG44
nice! I'll try to be there
Guys, just remember that the AutoX doesn't have a pit (tho we had a procedure for that) and that you can only put 16 on track at one time.

Something we worked out was to let everyone qualify, put 1,3,5,7,etc in one heat, and 2,4,6,8,etc in another heat and take the top 8 to run in a final. Grid the final by H1P1, H2P1, H1P2, H2P2, etc.. Then maybe run the remaining drivers that don't transfer to the final in another heat so you can classify them behind the final finishers for points reasons.
#7 - J@tko
Quote from banshee56 :Guys, just remember that the AutoX doesn't have a pit (tho we had a procedure for that) and that you can only put 16 on track at one time.

I've been doing my research

We've got both these sorted thanks

Quote from banshee56 :Something we worked out was to let everyone qualify, put 1,3,5,7,etc in one heat, and 2,4,6,8,etc in another heat and take the top 8 to run in a final. Grid the final by H1P1, H2P1, H1P2, H2P2, etc..

How did you qualify?

AX doesn't have quali
Quote from banshee56 :Guys, just remember that the AutoX doesn't have a pit (tho we had a procedure for that) and that you can only put 16 on track at one time.

Something we worked out was to let everyone qualify, put 1,3,5,7,etc in one heat, and 2,4,6,8,etc in another heat and take the top 8 to run in a final. Grid the final by H1P1, H2P1, H1P2, H2P2, etc.. Then maybe run the remaining drivers that don't transfer to the final in another heat so you can classify them behind the final finishers for points reasons.

Yeah, that is a nice way to format the league. I'm also for a 10 minute qual, 15 lap race in qualifying order, another 15 lap race reversed order, and yet another 15 lap race in the order of which you finished round 2. It doesn't have to be 15 laps but just a nice sprint, roughly 20 minutes.

I personally like the braket idea just alittle better becuase some times the slower cars, esspecially on these tracks, can really get in the way. We had some great drivers in LOTA and I still had serveral incidents with lapped drivers throughout the season. Anyways, thats why we test. I'll have to check my schedule but I might be able to make this one. Thanks!
#9 - J@tko
Quote from BigTime :Yeah, that is a nice way to format the league. I'm also for a 10 minute qual, 15 lap race in qualifying order, another 15 lap race reversed order, and yet another 15 lap race in the order of which you finished round 2. It doesn't have to be 15 laps but just a nice sprint, roughly 20 minutes.

I personally like the braket idea just alittle better becuase some times the slower cars, esspecially on these tracks, can really get in the way. We had some great drivers in LOTA and I still had serveral incidents with lapped drivers throughout the season. Anyways, thats why we test. I'll have to check my schedule but I might be able to make this one. Thanks!

I think that the heats idea is really good too. I'll have to give it some thought. For Saturday, we'll just be doing 10 or so minute races, random grid. I doubt we'll ever get more than 16 people turning up, but if we do, then we'll take turns

Hope to see you there BigTime.
Quote from J@tko :How did you qualify?

You should be able to qualify, if not you can always manually set the grid.
i also have an Idea. by adding a start point you'll get somekind of an hotlap mode. Every 6 sec a racer starts, drive one lap or so and then the driver with the best time, qualifies as first for the halffinals. After the halffinals (heat one and two) you'll get to two final races and two looser's round races.

I think there can be thousands of possibilities to creat an autocross event.
Quote from TFalke55 :i also have an Idea. by adding a start point you'll get somekind of an hotlap mode. Every 6 sec a racer starts, drive one lap or so and then the driver with the best time, qualifies as first for the halffinals. After the halffinals (heat one and two) you'll get to two final races and two looser's round races.

I think there can be thousands of possibilities to creat an autocross event.

Ah yes - nice plan there Falke
To qualify, just set up a race that is say 20 laps or so (enough to go 10-15 minutes) use everyone's best lap. After 10-15 minutes (whatever you choose), manually end the race by reducing the laps so someone finishes the race. Then set the grid manually.
Quote from banshee56 :To qualify, just set up a race that is say 20 laps or so (enough to go 10-15 minutes) use everyone's best lap. After 10-15 minutes (whatever you choose), manually end the race by reducing the laps so someone finishes the race. Then set the grid manually.

That was going to be my plan, until Falke's idea. I like 1-lap quali

This coming from a bit of an AX noob - how do i place a start point?

I already have my layout up.
Quote from J@tko :That was going to be my plan, until Falke's idea. I like 1-lap quali

S
Quote from J@tko :Ah yes - nice plan there Falke

not a really new idea it was my idea to get the qualifying for the Kyoto 250 to be done as fast as possible
Quote from J@tko :That was going to be my plan, until Falke's idea. I like 1-lap quali

I love one lap qualifying too. That was one of my favorite highlights from the Kyoto 250!

Also if your going to do that the starting point should be set just far enough back to give the driver enough space to get up to speed for the flyer, IE just before the final corner. This will save as much time as possible.
Quote from BigTime :I love one lap qualifying too. That was one of my favorite highlights from the Kyoto 250!

Also if your going to do that the starting point should be set just far enough back to give the driver enough space to get up to speed for the flyer, IE just before the final corner. This will save as much time as possible.

After much grief, me and Joe managed to sort it out.

Thanks for that BigTime. We had some split issues, but now its kinda sorted. 20 second run to the SF line. That's just for 1 track mind!

More to be done tomoz.
How could I not come? You made me fall in love... No, not you Jack, the combo
#20 - Stan
I'm busy on Saturday, but did enjoy the Baby FBM, so if a league is started, theres a strong chance I'd apply to race.
TBH, I loved the track and the car. That chicane in the track made me fall in love O_O! - Great stuff whoever made it!
Quote from evilpimp :TBH, I loved the track and the car. That chicane in the track made me fall in love O_O! - Great stuff whoever made it!

David made some great tracks. Every week before we ran the MRT series in LOTA I would almost die having to wait on the new track. All of them where perfect!

I was just happy when we didn't have any/many sweepers on the track........... The setup I used for the series was really good in the slower sections, which is where I tend to shine, as apposed to the faster sections.
I will try to be there, will it be the same track as at the LFSBC race?
Quote from BigTime :David made some great tracks. Every week before we ran the MRT series in LOTA I would almost die having to wait on the new track. All of them where perfect!

Agreed completely

They're fantastic.

Quote from racer hero :I will try to be there, will it be the same track as at the LFSBC race?

Yes, and some others too
Quote from J@tko :Agreed completely

They're fantastic.

Yeah, I think they are the best auto x tracks for LFS, ever...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG