The online racing simulator
Tire sidewalls Collection.
(56 posts, started )
I've made the psd just for let you do your custom wheels.
Quote from BWX232 :So answer the man... how the hell do you use these?

EDIT- OIC, you can only use one at a time? Errr.. you cannot keep adding them so eventually you have 50 sidewalls to use... why didn't they make it so you could do that? Seems like it would be easy enough. Sometimes the devs are so close-minded about things like this... :-/

I guess they have a different view of priorities than you, eh? I would say it's more important for them to concentrate their work on the physics and the handling rather than putting some white lettering on a tyre wall. Each to their own, I guess...
Quote from BWX232 :So answer the man... how the hell do you use these?

EDIT- OIC, you can only use one at a time? Errr.. you cannot keep adding them so eventually you have 50 sidewalls to use... why didn't they make it so you could do that? Seems like it would be easy enough. Sometimes the devs are so close-minded about things like this... :-/

Probably because they intend to add different physics data for the 4 types at some point, so if they just allowed unlimited tyre 'skins' then things would get a bit confusing.
Quote from colcob :Probably because they intend to add different physics data for the 4 types at some point, so if they just allowed unlimited tyre 'skins' then things would get a bit confusing.

That makes sense.. a lot more sense than the post above yours which I do not understand at all. (because how much time would that take)
This is kind of silly and tbh i dont even use them myself (they kinda gives me a headache when im not moving) but maybe someone else will.

Attached files
LOGOALPHA.dds - 1 MB - 832 views
I would like to request a tyres sidewalls set like this:

keep Michelin,
add Bridgestone Potenza, Toyo Tyres, Pirelli and Goodyear
Quote from felplacerad :This is kind of silly and tbh i dont even use them myself (they kinda gives me a headache when im not moving) but maybe someone else will.

Good idea! Let's see if it works well.

EDIT: Looks pretty cool! When the car is moving. (not when it's standing still, lol.)
Definetely dude, Keep Michelin, Bridgestone Potenza, Goodyear, Pirelli and Dunlop!
Quote from felplacerad :This is kind of silly and tbh i dont even use them myself (they kinda gives me a headache when im not moving) but maybe someone else will.

Now if the LFS devs would make it so that the entire wheel uses one texture when sitting still, then when it speeds up- it blends into a burred texture. That would be cool- would make LFS look a lot better.
Quote from colcob :Probably because they intend to add different physics data for the 4 types at some point, so if they just allowed unlimited tyre 'skins' then things would get a bit confusing.

Erm, no, that's the wrong conclusion. In fact all 4 manufacturers logos are on the same single dds file, just that only the michelin one is visible in the normal layer, the other 3 are on the alpha layer. It makes more sense to me to put all 4 on the same dds in order to replace the LFS brands if that is what you want to do. That is what I did with this dds file, it replaces Chromo, Torro and Evostar with Dunlop, Bridgestone and Yokohama, all on a single dds file.
http://skinnerz.proboards26.co ... lay&thread=1145742650
Quote from al heeley :Erm, no, that's the wrong conclusion. In fact all 4 manufacturers logos are on the same single dds file, just that only the michelin one is visible in the normal layer, the other 3 are on the alpha layer. It makes more sense to me to put all 4 on the same dds in order to replace the LFS brands if that is what you want to do. That is what I did with this dds file, it replaces Chromo, Torro and Evostar with Dunlop, Bridgestone and Yokohama, all on a single dds file.

I like those al

-maybe we should come to an agreement in the community to use the same irl dds edits so we all see the same brand.
..just an idea..
-and I think al's dds edit sort of covers the brand choice pretty well.
It would be cool if you could treat them exactly like skins, upload them and have them auto downloaded... in servers. Small files I am sure. Then you could have unlimited brands and designs, just like skins.
Al - love your textures and I'm using them now.

Is there any way to make the textures not look "squished" on the cars with shorter sidewalls? They look great on the BF1, but not so great on cars like the XFR.
Quote from al heeley :Erm, no, that's the wrong conclusion. In fact all 4 manufacturers logos are on the same single dds file, just that only the michelin one is visible in the normal layer, the other 3 are on the alpha layer. It makes more sense to me to put all 4 on the same dds in order to replace the LFS brands if that is what you want to do. That is what I did with this dds file, it replaces Chromo, Torro and Evostar with Dunlop, Bridgestone and Yokohama, all on a single dds file.

Thanks those are GREAT!!!! only thing is the fact that everyone keep missing the Bridgestones, they're just still not as accurate. Anyway, though, I like it, best substitute. The most accurate is the Potenza's on the first page of the BF1 Thread in the skins board. Just look, it was made for the Vieweer - it's the most accuracte Potenza's i've seen. But when I try to open the .dds, PS gives me an error, and DDS Converter won't convert. So see what you can do, here's the link...http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6610 - post # 11
Quote from Cue-Ball :Al - love your textures and I'm using them now.

Is there any way to make the textures not look "squished" on the cars with shorter sidewalls? They look great on the BF1, but not so great on cars like the XFR.

yes... on the GTR cars the Dunlop logo is barely readable.

hmm... nothing to do about it i guess.

- EDIT -
I took Al's tirewalls and made the logos higher so they dont look so "squashed" on the road/gtr cars.
hope its okay to post ur work with a edit, Al ?
Attached files
LOGOALPHA.dds - 341.5 KB - 488 views
scre e n s h o t
Attached images
pre_editALssidewalls.jpg
Another edit. - the one I use now.
Attached images
pre_sidewalls3.jpg
Attached files
LOGOALPHA.dds - 341.5 KB - 882 views
Quote from bo-kristiansen :Another edit. - the one I use now.

Very nice thanks for this one
another edit. - more subtle and smaller logos.
Attached images
pre_tyrew_edit4.jpg
Attached files
LOGOALPHA.dds - 341.5 KB - 586 views
I made these ages ago but only posted them on my team's forum. The new tyres replace the original tyre which they most closely resemble (hence Evostar=Bridgestone). There's a 'clean' set and a 'marked' set which has the little extra stickers etc that race tyres tend to have these days. The 'marked' set is shown in the preview image.

Thought some of you might like 'em.
Attached images
tyresnew.jpg
Attached files
lfstyres.zip - 20.8 KB - 531 views
My current set.

Bridgestone
Torro
Goodyear
Advan Neova

Thanks to Bunta for the Torro logo

Attached files