The online racing simulator
#1 - 65D
Live For Speed - FoX Friday - Westhill (WE1) (HD)
Highlights video of Fragmaster's FoX Friday event race held on 14th January at Westhill International (WE1).
Watch on YouTube! (HD 720p)
the wreck for me was the highlight of my race overall video is ok, kind of boring
#3 - Myffe
It needs music
#4 - 65D
Quote from Mustangman759 :kind of boring

Why it was kind of boring? It doesn't help anything that you are "just saying" its boring.

Quote from Myffe :It needs music

I admit that highly too. But hey, where the f*ck I get that correct music?
#5 - Litro
I think, there is need for music, LFS quality, + a bit effects. Otherwise, quite nice video.
#6 - sjava
Yep,the quality is bad and I agree,it needs music but overall its k.
#7 - 65D
I will seriously give up. I found myself doing hard work until 12am for these videos/people and next day had to wake up 6am. I wasnt able to hang out with my friends because of doing videos. And what I get? Barely few hundred views, f*cking blame and a lot different shit.

I got new computer just to get better videos. "Quality is bad". F*ck off man? I seriously will and want to enjoy my spare time with my true friends instead doing shit, useless, unpopular piece of craps. I tried - many times - but didn't get anything back. I don't give a **** anymore about this.

Go ahead and make or watch your good quality videos - what the f'king ever you want. I'm done!
#8 - Litro
Don't be so stressful ! Just keep on making videos and experience will come with time.
Quote from 65D :I will seriously give up. I found myself doing hard work until 12am for these videos/people and next day had to wake up 6am. I wasnt able to hang out with my friends because of doing videos. And what I get? Barely few hundred views, f*cking blame and a lot different shit.

I got new computer just to get better videos. "Quality is bad". F*ck off man? I seriously will and want to enjoy my spare time with my true friends instead doing shit, useless, unpopular piece of craps. I tried - many times - but didn't get anything back. I don't give a **** anymore about this.

Go ahead and make or watch your good quality videos - what the f'king ever you want. I'm done!

Ill be honest I thought it was OK not great but you probably have the potential to make something good. If you find the proper music I think it would be great... and as litro said
Looks to me like you're trying to show action there, but you lack rhythm for it and that's why you lack music other than that it's ok as the guys said. You don't need no fancy effect to make a great video, but music for sure you need.
Would you like some good criticism or prefer none at all?

1) The beginning is quite awful. I don't want to go round a track so fast. Also the "welcome to watch" thing is a bit unneeded, just a plain title would have sufficed. Then the transition from the intro to the grid is a bit tacky. First you're going super fast and now super slow. It kills the immersion completely.

2) In the grid the first camera angle is daft. No one can spin their head like that, especially with a helmet on. Then again, I've always thought that owls should be allowed to take a driving test.

3) The camera going across the track and suddenly changing to something else... not good.

4) Your camera transitions are quite poor.

5) Camera angle of the start is so unrealistic it hurts my pockets.

6) The lag is horrid. All cars jitter, majority of them bounce in addition.

7) First corner camera angle is even worse.

8) Sounds aren't that good.

9) Camera changes on the incident at 1:15 make no sense whatsoever.

10) The replay thing is quite daft. You would think you could do better with a ****ing computer and all.

11) Unrealistic crashes don't appeal to a simracing community.

That's the first minute and a half. I cba to watch more. If you were to correct all of the above you would have a semi-decent replay of a race. I wouldn't call it a movie yet but hey, it would be a start.
Quote from 65D :I will seriously give up. I found myself doing hard work until 12am for these videos/people and next day had to wake up 6am. I wasnt able to hang out with my friends because of doing videos. And what I get? Barely few hundred views, f*cking blame and a lot different shit.

wtf? Did anyone ask you to do this video? Stop moaning if noone did.
You cant be a perfect video maker if you dont improve anything.Try to learn new things and you get better and better. My first video was completely shit but after few lfs videos and serious studying, my newest project looks like its from a different world. And dont get too upset about the feedback. Next time fix those things what people said and the video will be much better. Dont give up.

EDIT: Also add some music. It makes the video like 9001 times better.

Staying at home making videos instead of hanging out with friends was your own call, not ours, so don't use that as an argument and try to make that "our" fault.

A new computer doesn't instantly mean "better videos with awesome quality", now, alot of that has to do with the amount of hours spent making the video, which FPS you recorded the vid with but also which FPS you choose to render the video with, which codec you use to render the video with, how effects are being used and how the clips are synced in addition to the music. Also, you need to know the basics of how to make a video. Examples given;
1) Don't place the camera in a position where the cars will run through it, if you know what I mean with that.
2) Before even starting filming and editing the clips, find a song that suits you but also the movie itself and the kind of feeling you want the video to transmit to it's viewers. When it comes to music, this is how you must choose it. It's impossible for you and everyone else to find a song that everyone likes, so choose a song that suits you and the movie itself.
3) Do not record a wreck that so clearly shows how unrealistic the wreck is. Three tips that can make a video 10 times better.

Do you want the movie to be packed with action? Use a fast song and short clips that are synced to the music. Slowmotion? Use a very slow song, a little longer clips and I can't stress it enough - sync it to the music.

Special effects can be such easy effects as flashes, screen going black&white and then back to color, you can use some color filters and change how the entire footage looks - use this right and it will be a joy for the eye to watch. Personally, I use AE for these kind of effects, and how did I learn how to do those effects? Tutorials, video co-pilot, etc. Trial and error.

The possibilities are endless, when I first started doing videos it was pretty much a frapsed replay, with 90 degrees FOV, no effects, and the clips didn't sync to the music at all. You can find an example right here, that's one of my first videos and you can see that I uploaded it in -08. Now we're in -11 and that video has 122 views. Did I give up? Nah, I just continued listening to the criticism given and continued making movies. One year later, I made this, and all of the sudden I had 1000+ views and many positive comments was given. Why? Because I listened to the viewers and their criticism and didn't give up making videos.

I hope you understand the point I'm trying to get across here. You do have potential to become a good video maker, but if you want to achieve that you must learn from the vids you made earlier and the criticism you got from those. I won't give any criticism about the video posted above since you clearly got that already and I agree with the peeps above.
#15 - 65D
Quote from [SWE]RE :*long post*

This is called authentic constructive critism. According this post to be honest I have to continue, take critism and learn. It was - to be honest - seriously annoying to get critism only like: "it needs music" or "kinda boring". I know that already so well, but I never got good suggestions or arguments. After all I understood that I can't do the video in a week as I aimed. I need more time to make it properly and don't have any rush or like "emergency production".

With pleasure I receive some music genres what could fit to the kinda fast video, I have already been checked some of options and with good time I will check your old and new videos to get some thoughts and tips.

For video recording. Without Fraps I have without AA like 200-350fps but when I press the 'record button', it locks itself to 30,0fps. Sometimes 59,9fps. Sometimes it goes over 59,9fps. I edit and render these videos with Sony Vegas Pro 9.0. I'm using .mp4 file format and the secondary option while starting rendering was something like "Internet 30p HD".

I'm very happy that I got finally some seriously good and useful constructive critism. This is seriously what I need. I'm looking forward to new video after little lessons and some things to resolve and clear up. Tack så mycket!

Quote from 65D :This is called authentic constructive critism. According this post to be honest I have to continue, take critism and learn. It was - to be honest - seriously annoying to get critism only like: "it needs music" or "kinda boring". I know that already so well, but I never got good suggestions or arguments. After all I understood that I can't do the video in a week as I aimed. I need more time to make it properly and don't have any rush or like "emergency production".

With pleasure I receive some music genres what could fit to the kinda fast video, I have already been checked some of options and with good time I will check your old and new videos to get some thoughts and tips.

For video recording. Without Fraps I have without AA like 200-350fps but when I press the 'record button', it locks itself to 30,0fps. Sometimes 59,9fps. Sometimes it goes over 59,9fps. I edit and render these videos with Sony Vegas Pro 9.0. I'm using .mp4 file format and the secondary option while starting rendering was something like "Internet 30p HD".

I'm very happy that I got finally some seriously good and useful constructive critism. This is seriously what I need. I'm looking forward to new video after little lessons and some things to resolve and clear up. Tack så mycket!

Happy to hear you're going to continue making vids dude!

When it comes to recording, you do need AA on, otherwise it'll look bad either way, at least in my eyes. So, depending on what kind of computer you have and how good it handles LFS, increase the graphics settings as high as you possibly can without getting any FPS issues when fraps is recording. Limit the in-game FPS to 30 (you don't need higher FPS than that actually), and limit Fraps to record at 30 FPS, and also render the video at 30 FPS. That way, you should get some smooth looking footage. Should that not be the case, you can slow down the replay and record it at x0.250 (using F2 and F3-keys) speed or so, and then take that footage into the video editing program and increase the speed from there.

Also, try to avoid footage where the lag is so bad that cars is jumping and bouncing all over the place.

Personally, I get these thoughts in my head (to sound psycho, lol) when I hear a good song, and I think that "ah, at this point of time in the song, a nice wreck or something would be awesome", you know what I mean? Build up the video accordingly to the song you're using. There's nothing better than some nice, action-packed footage of close racing and some wrecks synced with some fast-paced, yet groovy music. So I'd suggest that you'd try that. Just listen around to some different music styles, and let your imagination flow. Once you got an image in your head of how you want the vid to be, start creating it.
Cool.
#18 - 65D
Quote from [SWE]RE :When it comes to recording, you do need AA on, otherwise it'll look bad either way, at least in my eyes. So, depending on what kind of computer you have and how good it handles LFS, increase the graphics settings as high as you possibly can without getting any FPS issues when fraps is recording. Limit the in-game FPS to 30 (you don't need higher FPS than that actually), and limit Fraps to record at 30 FPS, and also render the video at 30 FPS.

I tested Fraps with AA. Without Fraps, with 1366x768, AA x8, AA x16, I get regardless of any track 50-150FPS.
With same setting - instead when I press the record button - it drops to 1-5FPS.

I can lock LFS's frames to 30 FPS, I can lock Fraps to record 30 FPS but I'm not sure how to render the video at 30 FPS with Sony Vegas Pro 9.0.

After all I'm "ready" to get these things solved. I have some feeling that when again I start to develop next video, I subside again to crappy camera angles and things about it. Of course I have to practice it at the beginning. Actually this all is just the beginning practice.

Music case is kinda creepy. I released Dec '09 Just Racing video, it includes Feeder's Just A Day music. I see there is so much more viewers and 'likes' than any videos I released. It could effect from the rock-style music. It can be deduced to search from world-wide internet some musics with rock genre. I got already few options (1,2). Though, I will keep searching and investigating. Hopefully this all will reward some day later.

Tack så mycket gång!
Quote from 65D :I tested Fraps with AA. Without Fraps, with 1366x768, AA x8, AA x16, I get regardless of any track I get 50-150FPS. With same setting - instead when I press the record button - it drops dramatically 1-5FPS.

I can lock LFS's frames to 30 FPS, I can lock Fraps to record 30 FPS but I'm not sure how to render the video at 30 FPS with Sony Vegas Pro 9.0.

After all I'm "ready" to get these things solved. I have some feeling that when again I start to develop next video, I subside again to crappy camera angles and things about it. Of course I have to practice it at the beginning. Actually this all is just the beginning practice.

Music case is kinda creepy. I released Dec '09 Just Racing video, it includes Feeder's Just A Day music. I see there is so much more viewers and 'likes' than any videos I released. It could effect from the rock-style music. It can be deduced to search from world-wide internet some musics with rock genre. I got already few options (1,2). Though, I will keep searching and investigating. Hopefully this all will reward some day later.

Tack så mycket gång!

Mkay then, I suggest that you try recording at x0.250 speed then and increase the speed of the footage in Vegas, it can easily be done by right-clicking on the video clip (after you put it in Vegas ofc) and insert a "Velocity envelope" I believe it's called. Once you get the envelope in there you'll figure out the rest, no probs.

So set LFS and Fraps to 30, FPS, decrease the speed of the replay to .250, record some clip(s) and see if that solves it. I and many others used this trick too when we ran into such problems as fps issues when recording with fraps.

As far as the camera angles goes, just think of which type of camera angles they use on TV during some race for example, also check other LFS videos and get some angles from there. There's alot of inspiration to be found if you look in the right places.

Inga problem!
#20 - 65D
Quote from [SWE]RE :Mkay then, I suggest that you try recording at x0.250 speed

If I record 5FPS with x0.250 speed, is the actual final footage like 20FPS? We need AA, but exactly its - for some unknown reason - dropping the FPS while recording. Though, lets see what will happen and I will keep looking, testing, searching and investigating about this.
If you use music, remember to sync it to the video
#22 - 65D
I tested this yesterday - I used AA x8, AF x16, 1280x720 and x0.250. Without recording of course it was smooth, but when I start record, it was again lagging and same time half or more slower than that 5 FPS.

With Sony Vegas Pro 9.0, I didn't found options how to speed up the video and synch the audio with it. Somehow I managed to speed up the video itself, but it wasn't any smoother. Basically at the end both, video and audio was just huge pile of shit from cows ass.

Quote from 65D :I tested this yesterday - I used AA x8, AF x16, 1280x720 and x0.250. Without recording of course it was smooth, but when I start record, it was again lagging and same time half or more slower than that 5 FPS.

With Sony Vegas Pro 9.0, I didn't found options how to speed up the video and synch the audio with it. Somehow I managed to speed up the video itself, but it wasn't any smoother. Basically at the end both, video and audio was just huge pile of shit from cows ass.

Decrease resolution. Often it's not the graphics itself that the computer can't handle, it's the resolution. Decrease it to 1024x768 (as a pure example) and try if that gives any hint of increased fps.
Quote from 65D :

If you talk about car sounds, you cant have them if you speed up the original footage. Your FPS has to be already smooth in slowmotion material. If its laggy in raw video it will lag in final video too.
#25 - 65D
With any 32-bit resolutions (in LFS and FS2004) while recording with AA x8 and AF x16, FPS drops always 5-15FPS! Even with 640x480x32 I get 10FPS. Why AA x8 is too much to my computer with AA x8? Could it be some effect that my operating system is 64-bit?

Though, when I record with 16-bit resolutin, its locked to 30.0FPS as it should be. The next problem is, 16-bit graphics can kiss cows ass!?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG