The online racing simulator
High Quality Texture - Blackwood pit stop brick walls
Hi,

Some small update.Texture is 1024*1024 and especially at pit stop it looks much better from close-up.I would say huge difference.I have added also comparsion screenshots (orginal left side - hi-res right side).

Installation is easy:

1) backup your original file "BW_pits2.dds"
2) Donwload my file and allow overwrite.

Small update of pit door textures.
LFS hi-res texture link

Thats it

Many thanks for your feedback
Best regards,

DEVIL 007
Attached images
compare1.jpg
compare2.jpg
Attached files
BW_pits2.dds - 682.8 KB - 1267 views
#2 - ORION
yea nice

It has a bit repeating effect though, but its the same in the original texture. Maybe the bricks could be a tad smaller though.
hm.. the reason i like the original, is because well for one yours look to large slightly, but the original ones look like they have been there for some time and are just worn and torn, so i think thats what makes them look better than yours which look.. brand new
Blackwood has a new pit area since S2, remember? And they don't look too big to me. They just used larger bricks. Now it looks like it's actually made of bricks. Before it looked like it's only covered with brick but underneath you still have the concrete or whatever it is built from (so the old bricks give a more decorative feel). Plus, i like the new warning signs.
the lighting on your sidewalls seem to be turned upside down...
see attach...
Attached images
lighting.jpg
thats just the way the texturing is set, the stock one in lfs must not have any variations in it and has the same lighting all throughout.. but ya, thats just a mapping problem with lfs
Downloaded your new walls, 007- in my opinion they look pretty good! I'm quite new to LFS, and am curious about higher resolution textures in general for this game (I've also replaced the track textures with Becky's higher res textures).

I'm looking for better sky textures too. Since i'm only running the demo version at the moment (trust me, I will buy a licence as soon as humanly possible) I'm interested in higher res versions of the skies at Blackwood. Already have a nicer cloudy sky (from Becky I think)...

Anyone know where I can get better skies for Blackwood??

Loving this game!!!
Quote from micha1980de :the lighting on your sidewalls seem to be turned upside down...
see attach...

I know...but its not my fault and its not posible to correct it as LFS use these textures on building in other places and if I would just darker this part it would cause issue in other places.Sorry I cant do anything here:-(

Hope you still like this small update.

Edited:my 1st post now also include pit stop metal door update
Devil 007, in which program are you editing these files? I remember someone on another thread say something about a dds importer prog? Maybe at Nvidia site. Anyway, I'll check it out.

Oh, and it was Don+Kidcodea that I obtained the higher res cloudy sky for Blackwood...
Quote from Electrik Kar :Devil 007, in which program are you editing these files? I remember someone on another thread say something about a dds importer prog? Maybe at Nvidia site. Anyway, I'll check it out.

Oh, and it was Don+Kidcodea that I obtained the higher res cloudy sky for Blackwood...

Yeh,
its NVIDIA DDS plug-in for Photoshop.You can donwoad it as free at their site.
(time passes)...

I've created a collection of higher resolution corner speed signs for Blackwood. When in replay the lower res original versions tend to look quite pixelated. I redid all the numbers and arrows, carefully following the aesthetic of the originals. If someone could show me how to upload dds files to anywhere, you can 'ave 'em...
Quote from Electrik Kar :(time passes)...

I've created a collection of higher resolution corner speed signs for Blackwood. When in replay the lower res original versions tend to look quite pixelated. I redid all the numbers and arrows, carefully following the aesthetic of the originals. If someone could show me how to upload dds files to anywhere, you can 'ave 'em...

You can upload them here in the forum as attachements.
DDS are allowed here to be attached to the post as a file.
Easier if you have several, put them together in a folder then zip the folder up and attach the zip to your post.
Fantastique!

Well, here they are

Hope you like
Attached images
RALY_Arrows.jpg
Attached files
RALY_Arrows.dds - 341.5 KB - 557 views
Thanks Felplacerad..!

Here's a comparison shot below, b4 and after... (new version is on the left)
Attached images
look.jpg
Hi all,
I made a small update with better seamless looking texture.Also bricks are smaller now.
Attached images
Blackwood pits.jpg
Attached files
BW_pits2.dds - 682.8 KB - 653 views
is it just me or are there way too much signs on that wall?
but looks better (small-bricked) than the one before...
Quote from micha1980de :is it just me or are there way too much signs on that wall?
but looks better (small-bricked) than the one before...

Its the same as with original texture.There will be a lot of signs or none.Its a mapping problem:-(

I am adding hi-res sand texture(2048*2048):
Sand Hi-res Blackwood texture
can you have a look at your latest *.dds post please and compare it with the original.
it's the detail of the wall concering me.
it looks not "deep" enough.
When i take a look at the original then i can see more depht between the stones and the concrete fixing the stones of the wall.
hard to find the right words, maybee its the color differences in the orig dds compared to yours.
Try to make a grey-scale bump map of your tex and the orig, i'm sure you'll find out that with the same values you'll get higher differences of the original.

i provide 2 pics, 1st is the original, 2nd your mod, have a look at them.
as you can see your tex is more "clean" a bit fabricated.
In fact the original is fabricated too but looks more real to me...
Attached images
BW_pits2.jpg
BW_pits2.bmp_mod.jpg
#21 - Naix
I must say that Devil has made a real good work, and I really appreciate.
But, I also agree with Micha1980de, the Devil's bricks seem to not have some 'relief' (duno if it is the right term in english).
it is...

thus you spoke in 2 sentences what i had to discribe in a big pile of text...

<<< leaves for more language practice...
Quote from micha1980de :it is...

thus you spoke in 2 sentences what i had to discribe in a big pile of text...

<<< leaves for more language practice...

I may some slight update(use same link).Hope it looks a bit better.
I am interested in program you used.Where I can download it?

I think the more relief from your comparsion above is also due 2 things.
JPEG compression effect and low quality of texture making colouring a bit weird.

I assume the program you used is based on the colours in textures I can be wrong though.
@micha1980de: what software did you use to render these pictures?
renders...
The programm i used was Cinema 4d R9.

and it used your textures twice. (converted via dds-converter)

1 for the normal map
2 for the "height" of the relief.

3 take a simple plain and use the 2 textures in their destined channels then c4d gray-scales the texture and generates a height-map using dark=low and bright=high areas.

4 apply a dynamic polygon subdivision to pay respect to the detail of the texture.

With the same allignment of the 2 textures you get the rendered pictures you saw.

After the recompression of the tiff->jpg (via photoshop) the job was done...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG