The online racing simulator
Yea it's always done the skidmarks to heaven thingy since I first started playing in october. I'll grab a screenie of it.

Here's what it looks like, sometimes during a long race some corners can be littered with these skidmarks that are hading skywards.

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skid2sky1gu.gif
-
(Bramski) DELETED by Bramski
Woah, never ever EVER seen that before. I used to see skidmarks in the air in the very early days of skidmarks, or have them appear where another car was that you 'drove over'. But that bug was squashed and I assumed everyone just saw them on the ground like I do.
Been testing that a bit. It seems that I disabled cut and blip when manual clutch is set, because when using auto cut, the throttle can get stuck off, because it seems that it cuts the throttle until the clutch is pressed. And that was just confusing.

It looks like I can re-enable blip on downshifts with manual clutch, as long as I don't enable throttle cut on upshifts with manual clutch. I hope to release test patch T3 within a couple of hours so you can try it out.
#81 - Aahz
Since this thread seems to be a sort of a "report a bug with the new version" discussion, I'll chip in what I saw:

1) the patcht T really, and I mean REALLY, doesn't like my gamepad. I'm not sure how this happened, but I get a lot of glitches with the gamepad now. Examples are: throttle not setting to 100%, the gamepad "locking" in one direction or the other, locking brakes, sporratic acceleration, and so forth. Hitting the "recalibrate axes" several times usually solves the problem, but only for an indefinite time. With patch S, the controller worked flawlessly.

2) I use a rather weak system for LFS, it's a centrino laptop, running on an Intel graphics card. Not exactly the dream configuration, but it worked more or less fine in patch S. With patch T, I often get "stutters" in the game that drop the framerate down to 1 FPS. It happens mostly during racers, and the number of races doesn't seem to have an effect on the glitch. It seems that the game is trying to access the HDD for something (the HDD light is blinking madly), then it stops and reverts to normal. A RAM problem?
#82 - Vain
@Aahz' second problem:
First check wether there are any Anti-virus-programs, instant-messagers or otherwise active programs using capacity. Then, shut those down.
You're problem is most propably too few RAM, and thus you should disable anything that consumes RAM (read: all applications). Depending on your graphics-accelerator it might be worth to reduce the shared memory-size of the chip to 32mb, if it is 64mb. (LFS only uses some 25mb of GFX-memory.)
If you know you're trade you can also try playing LFS without the explorer in the background. Kill explorer.exe with the taskmanager and run LFS via File -> Run, that safes another 20mb of RAM.
That might help.

Vain
Thank you all for your testing and comments.

T3 is now available. Probably the most importatnt change in it, is that the suspension is stronger, before it starts to bend. Hopefully that means you cannot start bending your BF1 suspension when driving normally.

However, when you exceed the strength, the bending is quicker. Hopefully that means you suffer more when taking a short cut across something too bumpy. Also, significant wall hits should damage your suspension more.

I'll close this thread - better to discuss on the T3 thread.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=7162
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG