The online racing simulator
TEST Patch T3 - OPTIONAL - Small Update 1MB
(75 posts, closed, started )
TEST Patch T3 - OPTIONAL - Small Update 1MB
Hello Racers.

This is just a small update you can get, if you want to, and you already have version S or T. It's fully compatible (online and replays) with S and T and contains just a few fixes. It's the exe only. I'm just trying to get to a fully stable version without bugs, so that's why I'm putting this up for testing.

VERSION S OR T MUST BE INSTALLED BEFORE THIS PATCH!

To Install : Replace your LFS.exe with the LFS.exe from this zip.

Changes in Test Patch T3

FIX : Croatian should be selected by default on Croatian computer.
Throttle blip on downshift is now allowed again with manual clutch.
Suspension is stronger before it bends, but then bends more quickly.
Race penalties are now sent as stats to LFS World (awaiting update).

Changes in Test Patch T2

FIX : LFS could crash sometimes, when leaving a multiplayer game.
FIX : Downloading Skin message was partially off screen.
FIX : Colour alternation on list of games screen.
Some very small optimisations in graphics code.

PATCH Download (1MB) :

http://www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_T3_EXE.zip

EDIT : The DEDICATED HOST Download :

Dedicated host hasn't really changed much, except that it now reports time penalties and disqualifications to LFS World, and also number of laps will be correct when you finish a race with more than 255 laps. So if you are racing on a T3 or later host, you can see a more complete and correct race history on LFS World.

EDIT2 : LFSW Online Race Results now shows number of laps, pit stops, and the type of penalty awarded, if any.

EDIT3 : Handling of the bans.ban file has been changed - T4 (see posts 27 and 30 of this thread)

www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_T4.zip
ah, i like this part of the development
Thanks Scawen, keep up the excellent work. I'm loving the constant improvements, although I know they can't go on indefintely.

Edit: Regarding the logging of penalties, what is this going to entail? Will every drive-through penalty be recorded, or only when a race is in progress (i.e. we're free to muck about in the pitlane after/between races?). I'm sure we'll get more details soon, but I thought I'd ask.
How exactly did you manage to tweak the suspension strenght without making the patch incompatible? Like if some WR replay has a tiny tiny suspension damage (due to weak suspension) while if we watch it with T3 the suspension was strong enough to withstand this damage. Wouldn't the replay go OOS immediately after that?

Also, don't T3 users have an advantage over users of a earlier version, because their suspension doesn't bend as easy? Seems kinda dodgy
ty
Quote from AndroidXP :How exactly did you manage to tweak the suspension strenght without making the patch incompatible? Like if some WR replay has a tiny tiny suspension damage (due to weak suspension) while if we watch it with T3 the suspension was strong enough to withstand this damage. Wouldn't the replay go OOS immediately after that?

Good point. In fact, T3 can watch S/T/T2 replays but they cannot watch T3 replays.

T3 sets different damage parameters depending on the replay version.
Fantastic, thank you.
#8 - XRRoy
Quote from felplacerad :ah, i like this part of the development

exactly the same here. Testing tonight
#9 - -wes-
found a joos connection bug when joining the server in the pic. (for the bf1 car)

error: joos -car whl eng r1 r2 r3 r4
initial sync failed

Its a S version server but I can join other S and T servers running the bf1 without a problem.

The only difference is that they have autocross objects loaded for the oval.
I connect and then 10 seconds later I get droped with the error.

I was one of the people that had crash problems with S (fixed in T).

If you want me to try somthing I'll be hanging around for a bit.

found a T server with the same track+autocross object layout, connected fine. Might be limited to the t3 patch and version S servers.
nice one. Looks like another server update to do!!!

As tristian sais though.. any chance on elaberating on what data is actually logged?
Quote from Scawen :Good point. In fact, T3 can watch S/T/T2 replays but they cannot watch T3 replays.

Ahh thanks. I guess such a small thing is ok to be handled as a special case.
Quote from Scawen :Good point. In fact, T3 can watch S/T/T2 replays but they cannot watch T3 replays.

wont it go oos then if a driver does a move that damages the suspension on a t2 client but not on a t3 one ?
downloading now
Quote from Shotglass :wont it go oos then if a driver does a move that damages the suspension on a t2 client but not on a t3 one ?

That crossed my mind as well. How do they work online? (hopefully well)
#15 - Vain
Quote from Shotglass :wont it go oos then if a driver does a move that damages the suspension on a t2 client but not on a t3 one ?

T3 can default back to S/T/T2-damage-behaviour when it finds that the replay was created with one of thse versions. And S/T/T2 will deny to play a T3 replay.

As far as I know the damage isn't included in the damage prediction online. That means when a T2 and a T3 player both crash identically the T2 player will have suffered damage, but the T3 player not. The T2 player will be slower and jitter just as much as damaged cars do now in LFS.

Vain
I bet if you join a <T2 server your LFS will run in <T2 damage mode. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair. But it's only really an issue until T3 becomes an official patch and everyone upgrades.
You are really on it Scawen, great job.
so in other word t3 is fully backwards compatible but s/t/t2 arent upwards compatible to t3 servers ?
What about the option that we could determine which tyres we want to change and whether we want the car to be repaired or not? Is it possible to do in a small compatible patch like this? (It would be good )
Quote from tristancliffe :I bet if you join a <T2 server your LFS will run in <T2 damage mode. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair. But it's only really an issue until T3 becomes an official patch and everyone upgrades.

Basically it all comes to the fact that T3 is the superior version of the program used and therefore any user using T2 (or pre-T2) versions is delibaretely putting himself in worse position. There is no reason to use any other than the latest version anyway

OR are there any bugs in the latest T3 that you should use the T2 or older version?

Imho the benefit is the same as always when using 1.0 or 1.1 version of some program

Quote from csimpok :What about the option that we could determine which tyres we want to change and whether we want the car to be repaired or not? Is it possible to do in a small compatible patch like this? (It would be good )

And make the name of the setup in use appear in the F12 view?
#21 - axus
Thanks for the update! Glad to see you managed to find a way to work around the suspension issue.

I'm just wondering here... is it not possible to encode a part of the physics engine into the replays - more specifically, the equations. This way you could test updated physics with the whole community more easily, atleast while in alpha stage. Or is it too much data to save? It could also work with the host sending the updated physics equations when you enter a server if you have an older version, storing the equations in a physics file so that you can still access versions of physics you already have. I might be getting a bit dreamy here but could the hotlapping mode work with the current official physics, and the online/single player physics be based on the host version? The official physics could only be updated when there is major improvement. I imagine all hell would break loose when there are 30 physics versions online, but that could be controlled in that there would only be a host update a few weeks before an official physics patch to see the community's opinion on progress.
Quote from Scawen :
EDIT : The DEDICATED HOST Download :

Dedicated host hasn't really changed much, except that it now reports time penalties and disqualifications to LFS World, and also number of laps will be correct when you finish a race with more than 255 laps. So if you are racing on a T3 or later host, you can see a more complete and correct race history on LFS World. LFS World needs a small update to the race history window and that will appear in around 1-2 hours.

www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_T3.zip

Thanks Dev's!
I've got a new crash address for ya with T3 Scawen. I must be a jinx
Attached images
error3.gif
Great stuff, thanks for re-enabling the blip on downshift option.

The way it behaves (and always has) is a bit strange though - it blips the throttle when I upshift as well, I think maybe because it does it when coming out of a gear all the time, if it did it when coming into the gear and if the selected gear was lower than the previous gear it blipped that might be better? Either way, good work on all the recent patches
Quote from tristancliffe :I bet if you join a <T2 server your LFS will run in <T2 damage mode. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair. But it's only really an issue until T3 becomes an official patch and everyone upgrades.

No, you have your own damage mode. Damage happens on local computer anyway and is transferred to the others in a packet. So this doesn't make any difference.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG