The online racing simulator

Poll : Like the suggestion?

No!
Yes!
Couldn't understand it!
Tiny improvements and MAYBE easy to include
How about when you press the light button on the car the lights to be switched on and off but not like now when you release the button to go out. And also if you tap the horn key twice to turn the honk on and next time u press it to keep on honking until u release it again. Don't know if you will like this so tell me if you do lol.
Sorry if this seems confusing but I can't find any better way to explain. Maybe cause I'm sleepy
dont think g is a light button.
Its a flash button.
Id only love it to be fully activated till good light simulation comes out.

Dont get the second one though.
Yeah, it's a "flash" button rather than an actual headlight button. You can make your lights be on all the time by using Logitech Profiler or Joy2Key or something to just hold the button down until you press it again, but I'd suggest against it as there's nothing more annoying than being following in a race by some guy with his lights on - They just put you off.

As for the horn, I'm guessing it's because you don't want to hold down the horn when you're chasing someone on a cruise, and again you can just use the same methord as I've mentioned above, but this time map the "horn" button instead of the lights.
No, just some "cruising" options which would actually be annoying while racing.

Who needs constantly flashing lights and who in the hell needs/wants to have his horn constantly beeping during a race?
Yeah one of the ideas was for cruising.. I'm sorry I realize that those suggestions are stupid right now but I couldn't think at that time lol
But I'd really like the 1st one if there is night available and lights are improved.
I'm all for the lights. We'll need that once dynamic time-of-day gets added (we're gonna get it eventually, right?). But the horn one is a stupid idea. People would use it to grief and there's no real reason to need the horn for more than a quick beep anyway.
#7 - amp88
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yeah, it's a "flash" button rather than an actual headlight button. You can make your lights be on all the time by using Logitech Profiler or Joy2Key or something to just hold the button down until you press it again, but I'd suggest against it as there's nothing more annoying than being following in a race by some guy with his lights on - They just put you off.

That's the point. Either having your headlights on all the time or flashing them at the car infront gets their attention. Useful if you're lapping someone and you want them more aware or where you are or if you're battling someone and trying to make them make a mistake.

+1 For having a button to toggle the headlights.
-1 For having a button to toggle the horn.

I like it the way it is atm.

Flashing the lights can be used, or usefull in some situations, but I canot think of a usable situation for having lights on all the time with the current state of LFS.

When night driving or rain/dark weather comes, then I'll agree with a light button switch or something, but before that happens flashing is fair enough.
Quote from amp88 :That's the point. Either having your headlights on all the time or flashing them at the car infront gets their attention. Useful if you're lapping someone and you want them more aware or where you are or if you're battling someone and trying to make them make a mistake.

+1 For having a button to toggle the headlights.
-1 For having a button to toggle the horn.

So you're all in favour of purposefully distracting drivers? Don't think that's a very sportsmanlike way of looking at things.
Quote from s14 drift :so you're all in favour of purposefully distracting drivers? Don't think that's a very sportsmanlike way of looking at things.

+1
Quote from S14 DRIFT :So you're all in favour of purposefully distracting drivers? Don't think that's a very sportsmanlike way of looking at things.

It happens in real life racing series so why shouldn't it happen in LFS? Distracting the opposition (e.g. by weaving about in their mirrors and using headlights) is a common part of all motorsports. If you're trying to get past someone intimidation is a useful tool.
It's fine as it is. If you really want to use them like that on a cruise-server, there are tools for that. But for normal racing it's fine.

I use the flash sometimes, it works. :P Always nice to say hello to your teammates when you're live on the videostream.
Quote from amp88 :It happens in real life racing series so why shouldn't it happen in LFS? Distracting the opposition (e.g. by weaving about in their mirrors and using headlights) is a common part of all motorsports. If you're trying to get past someone intimidation is a useful tool.

What real life racing leagues are you talking about?

I've never noticed it in BTTC, 911 Cup, any form of bike racing, or any form of GT racing UNLESS it's raining, or in the case of the 24 hour race, it's dark.. maybe I've missed it?

But anyway, distracting the opposition, as you put it, seems to me like a cheap way to gain a position. I'm still against it and would seriously reconsider LFS as a serious racing simulation if it were to be implemented.
Quote from amp88 :It happens in real life racing series so why shouldn't it happen in LFS? Distracting the opposition (e.g. by weaving about in their mirrors and using headlights) is a common part of all motorsports. If you're trying to get past someone intimidation is a useful tool.

NO. It actually is forbidden to intimidate your opponents with lights and horn... Where you see it is in endurance racing (and even there it's only condoned, not allowed), when faster cars are LAPPING slower ones...
V8 Supercars and proper (i.e. old school) BTCC are 2 off the top of my head. Watch F1 or any top level motorsport and you'll see drivers/riders trying to distract people they're battling against.
No offense or anything, but do you think that just because some people do it, it's automatically right? How can F1 drivers "distract" people anyway, not like they shine a bright torch into their oponents mirrors or sit behind them honking their horn.

Most racing sports today are pretty sportsmanlike, most of the things you're talking about tended to happen back in the 90's when nobody really gave a poopie.
#17 - mreq
In my opinion, add favorite list of servers will not be difficult - very useful!
Auto engine kill???
Just something quick to boost the overall realism.
Take out the feature that turns your car off after
a while at idle.
I know that some appreciat this feature but c'mon
that's what the " I " button is for right???

If real cars don't do it then, LFS cars shouldn't either.

Just a thought
Quote from broken :How about when you press the light button on the car the lights to be switched on and off but not like now when you release the button to go out. And also if you tap the horn key twice to turn the honk on and next time u press it to keep on honking until u release it again. Don't know if you will like this so tell me if you do lol.
Sorry if this seems confusing but I can't find any better way to explain. Maybe cause I'm sleepy

Use LFS_strobe by Tommy.
Does exactly what you want, requires dot Net 2.0 or higher to work.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1025195#post1025195
If you need more help using it, search LFS_strobe in these forums.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG