The online racing simulator
Strobe lights??
(50 posts, started )
Strobe lights??
Is any way to make my lights strobe like the d1 drivers cars... and can i get my real lights to pop up?
does it have to b in dds or where
just put in the "root" folder

and save the strobe.txt in the same folder

open the .exe and LOAD the strobe.txt

LFS must running

i try it, and work perfect with XFG
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
#5 - Tommy
I didnt have time to write any proper manual for my program but as far as I have read about problems with it, here are some hints:

- Program needs .Net Framework 2.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... 62-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5) it wont run without it.

- There is no need to "install" it, just run it from any location you like.

Its just a key pressing emulator keys will be pressed in given order for given time (in ms), additionally every pressed key is followed by "backspace" so you can write messages.

Numlock state defines whether program is running or not.

as far as Lfs is sending horn/lights/hazards state every 500ms (about) its almost useless while playing online.

I will try to help if there are some unsolved problems left
I have noticed one thing with the strobe lights and that is when you watch a replay the lights dont actually work......they will show sometimes but not in the pattern that has been created.

I would assume this has something to do with the multiplayer replay not recording every frame and therefor missing the lights when they flash quickly.
i need help
ive got a laptop
so i cant use scroll lock
or num lock
how can i make it so it uses a dif key to
start it?
Fanx in advance
Jagster93
Quote from Jagster93 :i need help
ive got a laptop
or num lock
start it?
Fanx in advance
Jagster93

Then use capslock?
#9 - PIV
Quote from Tommy :I didnt have time to write any proper manual for my program but as far as I have read about problems with it, here are some hints:

- Program needs .Net Framework 2.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... 62-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5) it wont run without it.

- There is no need to "install" it, just run it from any location you like.

Its just a key pressing emulator keys will be pressed in given order for given time (in ms), additionally every pressed key is followed by "backspace" so you can write messages.

Numlock state defines whether program is running or not.

as far as Lfs is sending horn/lights/hazards state every 500ms (about) its almost useless while playing online.

I will try to help if there are some unsolved problems left

You said it's almost useless while playing online...Can you specify your answer ? Is it because the speed of conection ?
Although, it plays online, doesn't it ?

Thanks

PS: If something's wrong with my english, I'm sorry
Yes, it does work online! But kinda slows you down! Double edged sword
Also noticed that with patch Y18 and strobe app from tom , that your gears get changed from Auto sequential shifter, wierd and annoying but none the less neat little app :P
Quote from sickpuppy :Also noticed that with patch Y18 and strobe app from tom , that your gears get changed from Auto sequential shifter, wierd and annoying but none the less neat little app :P

Actually, that happens when you press shift-key. Remember that shift+g changes the gear settings, and because g is for headlights, guess what you get... Thats right: You get shift+g.
Well that would explain it hehe guess i'll turn it off when i pit, thanks Gekkibi
I re-assigned the lights key (was "G") to "Y" instead in LFS. Shift+Y does nothing so it never effects anything.
*sigh*

I have Net 2.0, and yes, LFS was running in the background. I use Vista Home Premium on a Toshiba laptop (more details are available upon request, I can PM you)

This is frustrating now, nothing I have done can help. This is beggining to seem a little bit silly over such a small peice of kaboodle.
I got the exact error message when I didn't had .NET 2.0 installed (Also using vista).
I have installed strobe lights kit, and it's working perfectly on my XRG, but they look a bit weaker then i thought, maybe it's because those LED indicaors i put...
Quote from Jagster93 :i need help
ive got a laptop
or num lock
start it?
Fanx in advance
Jagster93

Capslock or download a software call 'key combination'(or what? I've 4gotten)
You can use 2 keys to make a new key.

Like: A+B=AB etc.
Custom key for Horn?
Hey guys, I'm using a custom key for horn, not the default 'B' but 'Z' instead - more comfortable when driving with mouse, and using S&X to shift gears.

It doesn't seem to be possible to configure this anywhere within the app? Does anyone have the source code? Or is there any way? For now I switched horn back to default 'B' but it would still be nice if I could use it with 'Z' for horn.
Quote from JasonJ :Lateset version of LFSstrobes you can configure keys for each function horn/lights.

Thanks!
Got a problem with this, works but now and then it will turn my horn on, even when i exit and untick horn it will come back on after a few mins?
Happens to me also - but quite the opposite - siren sometimes go off.

"UseHorn" switch seems to be the problem. As requested by someone, it turns off/on the horn when selected function key is pressed (shift,ctrl,alt). For unknown reason lfsstrobe sometimes does detect it as pressed... It may be caused by keyboard (I have heard that some special keys are a combination of ctrl+alt+smth :schwitz.
I am going to update lfsstrobe with a function to disable "UseHorn" switch.

btw. I have heard some ppl had problems with download link - I think its because of the filename with version attached to it (*1.2.exe for example) so old direct links to the app are not valid. Download is placed on my uni account which should be reliable

Main dir is indexed so you can always find latest version here: http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~tsulkows/lfs_strobe/

If the link really doesnt work just send me a pm - I didnt get any concerning dead link so far

Strobe lights??
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG