The online racing simulator
Stock Car 250 Practice Session 1
The first official practice session for the Stock Car 250 will run on the 31st of March 2013 @ 13:00 GMT. Only those who are registered for the Realistic NASCAR Cup Series will be permitted to participate in this session. The session will include the following:

Qualifying - Single Car Runs (1 out-lap, 2 hotlaps, 1 cool-down lap)
Race - 54 Laps + 2 Pace Laps (100 miles)
Pit Stop - 1 four tire change pit stop will be required for all competitors in this event. This pit stop must occur under green flag conditions. (See note at the bottom of this post)

Teamspeak IS required. You MUST be in a channel under "Competitors Room (General Race Chat)".

Server info
Server: [RN] Cup Series
Password: SpringBreak
Teamspeak: ts.ident-racing.net

To qualify for the Stock Car 250 you MUST have a Realistic NASCAR Slicks License. Please make sure that you have read and understood the Rules & Regulations.

Slick License Acquisition Requirements
-Ability to obey race control
-Ability to race predictably on R2 or R3 slick racing tires (tyres) at KY1
-Ability to utilize the draft safely
-Ability to maintain control of the FZ50 GTR at race speeds
-Ability to start/restart properly
-Completion of both qualifying and race session.
-Submission of a valid Realistic NASCAR Cup Series registration.

Note: A new pit-road entry which will allow competitors to remain at speed through most of turn number three will be tried during this event. It may or may not remain in effect for future sessions.
TS required for this race ?
Teamspeak IS required. You MUST be in a channel under "Competitors Room (General Race Chat)".
Sorry for dropping out of this session after 1 lap - was jealous not to be part of the race.

1) Took an afternoon nap and missed qualification.

2) Something I found more than once: Just before gridding, LFS gave me a competitor's car (had been given a pace car also previously) - this happened when admin did a 'END RACE'. Whether other car or not, I got someone else's skin on mine. So, a bit sleepy I jumped to garage and 'switched to my set'. Car and skin appeared to be fine. On pace lap I realised I was on R2's - no issue, just had to change it to R3's during pit stop. At pit entrance I realised I was on the 'race' set. No sense in continuing.

Congrats on a great practise session. The two car drafting was great!

Some comments:

1) When you get caught, just keep your line. Let the drivers catching you treat you as a car to be drafted and passed. If on a turn, just move away as during a draft.

2) Three car drafting - the FM Youtube video is a nice tutorial. The 3 car draft that took place never really got into a rythm - a bit of haphazard passing took place during the draft.

3) The longer the draft, the faster your lap times, even if you need to lift before passing.

4) Do short lifts, the FZR hates coasting - due to engine braking the rear gets unstable.

5) Select how wide a gap you need to give when being drafted and passed based on when you want to pass again - time needed to catch the driver you want to draft.

Regards
Apology
I would like to apologize for my hack used in qualifing seassion in this practice.I've already sent how to reproduce it to developers. I was testing my KERS mod before the session and forgot to reset my LFS. I hope we can forget it. I also promise that it will never happen again.
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Cornys : This thread should have been closed already.
-
(kochomoch) DELETED by Cornys : This thread should have been closed already.
-
(Denny12) DELETED by Cornys : This thread should have been closed already.
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Cornys : This thread should have been closed already.

Stock Car 250 Practice Session 1
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG