The online racing simulator
Cargame.nl s2 block all latin america
As tittle say, now cargame is blocking all latin america for the "High" ping wich is 250-350ms

If where anothers racing servers as cargame.nl s2 it whould be no problem but sinse is the only racing-multiclas-server-s2 is too much to block all latin america for the ping

It should be another work around to this problem, but from my pont of view i think what they are doing is kinda out of place....

idk, any comment, ideas, discusion are welcome.
Got a link that says so?

I can't imagine people with such high pings are desirable though in a race server... It's not personal, is it?
#3 - OTone
Dude/Girl,

Racist? That is the most idiotic opinion I've ever seen here, and i've seen very stupid ones. You never stop surprising us don't you? lol

First of all, cargame.nl is a LFS server therefore the admin do whatever he wants. If he wants to block all countries except Netherlands he can.
And to be honest? I tend to agree with blocking "high-ping countries", situated far from the server. Why?
Playing with people with high ping is very dangerous and ruins races pretty often. Simple as that.

Still, I think S1 server is still opened to all countries.

You are just mad and went here waiting for people to join your pointless cause.

As this (again):
http://www.cargame.nl/forum/mu ... y-on-s2-server-t6147.html
Quote from OTone :Dude/Girl,

Racist? That is the most idiotic opinion I've ever seen here, and i've seen very stupid ones. You never stop surprise us don't you? lol

First of all, cargame.nl is a LFS server, therefore the admin do whatever he wants. If he wants to block all countries except Netherlands he can.
And to be honest? I tend to agree with blocking "high-ping countries", situated far from the server. Why?
Playing with people with high ping is very dangerous and ruins races pretty often.

Useless post.

As this (again):
http://www.cargame.nl/forum/mu ... y-on-s2-server-t6147.html

Talks the one who is inside and not outside... great

Quote from Bose321 :Got a link that says so?

I can't imagine people with such high pings are desirable though in a race server... It's not personal, is it?

Quote from cargame.nl from cg forums :

Yeah that was me, testing functionality to block racers countrywide from Argentina / Brasil / Chile / China / Australia and some other countries which are just too dangerous to have on the S2 server during peak hours.

I'm a bit done with lag crashes.

#5 - troy
I do agree on the "this is his server and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it" but still it is a problematic decision in a time where there isn't 6 other full servers to choose from in the masterlist. If you get banned/blocked/whatever from cargame servers you're pretty much screwed when it comes to public racing, that isn't cargames fault of course but the situation should be taken into consideration when applying such drastic measures.

edit: Just to add some more on the ping statement, yes pings can be high from people further away but that doesn't mean that you'll get more crashes because of them, it could probably even be the other way around if you see somebody with a ping of 150ms you naturally drive a little more careful around him, at least I would like to think you do. Just check the countless endurance events/leagues with people racing from all over the world, if your connection is stable and you got no package loss it is easily possible to race close with a ping exceeding 200ms.
Geez, this has nothing to do with the continent you're from but with the quality of the connection. I guess the only thing Dave could do is open another server with lower demands on the connection quality. Or maybe if you guys chipped in on a server located in South America and let Dave manage it for you...
#7 - OTone
Quote from Inouva :Talks the one who is inside and not outside... great

So is that your argument?

Don't blame me because you live outside europe or because you have a crappy connection.
#8 - OTone
Quote from troy :I do agree on the "this is his server and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it" but still it is a problematic decision in a time where there isn't 6 other full servers to choose from in the masterlist. If you get banned/blocked/whatever from cargame servers you're pretty much screwed when it comes to public racing, that isn't cargames fault of course but the situation should be taken into consideration when applying such drastic measures.

I don't want to go further into this discussion as I'm not the boss. Dave probably will come here and give his point.
Quote from OTone :So that is your argument?

Don't blame me because you live outside europe or because you have a crappy connection.

I dont have a crappy isp, i have the best isp of my country wich reduced my ping from 350 to 240.

But of course, you are playing and having fun there when i cant..

i'm aware that the s1 server still allow me to join (For how long?? ) but is not the same to race with 6 cars and 3 tracks against what the s2 server it gives

Also this
Quote from troy :
edit: Just to add some more on the ping statement, yes pings can be high from people further away but that doesn't mean that you'll get more crashes because of them, it could probably even be the other way around if you see somebody with a ping of 150ms you naturally drive a little more careful around him, at least I would like to think you do. Just check the countless endurance events/leagues with people racing from all over the world, if your connection is stable and you got no package loss it is easily possible to race close with a ping exceeding 200ms.

It's hardly racist.

People of all colours/nationalities/religions are affected equally, the deciding factor is the quality of their connection.

It does seem a little OTT though if the restriction is on 24/7 rather than only at peak times as the quoted post seems to indicate. Also, 250ms is not too bad really...if any Europeans are (un)lucky enough to end up on an AUS iRacing server, pings are 400ms+.
Imo, this is silly. Im in America and a low ping to a European server for me is 150.

Why not block the Chinese, Finns, and Martians as well then?
Quote from Bean0 :It's hardly racist.

People of all colours/nationalities/religions are affected equally, the deciding factor is the quality of their connection.

It does seem a little OTT though if the restriction is on 24/7 rather than only at peak times as the quoted post seems to indicate. Also, 250ms is not too bad really...if any Europeans are (un)lucky enough to end up on an AUS iRacing server, pings are 400ms+.

Yes, was at "peak times" the server, today at mornig i tryed to conect and i couldn't, i dont know now if is permanent or what, dave should speak.

I'be played lfs for nearly 8 years and 1-2 years straight in cargame and now have to face this situation where i cant joint is really hard....

If whould be another alternative with more that 1 multiclass s2 server it whould be no problem, just pick another server and race, but no, there is no another option

If the blockade is gona be permanent i think i whould cruise again or just quit from lfs...
Quote from Bmxtwins :Imo, this is silly. Im in America and a low ping to a European server for me is 150.

lol
1st - Finns have fairly good connection.
2nd - If we had people in Mars, as the race is finishing they haven't even started it yet.
Quote from Inouva :I dont have a crappy isp, i have the best isp of my country wich reduced my ping from 350 to 240.

It may be the best in your country, but it's still shit.

Quote from Bmxtwins :Imo, this is silly. Im in America and a low ping to a European server for me is 150.

According to the post from Dave, Chinese are blocked as well.

From what I can recall Finland is not far away from the server and their pings are very low.
Quote from Inouva :If the blockade is gona be permanent i think i whould cruise again or just quit from lfs...

Now what?
Quote from Inouva :If the blockade is gona be permanent i think i whould cruise again or just quit from lfs...

That's sad, but what can we do?
Quote from Bose321 :It may be the best in your country, but it's still shit.

If your connection is so good, what is your ping to South America ?

Edit: Here's mine from a crappy UK ADSL connection...

West California:

Buenos Aires:
Quote from Bose321 :It may be the best in your country, but it's still shit.

give me a ping from your country to mine and let's see if is shit

Quote from OTone :That's sad, but what can we do?

Dont block LA....

@
My results
france

Usa

if funny, i have better results from here to there that most of you from there to here...
"Unable to test packet loss"

Try the Argentina one, why Washington?
Quote from OTone :"Unable to test packet loss"

Try the Argentina one, why Washington?

I dont have java on this ver of ff.

To my own country
Here's mine:

Maybe Dave should block all mobile connections from Europe too?
LOL my ping to Argentina

Cargame.nl s2 block all latin america
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG