The online racing simulator
Feature suggestions - stats.lfs.net
Have an idea for a new feature or an improvement to an existing feature? Post it here!

Be as clear as possible in your post. Try to write full sentences and explain what you mean. If you can try to visualize your idea with a picture.

If certain features need wide discussion, then it should take place in a new thread. I realise this doesn't always happen naturally, so if your post has gone missing, it's probably moved to a new or another thread.
Link
I don't can write in a detail.
Domain on the lfsworld - community.lfs.net
This may fit here aswell as on the Main Site list:

Better implementation of the direct join feature, make it available everytime a server name is used (if thats possible).

Combine server status and LFS-Remote. Say if a server has people driving on it, the map appears. Maybe a simplified, non texture version only. This again shows activity.
Maybe I should have posted this in the league section, but I think it would end up in stats anyway…
There is one domain where LFS is still on top compared to other simulators, and that is endurance racing with the ability to switch drivers, but disconnections (time out) is not well managed, for that we use third party trackers (which also add some stats like the laps and time driven per drivers…), but they are often difficult to use for inexperienced users. So I was wondering if adding this feature would be possible/useful, maybe integrated as an option to the remote settings and displayed there…something easy to use where organizers would have to input the team number, team name and drivers…and of course we would also need to input the penalty given for time out (added time or added laps).

Of course this would not fix the problem of on track blue flag situations when you disconnect and reconnect (that’s when the tracker is useful, but you still need a team mate to check it and report to the driver), ideally this tracking feature ''should'' be integrated to LFS server…but that’s for a different topic I think!

Example, NDR tracker: http://tracker.newdimensionracing.com/
Dev topic: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73414
Skins upload
Quote from Whiskey :It would be really cool if we can upload a zip file (or at least multiple files at a time), containing several skins.

This would be useful for leagues members or skin makers.
For league members: each driver would download the zip (from his league website) containing the skins of his team with his own number, and then upload it in 1 click to LFSW, instead of uploading 20 different files.

Quote from Whiskey :Hijacking my own thread

Another request for Victor:

.../uploadskin.php?user=S2_license&password=your_pass&path=file_path

- password may not be LFSWorld pass for security reasons I guess. I'm thinking about IDK or maybe a specific password for this use.

- path will allow jpg and zip files, to be loaded from another website

This way we could make a 100% automated system to upload a skin pack at 1024 pixels, while the player could choose another resolution, so when he use that skin it is already at LFSW.

If there is an specific password, we could store our users PW and upload his skins to his own LFSW skins slots, instead of the league ones

As Victor already posted on that thread back when I posted it I hope it won't be hard to get this aproved
A better system than passing details every time is to have an "app" (league, native app) that can request a token for a user. They then use this token instead of a password to authorize. Benefit is the user can revoke access and the other site never gets their password (because they login to the LFS site).

Basically like oauth.
Better optimum and hi-res skins download/upload
This feature, or rather an improvement, has already been requested a couple of times in the improvement suggestions subforum.

As the title says, I find the dimensions of 512 / 1024 pixels a bit too low. The technology has went forward and nowadays, it’s common to use skins in 2048 (and higher). Therefore, it would be great to "upgrade" all the restrictions of skin dimensions.

Download
Optimum (free) - 1024×1024
Hi-res (paid) - 2048×2048

Upload - 2048×2048

However, since the file sizes would be cca 4 times bigger, it also depends on whether there are any restrictions on the hosting side, for example monthly bandwidth transfer restriction and/or disk space.

Edit, I think we have a reply

Quote from Scawen :We don't really want to increase the size of the skins provided by the free download service because we do have to pay for bandwidth and larger skins would use more bandwidth. They would also make it slower for users to connect to hosts.

I think that we do provide the high resolution skins download service at a good price, 6000 skins for £3. People who use that service are covering the cost of the download and making a contribution to the purchase and maintenance of servers.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :A better system than passing details every time is to have an "app" (league, native app) that can request a token for a user. They then use this token instead of a password to authorize. Benefit is the user can revoke access and the other site never gets their password (because they login to the LFS site).

Basically like oauth.

Of course, I already said that it shouldn't be the LFS password. It would be cool if people could revoke acced (like you do in Twitter, Facebook...) to any league they granted acces in the past.

Probably the skins should have a flag of who uploaded it, so if a league uploads a new version (with diferent name) could delete the old one without user interaction (although this could cause some mess).
I would like to suggest a feature that's partially already available,just one thing missing. We already have the world records chart,were everyone can see,who has the most WRs. We also can select a single country in hotlaps charts,to see,who actually has the national record in that combo,what is missing is a chart,where is shown,who has the most national records. And then the most national records holder could get some icon beside his/her name with countrys flag in golden frame or something like that.

Could be a small motivation for some to spam the website with new hotlap uploads.
A suggestion I would really like to see is a combination with LFS itself.

First of all:

- LFS must be able to export telemetry for own car during online gaming (and store it afterwards, not in the mpr file, but one that is linked, so nobody can stole your date if you share that replay).

Then:

- We could have a web-app in stats.lfs.net (and external user-made apps) where we can see all the information available. You know, cool charts in SVG format and such things
Add the fast chat (mini) with a sound's notice (new message).

Review my plan.
ALL LIST

ONLINE LIST

WINDOW'S WRITE
Attached images
chat - all list.jpg
chat - online list.jpg
chat_write.jpg
Isn't that what the chatbox on LFSW is for?
I noticed that website name changed from LFS Desktop to Live for Speed Statistics
Well, about this I have complain
When you have several tabs opened, then browsers most likely don't show full name - attachment - lfsforum.net and lfsworld.net look the same
Is it possible to make some other change to make it easier notice which one is forum and which one LFSW ? (maybe icon)
Attached images
Capture.PNG
They need to be cut, for example
Live for Speed Forums - LFSF
Live for Speed Statistics - LFSW
Did anyone notice new Encounters tab in Racers & Hosts online ?
Nice feature Victor

About Quick Racer Search , whenever I press any character there my LFSW totally frezze, because its trying to display all usernames starting with that character...

As I see you moved ability to search for all registred usernames by following link :
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=r ... &car=&experience=
can we get some info about total number of registred usernames on LFSW Home window.

Also I noticed there are usernames containing only one character, but its impossiblle to search for them since LFS Racers Search requires at least 2 characters.

BTW can you please check my mail about LFS Benchmark (its not on lfstech)
-
(Frunze118) DELETED by Frunze118

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG