The online racing simulator
Most LFS servers do not response
(17 posts, started )
Hello,

A couple of days ago we bought a 200mb/s connection which seems to work well but when I search for the servers most servers wont response. If I join specific server, I can get to any LFS server that is online so this problem is only in the "Display list of hosts" list.
probably firewall related
Or horrible ping (ping is usually unrelated to connection speed except for some specific cases)
ping is very low always and firewall isn't blocking anything
I have the same problem.
Even after changing Provider and Router it didn't change anything. Server list stays empty, but I can connect directly to any server.

Any solution?
Secretly still some kind of firewall.

Wont respond and empty list are two different things btw. Empty list can also occur when bad filters are being set.
@HuskyGoalie: please take a screenshot of the host-list screen (so that we can see all the filter settings / number of hosts not-replied) and attach it here.
From my six years experience with Live for Speed, I think that no filter is active. Windows Firewall is deactivated as well.

The weird thing is that I can join every server via "Join specific host" without any problem. But it's always a pain in the ass to check out Servernames before joining them.
Attached images
lfs.jpg
Its odd that you can connect to any server yet not see them in the list

Try downloading and installing a fresh version of lfs to see if it is a problem/bug with your LFS.
Reinstalling LFS didn't help. I'm kinda helpless right now.
Is it possible to use another router for a change? Maybe quickly swap one with a friend just to see if the router is the fault?

Was the router changed recently - or was this the same one that you've used for the last few years?
You can use the LFSWorld browser as a workaround...

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=h ... &carsex=0&sort=ar

Could it be that your ISP (or maybe router DDoS protection) is blocking UDP traffic on certain ports, or maybe if too many packets are sent/received in a short space of time ?
I think is has something to do with my computer...

Router and ISP were switched recently (as I have switched to cable). But that above-mentioned problem has appeared after I have reinstalled my computer completely. The weird thing though... everything was new: New Windows 7 x64 Pro, new Live for Speed (the old install I have saved on an external drive doesn't work either). It has to be some odd setting, but I'm not sure...
The issue is probably on .exe file as it can't send back the data packet info of online servers as scattered

Or... clean your computer
My situation seems to be a little bit different compared to Husky's. Some of the servers response when I'm searching for servers but still over 500 of them wont response. If i join a specific server I can join any LFS server that is online.

Btw, I forgot to mention about that I'm using the 5laps.com's version of LFS. Anyone else in 5laps.com doesn't have this problem.
Attached images
Server list.JPG
Quote from MonkeyHead :My situation seems to be a little bit different compared to Husky's. Some of the servers response when I'm searching for servers but still over 500 of them wont response. If i join a specific server I can join any LFS server that is online.

Btw, I forgot to mention about that I'm using the 5laps.com's version of LFS. Anyone else in 5laps.com doesn't have this problem.

I just searched around if anybody else have this problem.
And the funny part, i just fixed it

I have a ZTE ZXDSL 931VII modem+router. It has an option called "Anti-hack protection". I just enable it, but since it has been enabled, lfs did the same as you described above. So I was just browsing in its interface if i can find something that solves the problem. Disabled it and magically lfs drops all the server (8 not responding, but 450 servers would be always enough, lol )

I hope it helped!
Sounds like packet delay to me "TCP ACK frequency" perhaps?
I know that a value of 2 will result in above error.

Default I think is 1

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG