The online racing simulator
someone edited a skin mine without permission, where I put the complaint?
OK, i found in demo a user that edited my skin and uploaded to LFSW, the user of him is "drift_drag".

here is the evidence:

The Car of "drift_drag"

The 2 cars comparation + file comparation

Files comparation. Look at red lines

-
(SHasGO) DELETED by SHasGO : No help here :/
Oh no, this is an outrage, I really hope the admins/mods do something about this, I cannot believe someone would actually have the audacity to edit your skin and pass it off as their own.

Unbelievable, I feel for you.
Quote from Bawbag :Oh no, this is an outrage, I really hope the admins/mods do something about this, I cannot believe someone would actually have the audacity to edit your skin and pass it off as their own.

thanks, please help me!
and he was using my skin of XRT in s1
#5 - Zay
Oh no!! I cannot believe his has happened to you! Shame on him. I will do anything I can to help!
Oh no! Big error, can what I do?
Quote from SHasGO :where I can put my complaint or report this user?

Nothing you can do against him I'm affraid. Just let him do until he gets bored.
Thanks for offering help, i send a mail to lfs devs, if they don't do anything help me please to contact moderators of lfs
Quote from Bawbag :Oh no, this is an outrage, I really hope the admins/mods do something about this, I cannot believe someone would actually have the audacity to edit your skin and pass it off as their own.

Quote from SHasGO :thanks, please help me!

Fortunatly my skins contain COPYRIGHT protected artwork on it , I have my Aya-chan painted on a couple of my chars. Get a lawyer and sue him youself as this has nothing to do with the devs.
NOW LET'S BAN ALL THOSE WHO USE OTHER'S SKINS WITHOUT PERMISSION!

Meanwhile: Sadface.jpg
'Imitation is the best form of flattery'.
Demo players can't upload skins. Someone else uploaded it.
Sue the guy.
Sue him for bad taste tbh.......
must-resist-asking-if-the-owner-had-purchased-the-decals-for-his-skin..........

you can't take decals from the internet to put on your skin only to complain when someone has gone a step further and just taken your skin...
Technically, there is no protection. But it's your work and should be protected by the copyright laws of some country (your's maybe or England's since LFS is a British product).
Complaining here won't help you. Take advantage of your legal system. Find out the identity of the demo-player and take him to court and ask for the damages to be paid/settled (if you have definitive proof that he did it).

In other words: There is nothing you can do about it, but masturbating usually relieves the anger and tension.
Only one person can sort this mess out

Judge Judy!
Quote from Intrepid :Only one person can sort this mess out

Judge Judy!

When that is said, there is little you can do about this sadly. Best advice would be to PM the user and try getting in talk with him. Maybe he changes the skin / removes it, then the problem is solved
OMG!

This is horrendous!
Quote from dadge :

you can't take decals from the internet to put on your skin only to complain when someone has gone a step further and just taken your skin...

Thank you
Quote from dadge :must-resist-asking-if-the-owner-had-purchased-the-decals-for-his-skin..........

Whole different kettle of fish.

It's all legal-ese, but this seems to indicate that using brand logos on LFS skins may well be above board.

Quote :The following guidelines can help to ensure trademark compliance, but should not be relied on solely for such purposes:

All corporate logos should be presumed to be trademarks.

Avoid using a logo in any way that creates an impression that the purpose of its inclusion is to promote your company.

Corporate logos should not generally be used in contexts which are, taken as a whole, strongly negative toward another company.

If use falls under written permission or through "fair use," reasonable diligence should be taken to ensure that the logo is accurate and has a high-quality appearance.

Specific U.S. law prohibits the reproduction of designated logos of U.S. government agencies without written permission. Certain works, particularly logos of government agencies, while not copyrightable, are still protected by other laws similar in effect to trademark laws, protecting indicators of source or quality. For example, the Central Intelligence Agency logo cannot be used without permission, in order to prevent the appearance of endorsement. 50 U.S.C section 403m(a).

This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG