The online racing simulator
#1 - Mogar
G27 "knock" noise when turning right
Hello guys

I've bought a G27 (by the way, thanks for those who recommended me the stores in Hannover, but I ended by buying it locally), and I found a noise that I would like to know if it is normal or not.

Its a "knock" noise when turning right, making force against the FFB. I don't use too much force either on LFS or profiler (15% on LFS and 105% on profiler). I used it less than 10 hours.

Strangely it only happen when turning right, very much like this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... a9qOg&feature=related

I've already heard reports about it, even on logitech's forum, but I still don't know if there is a deffective batch around, or if it's due to the wheel's project. Besides this noise, this wheel is much more silent than my previous one (Microsoft Sidewinder FF Wheel), and there is no looseness or any kind of gap on the wheel's mechanism.

Thank you in advance.
Ofcorse it's not normal in a way that it is planned to be there, but i think every G27 has it(mine too) but i discovered it after this post. I wouldn't make problem of it axtually, Logitech has a great customers support
Same thing here, only on right side.
I have the same "problem" but that's normal, every G27 has this noise.

I'm sure Logitech will fix it with their next wheel, G29 or however it's going to be called
Quote from Timo1992 : but that's normal, every G27 has this noise.

My g27 doesn`t I own this wheel for about 7 months and no problem so far. I hope it will stay in that condition
Quote from GuRu_PL :My g27 doesn`t I own this wheel for about 7 months and no problem so far. I hope it will stay in that condition

Now I'm jealous hehe Hope my G27 will last at least 3 years, got it in December.
Quote from Timo1992 :

I'm sure Logitech will fix it with their next wheel, G29 or however it's going to be called

You crazy? I just bought a G27, and I still use my G25 here, waiting for enough time to replace!

Even just started using the "real" FFB of my wheel

Oh, and it makes noises nearly every corner lol
The knock sound got fixed in newer wheels! Got my seccond G27 now for a few weeks and it doesn't have the sound anymore The pedals of my previous G27 unfortunatly only lived for a year
Interesting, maybe it's time for an angry call to Logitech then?
Having the same knocking, or rather clunking issue with my G27, in the right direction aswell. Plus it's already starting to make other strange noises.
getting angry to a call centre agent will have the opposite affect you are looking for. be polite, helpful and understanding. those 3 attributes will actually reduce the amount of time you're on hold, will reduce the overall call length, will also have the outcome you're expecting.
try to control the call (the person asking the questions is the person controlling the direction of the conversation). once you stop asking questions, you've lost control of the call.
My g27 has this knock sound too
Sometimes, when I need to avoid a crash or something the FFB makes even more noise which really sounds like it's goin' to be ripped of the table.

Haha but I don't care tbh, if it gets broken I will just send it back to Logitech and get a replacement.
Quote from dadge :getting angry to a call centre agent will have the opposite affect you are looking for. be polite, helpful and understanding. those 3 attributes will actually reduce the amount of time you're on hold, will reduce the overall call length, will also have the outcome you're expecting.
try to control the call (the person asking the questions is the person controlling the direction of the conversation). once you stop asking questions, you've lost control of the call.

Yeah quite true, though I've worked at a callcenter for a couple of months, you'd think I'd know right?
The stories I've heard there though, is that eventually.. if you were to get really angry on the phone if the company wasn't going to give you what you want from them, they'd be more likely to give in and give you what you want eventually.
The call center I worked at had time limits in which you had to handle each call. Having an angry customer (properly angry) can really bring those times up. Long call times = an angry boss = the risk of getting fired. Needless to say I handled these kinda conversations this way aswell for a few times to prevent having to go ''on a little chat'' with someone higher up. (Probably because I knew I was gonna quit in the very near future anyway. never work at a callcenter, be warned).
My point is, I didn't describe it right in the last post.. if you weren't to get what you want when you call a helpdesk, getting angry will most likely enhance the chance you'll get what you want. Starting angry is never a good thing as you said, formulated that wrong.

Last time I called Logitech support to replace my G25, seemed like it was the guy's first day at a helpdesk. Poor guy didn't know what to say, and I was being nice against him.
Got the same problem, really annoying, and it feels like it's the FFB
It's a common problem. Though, my G27 has got more then that, yet it's pretty much a brand new one.

Some peeps haven't encountered this problem, so meh. There are just a few lucky ones out there, lal.
pretty sure its the belt slipping then grabbing again
G25/G27 don't use belts.
oright, just assumed lol

the gears slipping on the spindle then?

or maybe one of the gears has maybe shed a tooth, just guessing mind :P
mines been doing it for a good 8-9 months and hasnt died yet...

it also makes an odd whining sound then theres alot of ffb going on but the wheel is only turned about 10 degrees

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG