G25 electric motor replace
(30 posts, started )
G25 electric motor replace
Gentlemans,

I really would like to know: Is it possible to replace dead G25 electric motors? Is it possible to find analogues? How much could it cost?

(doing anything myself, just don't know about actual motor specifications and dimensions)

Thank you!

RS
rc car motor
Well, I was looking for another answers, but okay...
#4 - G!NhO
Mabuchi 550 motors are in it now, you can replace them with 600 size motors as they are the same size but have more power.

A cheap one will cost you like less than 10 euro or something.

I think many of the 600 size on this page will do. https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AA?wgr=821
This is the answer which I was looking for. Thanks Ginho, thank you! :yipee:

I will let you know how it goes.
#6 - G!NhO
But what i don't know is on what voltage the current motors are running, they might be 12V and most 600 motors are 7,2 to 9,6V. You might have to check that.

edit: i think they are 12V yes, so anything like this should work.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/spe ... ctric_motor_2567_prd1.htm
#8 - G!NhO
But can't you put stronger ones in it? I'd put stronger ones in it.
Hi there.

Has anybody find where to buy the Johnson HC685LG-011?? That is exactly the motor that the G25 uses.

Or somebody knows about an equivalent motor?

I had found the HC685-102 but is not the same motor. This one has more speed, less torque and works with less V.

Please if anybody can help with this. I want to see my G25 working again!
Quote from Kaiser.cl :Hi there.

Has anybody find where to buy the Johnson HC685LG-011?? That is exactly the motor that the G25 uses.

Or somebody knows about an equivalent motor?

I had found the HC685-102 but is not the same motor. This one has more speed, less torque and works with less V.

Please if anybody can help with this. I want to see my G25 working again!

By the end of the week I will have 4 extra G25 motors. Do you need 2 of them? I've never shipped to Chile before but if you can cover shipping charges (USPS estimate appears to be $11 USD for a 1lb package) I'd be happy to send you what you need PM me

I think 1 of the 2 I currently have are dead, and I will let you know the condition of the 2 motors I will be receiving within the end of the week

(if I have 3 working, I'll be happy to send you 1 or 2 depending on situation as well, Pioneer.)

oh BTW, the optical encoder will not work so only the motors will be available.
Quote from MijnWraak :By the end of the week I will have 4 extra G25 motors. Do you need 2 of them? I've never shipped to Chile before but if you can cover shipping charges (USPS estimate appears to be $11 USD for a 1lb package) I'd be happy to send you what you need PM me

I think 1 of the 2 I currently have are dead, and I will let you know the condition of the 2 motors I will be receiving within the end of the week

(if I have 3 working, I'll be happy to send you 1 or 2 depending on situation as well, Pioneer.)

That's awesome!! Thanks a lot!

I was losing my hopes to find one for my G25.
Well, i just need one. It was the left motor that have failed, smells like burned and dosn't work. So, how can i send you the money? and the thanks? xD

PS: Sorry for my poor english.
Quote from MijnWraak :By the end of the week I will have 4 extra G25 motors. Do you need 2 of them? I've never shipped to Chile before but if you can cover shipping charges (USPS estimate appears to be $11 USD for a 1lb package) I'd be happy to send you what you need PM me

Wow, sounds really great. I'll be in touch. Firstly, tomorrow I will get clear about the G25, so I will let you know do I actually need those motors.

Thanks!
I'm really close to getting dead G25 almost for free. There is going to be a need for two electric motor replace which makes Force Feedback effect.

I'm interested in the fact - it would be really nice if somebody could let me (or us) know about his experience with replacing G25 electric motors, of course if here really is such people.

(giving second life is a good for something is a good thing, I think)
Quote from PioneerLv :I'm really close to getting dead G25 almost for free. There is going to be a need for two electric motor replace which makes Force Feedback effect.

I'm interested in the fact - it would be really nice if somebody could let me (or us) know about his experience with replacing G25 electric motors, of course if here really is such people.

(giving second life is a good for something is a good thing, I think)

It's really simple/easy, but tiring and time consuming. Get in a comfortable position and take some breaks. I made the mistake of trying to take on the task when I was coming down with a cold and just felt awful before I could finish.

Keep an empty box nearby for all the little screws that you'll pile up and make mental pictures of the assembly. The worst part is taking apart the piece that actually holds the 2 motors. DEFINITELY have a drill handy with small phillips head attachments and possibly hex for removing the wheel.

FWIW I'm too lazy to reattach the cover at the end and now it's just open to the elements . More airflow I guess
Are you still selling those motors?
Have you ever installed on of these motors before? I can't seem to get my G25 open. Can you help or know of someone who can?
Thanks a million bro!
Quote from kaamakazii :Have you ever installed on of these motors before? I can't seem to get my G25 open. Can you help or know of someone who can?
Thanks a million bro!

First you must remove the two clamps which hold the wheel to your desk , just keep unscrewing them until they drop out .
Then the steering wheel itself by unscrewing the 6 screws on its face " be careful not to pull it away suddenly as there are wires connected inside which must first be disconnected ,you can then lay the wheel to one side .
You then turn the whole thing over and unscrew the 8 ( deep set ) silver screws on the bottom ,you can then seperate the body revealing the workings inside , to put it all back together just reverse the process .
Hope this helps .
Man... I thought the clamps wouldn't come out, I kept unscrewing and unscrewing. lol.
I am in the process of talking to logitech about having it repaired, not under warranty. Is there anyway that they can check to see if it has been opened?
I was hoping that it might be a loose wire, but I'm pretty sure its a dead motor.
Is there anything I need to know about installing a motor?

Side note- I heard you can mess with the shifter to make it more "resistant", how do people do that?

LFS community is the best in the world!
You guys never cease to amaze me. Thank you so much dude!
The replacement was a succes? I have the same problem: I need to replace 1 dead motor or both not sure but the left one was the noisy and smoking guy. It was loud and heavy on rotation since I've bought it 3 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbtbFzv-3H0

It was still working 2 months after I've opened the G25 body and grease the motors axles. Now is dead.
If I cant replace motors does anyone know if / how I can still play if I remove the motors? I mean no FFB.
Quote from Sorin FAUR :The replacement was a succes? I have the same problem: I need to replace 1 dead motor or both not sure but the left one was the noisy and smoking guy. It was loud and heavy on rotation since I've bought it 3 years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbtbFzv-3H0

It was still working 2 months after I've opened the G25 body and grease the motors axles. Now is dead.
If I cant replace motors does anyone know if / how I can still play if I remove the motors? I mean no FFB.

does that noise mean that the other motor is dead? mine is making the same noise...
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :does that noise mean that the other motor is dead? mine is making the same noise...

Quote from Sorin FAUR :

The youtube movie was made after 1.5 years usage hopping that the Logitech will replace the dying wheel that became noisier and heavier to turn with each day that passed.
2 months ago I have greased the engines and 3 days ago the wheel stopped working in smoke and is not detected in games and not moving anymore in Control Panel / Game Controllers.
If I can't find spare engines I would like to be able to play with it even without FFB like my older Thrustmasters Enzo Steering Wheel. That wheel was working in games (without FFB) even unplugged from the AC/DC adapter.
Maybe you used wrong kind of grease. I just greased my gears two days ago, hope it doesnt do shit in there..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG