The online racing simulator
The I-SCAR Mod
(30 posts, closed, started )
The I-SCAR Mod
Mod:
Due to the potential complications of installing a mod. I have devised a way for all competitors to gain access to the mod easily and without risk of overwriting their current LFS.

The car is a stock car FXO but only the chassis resembles the FXO. Everything else is completely new 900 horsepower rear wheel driven stock car.

Basically what I have done is zipped my modded LFS into an archive file and uploaded it to a file sharing site.

Therefore all you need to do is download it and extract it to a new folder and you're done.

NO ANNOYING PATCHING, NO OVERWRITING, NO HASSLE.

The mod can be found here:
http://www.filedropper.com/lfsnascar

Instructions:
  1. Download
  2. Extract to a new folder (DO NOT OVERRWRITE ANYTHING, this is not a patch. It is a fully modded and patched version of LFS)
  3. Go into the folder and run LFS
  4. Unlock it to LFS S2
  5. Change playername from lizardfolk to your own
  6. Exit
  7. Run "NASCAR Experiment"
  8. Run LFS S2
  9. Repeat steps 6 and 7 for each time you want to enter the mod.
And you're done. Simple and easy. If you have any problems or concerns, please feel free to contact me: pariahserpent@hotmail.com

If you have any problems or concerns please post them here
#2 - wild
Whenever I go to maximise the I-SCAR version of LFS it seems to have a massive error and gives a No Signal to my monitor. All my other versions of LFS seems to maximise fine, only this one. Is anyone else experiencing this?
go to the options and configure it for your monitor, just like you do for a normal LFS patch.
#4 - troy
Could you please (please please :razz add a download with the mod files only. I already, and so do a lot of others I guess, got a patch X install ready here and now I need to download 150mb patch again (on a painfully slow server) just for those small files inside I'm missing.
Seems so, I just assumed that the thread would actually have the mod in it...
u can download the mod here....
If you don't wish to download the "pre-modded" patch X, you can just download the regular version of my mod, rather than the custom version I created for this series, and then patch it with this file: http://lfs.thefloatingwidget.n ... SCAR%202009%20-%20FXO.cpk

You'll need to rename the file after download (remove the " - FXO" suffix), backing up the original .cpk file if you wish.
Doesnanyone have set for me to use?
Meh, I've just unlocked my original Z15 LFS today. I have to unlock this one too, but it's only possible on Friday, next week.
BTW just as a quick (and useless :P) note, to those who think that having the FXO as a stock car frame might be overly unrealistic...

IROC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... mSAS0&feature=related

(U can see IROC cars have lights as well )

The FXO is not prefect, but hey, it's the best we've got and it actually doesn't look that bad if you compare it to IROC
#14 - lvlo
Custom car by Airio
Hi there

I don't remember with who I was talking about making custom car at server through Airio for this mod, but it seems to work...

Just define in Airio.tcd.txt file next lines:

CustomCars=NAS|XRT,0,0
DefaultCar=NAS

PM to me if you will have any problems with it
404 Error
Am I the only one?
Working for me
Doesn't work here. X10 unlocked, LFS linked by Lizard. I still see FXO in the cars list, instead of NAS.
Attached images
iamdisappoint.jpg
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Doesn't work here. X10 unlocked, LFS linked by Lizard. I still see FXO in the cars list, instead of NAS.

In that screenshot, you'll see that the application hasn't made a complete connection to your LFS. Some people have said that you need to go to the multiplayer list, then exit LFS, then start it again for it to start working. Try that, then report back here.
Quote from lvlo :Hi there

I don't remember with who I was talking about making custom car at server through Airio for this mod, but it seems to work...

Just define in Airio.tcd.txt file next lines:

CustomCars=NAS|XRT,0,0
DefaultCar=NAS

PM to me if you will have any problems with it

Meant to respond back. Tried this, ran it for a while, and noticed that you had to type !top XRT to find the right times that people were running. Removing that custom car pulled everything back to the !top command, so it doesn't matter what the tcd file is set to.
Quote from burnsy1882 :In that screenshot, you'll see that the application hasn't made a complete connection to your LFS. Some people have said that you need to go to the multiplayer list, then exit LFS, then start it again for it to start working. Try that, then report back here.

Doesn't work.
Ok works. Seems like the problem was that I copied my license data, so that I didn't have to unlock.
when r u guys going online (: lol been waiting a day for someone to come :P
Quote from daltonlfs :when r u guys going online (: lol been waiting a day for someone to come :P

Usually you can jump on it and a few will follow you, otherwise your post would be seen as an advertisement, and they'll announce when they're on for practice.
This thread is closed

The I-SCAR Mod
(30 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG