- LFS Merchandise
  http://www.lfsbr.com/

Go Back   Live for Speed > Main > Technical Assistance

Old 30th October 2007, 06:44   #151  -   
nasoss
S2 licensed

nasoss's online stats
momo

hi..i have bought momo racing ffw and the second light on the wheel doesnt switch on!they told me this feedback....
why this light is off?all the cables are just fine ...
plz help
Old 3rd November 2007, 08:38   #152  -   
Gnomie
S2 licensed

Gnomie's online stats
I never really looked at the LEDs (in fact I have some small pieces of tape to cover them since I think they're too bright). If you feel the FFB working, I wouldn't worry.

BTW my Momo just broke down on me. After only 1 week of use! I was driving just like normal when suddenly the FFB felt incredibly uneven. I thought I'd hit some invisible bump and ruined my suspension or something, but when I restarted it was still there. The smoothness of the resistance is gone, now it is very jagged and weird. And when I turn the wheel to it's maximum rotation I get this weird, continous humming sound. This doesn't only happen in game, but also on the Windows desktop. I've tried unplugging my power leads, changing the USB contact to the PC and turning the PC off and on, with no luck. I attached a video. To hear the sound I think you need to play it in Windows Media Player -- I couldn't hear sound in Winamp or VLC.

This was quite a let down. Here's my complete wheel history:

1) Bought my first wheel back in 2004. This was a crappy one with no force feedback or anything, but it was fun nonetheless. After a while it refused to let me turn to the right. So I returned it to the store in 2006. Thanks to the Norwegian laws the shop is required to provide an equal or better product in return if it breaks and they decide not to fix it. Since this wheel was out of production I got a

2) Logitech Formula Force EX in stead.

This kept going until about a month ago, when it started shaking uncontrollably when turning to the left or right more than 45 degrees. It was as if the FFB suddenly shut down for a fraction of a second before starting again with a loud bang, several times in a row. Totally unplayable. So I returned this to the store and got my

3) Logitech Formula Force EX # 2. And guess what? The exact same problem. This was the point where I had recently discovered LFS, so I was pretty annoyed that my new wheel didn't work either. But the guy at the store said it was a known issue and were happy to take it back. Then I decided I'd had enough of these wheels, and paid the extra $$ to get a

4) MOMO instead. This is the wheel that I've been using for the past week, with great success. Now I'm completely and utterly hooked to LFS, and the prospect of handing the wheel back to the store and waiting even further for a replacement really annoys me. But I see no other options.

I'm pretty pissed right now, as you can imagine.. is this just my bad luck, or do Logitech products generallly have a lot of errors??
Attached Files
File Type: zip MOV01659.zip (418.6 KB, 49 views)
Old 13th November 2007, 14:42   #153  -   
tarao
Demo Racer

tarao's online stats
I have a logitech wingman formula force prety old, and I lost the drivers. Without them, the wheel seems to work prety well, but for some reason, after a few turns the accelerator seems to fail, and pressing it till the bottom doesnt fully fill the accelerator bar. I searched for drivers but the ones in the logitech website are for the ex version of the wheel, and they cant detect my wheel. I donīt know what to do. Can someone help me?
Old 13th November 2007, 14:43   #154  -   
UncleBenny
S2 licensed

UncleBenny's online stats
the brakes and the wheel still work fine though?
Old 13th November 2007, 18:15   #155  -   
tarao
Demo Racer

tarao's online stats
Yes, everything works fine at the begining of the race, the accelerator too but after a few turns I feel I have lost throttle, and I open the options while racing and see that the acceleration bar, with the pedal to the bottom only makes half a bar or something more when at the beginning of the race worked perfectly and made the top.

I have reserarched the net trying to find some drivers for my old wheel for Windows XP but I have found none, and the web linked in the first post of this thread seems down.
Old 13th November 2007, 20:10   #156  -   
UncleBenny
S2 licensed

UncleBenny's online stats
try here:

http://www.dirfile.com/downloadnow_l..._freeware.html

edit: nope, looks like that first link doesn't work either, try this:

http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownl...-download.html

Last edited by UncleBenny; 13th November 2007 at 20:19.
Old 13th November 2007, 20:37   #157  -   
tarao
Demo Racer

tarao's online stats
It doesn't work. The only driver there is the same thatīs in the logitech website, and it doensīt detect my wheel. I supouse my wheel is too old, but itīs a shame because is a very good wheel, and I havenīt used it at all.
Old 14th November 2007, 14:59   #158  -   
K.A.M.I.K.A.Z.A
Demo Racer

K.A.M.I.K.A.Z.A's online stats
Logitech G25 Not Working At 900 Degrees

Hello pjupils..I am from croatia and my englsh is not god..so sorry if I wrote somenthing wrong..
Here we go..i have a logitech g25 racing wheel and on controls is on the 900 degreed and it spins in the game for 900 degrees but I cant turn the wheel for that much..I see that you alredy give some ling and other stufs but i dont understand it good..

So can you please help me..I would be very gratefull..
Old 14th November 2007, 15:23   #159  -   
pom456
S2 licensed

pom456's online stats
first thing, there is no 900 degree car in lfs, you can change it for 720 degree and it should be Ok !! , maybe change it to 540degree for GTR car, but i let it to 720 and i did'nt have any problem !!
Old 27th December 2007, 14:32   #160  -   
feat
S2 licensed

Racername: Aciite
feat's online stats
Hi peeps.

I have MOMO Racing Wheel, and the problem is, like, the wheel is pretty damn good, but it haves just one problem, at least for me.
When i turn wheel pretty normal its ok, but when i make fast understeer ( Tur wheel from left side to right side or otherways ) it sticks. :/

Help ?
Old 28th December 2007, 12:15   #161  -   
feat
S2 licensed

feat's online stats
Do i need to make another stupid Topic to get some suggestions or ar least words ''I dont know'' ?
Old 28th December 2007, 12:41   #162  -   
sgt.flippy
S2 licensed

sgt.flippy's online stats
I don't know.
Old 24th February 2008, 14:34   #163  -   
TONI_PT
S2 licensed

TONI_PT's online stats
Is there a possibility to damage somehow a ffb wheel by increasing the ffb steps in the LFS config file to lets say 512? in a previous post in this thread i saw that someone sayd that if we increased the value from 128 to 256 the dfp would provide more feedback. My value was 256 not 128 so i increased it to 384, i'm not sure if its better so i was thinking to try 512 as the value for ffb steps?

I'm assuming it is some kind of ffb frame rate(in retrieving real time phisics information)...can some one explain what it is in concrete? and also wich values can we experiment and is it safe to do so?

Edit: i am using a dfp 900š

Thanks in advance

Last edited by TONI_PT; 24th February 2008 at 15:04.
Old 21st June 2008, 03:25   #164  -   
Lola GT
Demo Racer

Lola GT's online stats
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarao View Post
It doesn't work. The only driver there is the same thatīs in the logitech website, and it doensīt detect my wheel. I supouse my wheel is too old, but itīs a shame because is a very good wheel, and I havenīt used it at all.
I have the old red Formula Force, and I'm on Vista which somehow searched and found a working driver.

The logitech profiler doesn't support this wheel anymore, however.

I have no problem setting up in LFS fine, but I have the force feedback problem at center, which won't let me hold a straight line down any long straight. The slight twitch back and forth pushes me out of the draft and makes it difficult to set up a correct line entering corners, silly. I am putting off buying a license since my driving experience isn't worth spending the money at the moment. I have changed some settings in LFS options but with little positive effect(Barring turning the FF off or reducing it to very little..what's the point then?).
Too bad, the wheel works fine, just not in LFS.

Last edited by Lola GT; 22nd June 2008 at 04:45.
Old 22nd June 2008, 00:45   #165  -   
Sueycide_FD
S2 licensed

Racername: 28RL_Tiff
Sueycide_FD's online stats
for some reason when i installed the logitech vista 32 bit drivers, my gas pedal was reconigzed as brake and the brake pedal didnt do anything. the wheel part worked perfectly but the pedals were a pain. before i installed the drivers, it worked perfectly. i pratically missed a event because of this

EDIT: Fixed. Found solotion in Wiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scawen View Post
Dustin has received an infraction for insulting people too much

Last edited by Sueycide_FD; 22nd June 2008 at 19:45.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:09   #166  -   
feat
S2 licensed

feat's online stats
I guess i got to post my problem here, but im about 90 percent sure, that noone will answer ... again.
Well, this really shocked me, lol.
After i raced about couple mins in CTRA server, i saw, that in to slow on straights ..
It was just so mutch that i started to think about something, that i saw months ago.
I turned on LFS Options / Controls / Axis .. AND YES! Ofcourse. Acceleration axis wasnt going for 100%, IMO some 90%. So im pretty dissapointed on my momo, and im very scared that it's not just profiler or patch problem.
Any suggestions ? I already downloaded some patch for pedals, it says that it fixes these problems, but nothing.
Please help guys.

Cheers, feat.
Old 23rd June 2008, 07:56   #167  -   
feat
S2 licensed

feat's online stats
Bump :

Damn, guys. I'm so happy, that i fixed this problem.
Well, i could explain this for guys, which have the same problem.

Ok, the idea is to move deadzone a little bit to min.
So, we download DXTWEAK programm from wingmanteam.com and just play around with settings in ''Acceleration'' menu and here you go, viola !
YAY, back to racing streets.
Old 24th June 2008, 12:08   #168  -   
Tonttula
S2 licensed

Racername: Race X
Tonttula's online stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasoss View Post
hi..i have bought momo racing ffw and the second light on the wheel doesnt switch on!they told me this feedback....
why this light is off?all the cables are just fine ...
plz help
I have a MOMO too i had that same problem but i fixed it here is how:

First make sure you have the newest logitech profiler installed.

Second thing is before you start playing lfs you have to change some settings in the logitech profiler first open it up then selec options > global device settings then after that put these settings:
Overall Effects Strength 101 %
Spring and Damper effects 0%
Then uncheck the option "Enble Centering Spring in Forcefeedback games and put the effect on 0 % and the last is uncheck the combined pedals option.

Then after that stat lfs go to options axes then you have to check that are your pedals inverted if you see that the brake and gas pedal are on full and your not pushing them press the invert button.

And thats all
Old 1st July 2008, 14:57   #169  -   
suomitoisia
S2 licensed

suomitoisia's online stats
Hi! does someone know why doesn't lfs detect my MOMO racing wheel's pedals at all. i can't put the buttons for accel of brake because it doesn't seem to find them at all or something, i tried to take a look at the logitech profiler but i couldn't find anything. can't finda anything from the wingman website either.

thanks in advance!
Old 1st July 2008, 18:48   #170  -   
feat
S2 licensed

feat's online stats
Did you set pedals as axis, not buttons ?
Then set them up @ Controller > Axis setup.
Old 1st July 2008, 20:57   #171  -   
suomitoisia
S2 licensed

suomitoisia's online stats
i can't find such section as controller nor axis setup, note that i'm using newest possible logitech profiler, if there is other setup programmes.
Old 8th July 2008, 11:20   #172  -   
VALE 46
S2 licensed

VALE 46's online stats
Seeing as no one replied in the patch Z thread... My DFP has no FFB since installing the new patch, on loading the game i get the message...

""CreateEffect failed (1 axes)
Could not set up FF steer device"

Anyone have any idea how to solve this?
Old 8th July 2008, 11:56   #173  -   
paulinho
S2 licensed

Racername: Paulinho
paulinho's online stats
So does anyone have a really nice setting for the Logitech G25, as mine seems to suffer from the wheel shake problem but on a large scale.
If I take one hand off the wheel whilst going along it starts to shake like mad, which isn't realistic.

Thanks
Old 13th July 2008, 01:15   #174  -   
riffman12
S2 licensed

riffman12's online stats
hey everyone,

So i've had my DFP for about a year now and it has always worked perfectly until now.

I plug in my pedals, plug in my power, and plug the wheel into my pc and open the wingman software.

usually the wheel self-calibrates and whatnot...but this time it just sits there

the left LED is blinking and the right LED is not illuminated. The computer is registering it's there...but i can't calibrate it and it's not working with any games.

Please Help!!!!
Old 15th July 2008, 21:38   #175  -   
kaynd
S2 licensed

Racername: HR-K.Daskalopoulos
kaynd's online stats
It seems like the power supply is not working. (Blinking left led) Check if the power cable is actually placed in a working power socket.

Old 16th July 2008, 00:09   #176  -   
riffman12
S2 licensed

riffman12's online stats
yeah I've tried multiple sockets. I don't get it
Old 16th July 2008, 06:26   #177  -   
kaynd
S2 licensed

Racername: HR-K.Daskalopoulos
kaynd's online stats
Maybe then it’s a problem of the PSU unit? or maybe the cable has worn out?
I don't know if you are able to check the psu output to see if it works properly

The DFP is an old wheel but it had 2 years warranty when it was still available at the market.
Check if you can send it back for replacement.

Old 24th July 2008, 21:12   #178  -   
dami1968
S2 licensed

dami1968's online stats
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALE 46 View Post
Seeing as no one replied in the patch Z thread... My DFP has no FFB since installing the new patch, on loading the game i get the message...

""CreateEffect failed (1 axes)
Could not set up FF steer device"

Anyone have any idea how to solve this?
Today I had the same problem installing the new logitech 5.02 driver for the g25. I solved it uninstalling all the logitech software and running this application (LWS_CLRC.EXE) find it in http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/...=1&format=page that removes all the existing calibrations of the windows register.
Then re-install the wheel software and itīs fixed.
Old 22nd December 2008, 08:33   #179  -   
GullWings
S2 licensed

GullWings's online stats
I Got Problem To pedals dont work at LFS, i have other rally games to at TDU and Flatout its work great. i try evrything reinstalled LFS, reinstalled Momo Drivers for Vista. When i got wheel its worked fine at lfs to now ....
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:14   #180  -   
PioneerLv
S2 licensed

Racername: R.Svetins
PioneerLv's online stats
Check your control options in LFS.

Live for Speed > Main > Technical Assistance

• Submit Thread to Digg
  • Submit Thread to del.icio.us
  • Submit Thread to StumbleUpon
  • Submit Thread to Google