The online racing simulator
i might be the 1st to build an stable inverted pendulum
(14 posts, closed, started )
#1 - lerts
seems all inverted pendulum are unstable, thats the way current physics regard it

but see how this must work, im building it now:

http://i40.photobucket.com/alb ... aaid/invertedpendulum.jpg

the problem is that as you see in the drawing the string must be stiff like the one cowboys used

i tried wire but it retains shapes so it doesnt work

do you have any suggestion of a rigid string i could use

hell im freze on building and seeing no way out
I must say the drawing is weird. I'm do not possess an engineering degree nor am I mechanically inclined (:tilt, and frankly I don't know what's an inverted pendulum, but I guess that if the 'physics' has said that it can't be done, maybe it can't be done.

However, I would recommend using rope like the cowboys used.

If I understand the topmost two drawings, the pendulum kind of leans on the sphere shaped thing to stay balanced, is this correct? :/
Why, lerts...

WHY?
I wonder if anybody actually understands your drawings. They make not much sense to me... you should explain them A LOT better (with captions, a description, etc). Until you do that in a proper way, you'll be the only one understanding them.

I wait for the day when you actually build it (dunno about your problem with the "string"... if it has to be stiff, use a stiff material and shape it). Post a video in case you get to that point.
Quote from AndroidXP :Why, lerts...

WHY?

Now that's a pretty good question. He just woke up and said: Damn! I must build an inverted pendulum!!!
SPAMZOR!!!!
reported
#7 - AMB
Quote from lerts :seems all inverted pendulum are unstable, thats the way current physics regard it

the problem is that as you see in the drawing the string must be stiff like the one cowboys used

That will DEFINATELY work, make it and spend all you lifesavings on building it, hopefully you'll go bankrupt and won't be able to pay the electricity nor internet bill, which will save everyone from your 'interesting' posts.
FFS...not again!:doh:

Why not come up with a REALLY USEFUL idea...like how to implement full dynamic variable weather in a racing sim...but dont tell anybody about it until it is finished, 100% bug-free, and working...then give it to Scawen
I must agree, it doesn't seem very useful. Does a stable inverted pendulum have an extrinsic function nobody is aware of (or at least my non-mechanically inclined mind)?

I think the next step is trying to build a black hole.
as you can see in the drawing when it leans to the right, arm in the left grows and right arm decreases appearing a righting arm that keeps it vertical

forgive me but im permabaned form the main physics forums for disagreeing, many smart people here
Quote from lerts :seems all inverted pendulum are unstable, thats the way current physics regard it

No you wont be the first....and why do you want to do this and what will it do accomplish?

And wire is kind of rigid string, the more rigid you make string the more it becomes a stick...so try a stick.

p.s. Thanks for those technical drawings; they really helped me understand things.
Quote from lerts :as you can see in the drawing when it leans to the right, arm in the left grows and right arm decreases appearing a righting arm that keeps it vertical

forgive me but im permabaned form the main physics forums for disagreeing, many smart people here

.......bahahahahhahaha, you mean you posted stuff like this there, consistently and totally disregarded all scientific facts, never stopped with the none sense so they got sick of it and banned you.

Like some one said before, for gods sake start a blog, its a much better place to do the stuff you do. The off-topic section of a racing sim forum is not really ideal.
damn, I knew by the thread title it could be only lerts. Didn't even look at who made it.

How about this for a crappy story?
Quote from lerts :forgive me but im permabaned form the main physics forums for disagreeing, many smart people here

:doh:

Please please please unlock the "lerts" thread again
#14 - SamH
Closed this spam thread. lerts receives an infraction for spamming the forum.
This thread is closed

(14 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG