The online racing simulator
#1 - lerts
do you think this can work for a self standing umbrella?
No.
No, it won't work. But feel free to make it and see for yourself.
#4 - lerts
but have you seen the drawing open it with windows paint if not?

isnt it too small the drawing, i dont know how to make it bigger, and id like to be convinced plz explain me why it wont work so i dont waste my time building it
Listen kiddo, your mind control tricks do not work for me.
lerts, stop tripping already, what freakin umbrellas are you talking about? You are NOT in the Truman Show, why would anyone wanna look at you 24/7 on their TV's making self-standing umbrellas?
#8 - lerts
don´t you have a job or something other to do?
hell whats wrong on trying to do a self standing umbrella?

creativity is not something bad
#12 - VoiD
:checkered

Congrats: #2 in my ingnore list...
Depending on what you want to achieve (which I don't know as the tiny pics don't make sense at all), you could go for simple, already proven solutions to your problem:

or
@ Coleus

But that's not the same thing, it's not standing in the perputulum of miola...
#16 - 5haz
Thats one awfully complicated umbrella.

It might work if the top part of the thing was fixed to the ground, but that defeats the object of having a portable umbrella.
lerts, care to explain what the different parts in your drawing are?

Also, if you wan't to stabilize your umbrella on the tip, you'd most likely need gyrostabilisation, which will be hard achieve without the umbrella becoming useless.

You could try making the tip really hard and pointy so you can stick it into the ground. But then, the thought of you having basically a spear is quite unsettling.
Quote from 5haz :Thats one awfully complicated umbrella.

It might work if the top part of the thing was fixed to the ground, but that defeats the object of having a portable umbrella.

the top part with water will always be horizontal cause it behaves as a pendulum no need to stick it to the ground and thanks a lot for the feedback

oh plz someone tells me it works so i have an illusion on building it
Just do what all the scientists do: try it out and see for yourself. If it doesn't think about why and try to solve it.
thanks

the idea is when the system leans the float sinks producing a righting arm
What the McFcuk?
So are those things on the sides water tanks with floats in them? Yes, if you had three or more of them, the umbrella will sit on the water and be balanced. But who would lug around three tanks of water, plus the umbrella, plus the levers and arms needed to make it work? And where does the person stand without having a pole going through him?

And PLEASE - do better drawings. Carefully annotate things (using the text tool, not handwriting via a mouse), and shade/hatch/colour things so that we know what is what.

Yes, that device will 'work' (if I understand your jibberish). But it will not be useable, and nobody would buy one.
wow thanks tristan i was all depressed but i feel better now with an objective

well if it cant be used for an umbrella coulñd be used in ships as gimballs

ive been at least 2 years thinking of a balance that has the cog above the axle of spin and this might be it

and wouldnt i be the 1st to do this?

i cant wait to build it and hang it on youtube
If all the water tanks were connected, then they would be self-levelling and hence give a true vertical. But if the water is sloshing about, as it would on a ship, then it couldn't work as a gimbal alternative.

I don't understand what you mean by the CoG above the axle of spin. Surely that's easy?

No, you won't be the first to do this, of that I'm quite sure. The self levelling properties of connected water tanks are well known and well used in many areas of science and engineering (typically in the research houses, rather than in commercial products that you'll be familiar with as they are too bulky).

Build it. Hang it on Youtube. Get some views. Discuss it. But ultimately it will be a waste of your time that you could have spent learning about something interesting/useful. Or studying basic physics.
Quote from lerts :wow thanks tristan i was all depressed but i feel better now with an objective

... This was merely due to no-one understanding your blueprints. And even now, after reading this whole thread I still can't understand myself.

But hey, an umbrella that stands on water tanks (?) sounds cool. Will prolly get loads of views on youtube.

do you think this can work for a self standing umbrella?
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG