Track Guide: FO8 - FE4
(14 posts, started )
Forbin presents...

and
World Record Onboard: FO8 - FE4

Produced by: "CoRe.Forbin" Souders

Hi-Res D/L version (requires DivX/Xvid plugins): Forbin-FE4-FO8-guide.avi (62 MB)

YouTube Streaming: FO8 - FE4 Track Guide
YouTube Streaming (Hi-Res): FO8 - FE4 Track Guide

Hi-Res D/L version (requires DivX/Xvid plugins): Forbin-FE4-FO8-WR.avi (62 MB)

YouTube Streaming: FO8 - FE4 World Record
YouTube Streaming (Hi-Res): FO8 - FE4 World Record

For this and other related videos online, please visit the CoRe Racing YouTube site!

NOTE: Both videos are the same lap, but the Guide is viewed from the driver's point of view and has commentary along with split times and pedals shown. The WR Onboard video is viewed from on top of the air intake without commentary.

Guide Transcript:
Quote :Brake hard for T1 before the 50 meter marker, then turn in where the track changes color. Drift wide and get on the throttle, feeding it in smoothly, then pull it back in tight. Turn in as you pass the cones and ride the curbs through the chicane flat out. Good exits out of T1 and the first chicane are critical to a good first split. Hug the curbs and keep your steering smooth to minimize speed loss. Turn-in here is deceptively early as the track falls away on entry. Brake just before 75 meters and turn in smoothly with a lot of steering. Keep a tight line and get on the throttle as you hit the apex. The exit is a bit bumpy so be smooth on the throttle. Go flat out into the next chicane, turning in at 50 meters. Neutralize your steering over the curbs and the car will float over them. Brake at 75 meters and turn at 25. Clip the left curb and get back on the throttle immediately. Flick it in for the uphill left as you pass the tires while staying hard on the throttle to help the car turn. Stay OFF the curbs here. Hug the wall and turn in as you reach the blue sign. Brake at the curb and turn in at 25 meters. Exit in the middle of the track and get on the throttle hard for the right and left to keep the rear planted and prevent understeer. Brake at the last brake marker and turn in as you pass the sign. Get on the curb on the right and stay hard on the throttle as you turn in for the left. It will understeer initially but that will subside. Unless you’re in serious trouble, don’t lift like I did here. It overloads the front and causes understeer. Brake at 50 meters and turn in at 25. Enter the left in the middle of the track and turn in hard. Smoothly unwind the steering and get on the throttle. The rest is flat out. Stay OFF the curbs, they just slow you down.

Attached files
FO8_FE4-ForbinWR.set - 132 B - 972 views
-
(Forbin) DELETED by Forbin
nice video... i wish i could drive fern bay like that...
Thanks.

Think I just pegged the LFS Forum Cockometer?
-
(Forbin) DELETED by Forbin
The guide transcript has been added to the first post.
Great work, grats
Nice guide now im gonna try and post what i get from ur instuction
#7 - Mazar
Quote :The guide transcript has been added to the first post.

Forbin,

GREAT work, these track guides are really useful, they really help and thank you for the effort! appreciated.

Best, Mazar
The setup has been added to the first post.
You dont have the best line for T1 but apart from that it's very good...
That guide was useful

But it seems a bit more of a hotlapping guide because it wouldnt be useful for all situations would it?
Quite the contrary, the fundamentals are all there. The only differences under racing conditions are that you have less grip (R3's) and more weight (fuel). This means your braking distances will be maybe 10-15 meters longer, you may need to lift for a couple corners (most notably the high-speed right that starts with the blue sign on the wall on the left), and you will need get on the throttle a bit slower coming out of corners. The lines don't change but the corner speeds probably will a little.
Quote from Forbin :Quite the contrary, the fundamentals are all there. The only differences under racing conditions are that you have less grip (R3's) and more weight (fuel).The lines don't change but the corner speeds probably will a little.

Yeah I agree. I tell people that if your having a hard time on a track, go watch the WR. It doesn't show them when to brake or how fast to go into a corner, but mostly just the line, as you stated.

BTW, great work on the videos. These track guides are extremely helpful to any and all skill level or racers. Thanks David!
:bowdown::bowdown::headbang::bowdown::headbang::bowdown::headbang::bowdown::headbang::bowdown::bowdown:

Nice work Dave. Why didn't you publish that BEFORE our race?

I had to lift for most of those corners and I was using your set.
Good work!
I think LFS should have this kind of videos for all tracks and cars.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG