The online racing simulator
Race 1 - SC phase practice
Hello,

since LXO is using a kind of unusual SC procedure, some practice could be necessary. Therefore we decided to provide two opportunities to make youself familiar with it:

Date: 2008-05-07
Time: ~19:30 UTC after finishing the three short races of Wednesday's LX event
Server: Volvolandia LX, passworded to "LXO"
Procedure: short stint using league rules (no chatting etc.) with random SC phase
Attendance: voluntary

Date: 2008-05-11
Time: 18:30 UTC before official qualifying
Server: Volvolandia LX, using Race 1 password
Procedure: short stint using league rules (no chatting etc.) with random SC phase
Attendance: mandatory

To be prepared, please take a few minutes to reread the SC rules (§3.4).

Kind regards
So there is a practice event tonight? can you give me some idea of how long it will run for?, I would like to attend, but I don't have too much time this evening....
We'll do two 6 laps races (~22min), each with a random SC phase.
Aslong as we start at 1930 I can make the first one
hmm tonight i wont make it.. GTR2 leaQue
Due to the high driving standard seen today, we are confident the SC procedure will work on Sunday as well. Thanks to everyone for joining.
i got to say that i think its sjit to do a green flag all over the track

green flag is normaly on start finish and not entering the chicane..
#8 - troy
but thats the whole point in the system, not having to wait for the start finish straight. like this you can start the grid once it is together and the track is safe again. otherwise you lap with 100km/h for probably 2 laps just waiting for the safety car to finally get into the pits again.

i also think that this kind of SC phase is much more secure for all the drivers. it's easy to remember and all about reaction time just like the real start.
How about the green is called when the leader is going straight ? Not necessarily in the Start/Finish straight. Let's say in any straight whether its small or not but not when he is in a turn?
Well do it on a smart point plz...

Like today i just shocked.. im going 100 entering the chicaned easy and suddely there is green flag and im like wt*. not here
but if that is the rule.. plz give a message like field complete or somthing otherwise we are focusing on the text GREEN FLAG all the time. and wenn the concentration drops there it is...
Quote from evilpimp :How about the green is called when the leader is going straight ? Not necessarily in the Start/Finish straight. Let's say in any straight whether its small or not but not when he is in a turn?

I'm afraid the first green flag was indeed rather inappropriate, thus I'll pay more attention to the straights next time. But that's the use of practice.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :[...]plz give a message like field complete or somthing otherwise we are focusing on the text GREEN FLAG all the time. and wenn the concentration drops there it is...

Do you mean something like "Grid complete, prepare for green flag"? But I think it wouldn't be necessary as drivers can see this on the mini map anyway and it'll add an extra (probably distracting) message.
Well on the mini map you cant see it 100%... and like i was yesterday im looking to drive 100 and not over that and then suddely green flag..

But i do think that that message is a good idea just make a rule like wenn you see that message in the next 10 sec. there is a possible green?
Green flag means go, can't see why anyone would want a "warning there is going to be a green flag" message.

Makes things more interesting, means those paying attention and that are quick of the draw get a good advantage.
I surely hope we don't get any SC periods during any of the races. I got a significant drop in my FPS when the green flag was given. It was not so bad when the field bunched up but at green it dropped to low teens.

My max FPS on WE is about 60. Yes yes I know I should get a new comp.

Race 1 - SC phase practice
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG