The online racing simulator
LXO - The LX only Cup is about to start
Hello,

me and troy are very pleased to announce the start of our LXO Cup. This league includes LX4 and LX6 which will be driven on 10 diversified combos which require different skills - e.g. race duration ranging from 20min to 1h30m or driving both on tarmac and gravel. We are confident this will not only provide variety and fun for everyone on the grid, but also allow drivers to show own abilities like long-term consistency or fast pace when going offroad.

As you can see in the race calendar Westhill International Reverse (WE1R) is the first track to be driven with LX4 on 2008-05-11 and will start at 18:30 UTC (18:00 UTC for endurance). Feel free to browse the web site, but please make sure to read and understand the league rules if you are interested in signing up. We are trying to organize an LFSF subforum as soon as possible.

There are 24 slots available for season one and we hope to fill them during the next weeks. Weekly LX events are still open for everyone, but will be the practice part of LXO and run the next combo for both public and league drivers.

Kind regards

EDIT: Because there seems to be some confusion with the timezones again:

18:00 UTC
19:00 UTC+1 DST (UK)
20:00 UTC+2 CEST (Central Europe)
21:00 UTC+3 EEST (Eastern Europe)
Awesome, I am in if this doesn't mess with the Gentlefoot dates so I need to do a little research there. Glad to see a day and time that I can handle

[EDIT] Aww, I can't do it because it will run close into GFC for three races : / I can't have 2 serious events that close together. And I just got a good jump on the GFC season this time around!! If it was starting at 17:00 utc I could probably do it but still two major events on the same day. (Or better yet if you started 1 week later and held 1 event every other week that would be awesome hehe
I´m pretty much in
Quote from blackbird04217 :[EDIT] Aww, I can't do it because it will run close into GFC for three races

Sorry, but we mainly considered of GTTC drivers due to the different characteristic of the cars (single seater) included in GFC.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :<- Interested

The LX's are now my favorite cars in LFS & I've been looking for a league to get stuck into so this sounds great to me!

We already received your sign-up. Thank you!
Quote from tonyonparas :I´m pretty much in

We hope to see you on the track as well.
Quote from ussbeethoven :Sorry, but we mainly considered of GTTC drivers due to the different characteristic of the cars (single seater) included in GFC.

I would think your cutting off GTTC drivers as well, although why not stagger the weeks? I think that will allow more practice for people and I would (honestly) really enjoy this one, at least most of the events, idk about rallying but definitely the others
I really understand that you'd like to join, but our schedule is final now and we cannot change it because of one or two drivers. We do not really interfere with GTTC (16:00 UTC) as qualifying plus race usually last about one hour, thus there's at least a ~60min gap afterwards.
Two questions -

One: Why can't you change it where its only been posted for a matter of hours, the day and time could be the same just every other week where it doesn't conflict with any GF stuff. I already can't join the LX Wednesdays because of where I live : / and I understand the importance of locking down a schedule however its very early on and this would be the time to do it...

Two: How many people would it take, because I could probably get a few of my teammates that are in GTTC and GFC to signup if it didn't interfere with GF days... I know your not gaining anything by letting me race but I would be gaining a lot... I think troy already knows how much I would like to be in it
I'm in.
Though I'm still a bit wary of the LX6. Nevertheless I'm going to try to tame it.

PS. This is my first league so be nice to me.
#9 - troy
Quote from blackbird04217 :Two questions -

One: Why can't you change it where its only been posted for a matter of hours, the day and time could be the same just every other week where it doesn't conflict with any GF stuff. I already can't join the LX Wednesdays because of where I live : / and I understand the importance of locking down a schedule however its very early on and this would be the time to do it...

if we would change it now there is another guy coming tomorrow who meets his aunt every sunday at 6pm wanting us to put it one hour forward , we looked at different leagues and their start times and tried to not affect other ongoing seasons to much while still providing a reasonable starting time for most of the different timezones.

Quote from blackbird04217 :
Two: How many people would it take, because I could probably get a few of my teammates that are in GTTC and GFC to signup if it didn't interfere with GF days... I know your not gaining anything by letting me race but I would be gaining a lot... I think troy already knows how much I would like to be in it

as trio already said gttc ends one hour before we start, that should be enough time to get some rest and prepare everything you need for the next race.
Quote from troy :if we would change it now there is another guy coming tomorrow who meets his aunt every sunday at 6pm wanting us to put it one hour forward , we looked at different leagues and their start times and tried to not affect other ongoing seasons to much while still providing a reasonable starting time for most of the different timezones.

Ya, the time is fine, its just conflicting with me doing GFC

Quote :
as trio already said gttc ends one hour before we start, that should be enough time to get some rest and prepare everything you need for the next race.

Yea, 1 hour is enough time to get into the next event, however this still runs into the GFC time and I won't be missing that, not even for something I've wanted for a while... GTTC isn't the one I care so much about since I am off to a great start in the GFC... But meh, I guess I will stop trying to get it alternative weekends since it apparently can't happen Good luck with it though.
Just joined on your website. Looks like a great league

I had to drop outta LFSCART for this but its ok cuz i'm better in LX's then in FO8. Looking forward to this.
I would like to race but my Sunday evenings are already taken.
How about a midweek slot?

also WE1 is boring to race on
#13 - BURN
hi,

the time doesnt fit for me either. at that Time i like to relax

Cya at the wednsday events =)

greetz Smokey
Thanks to all drivers who signed up already! If you are unsure, feel free to join our weekly Volvoladia events for an impression of LX racing.
Quote from anttt69 :I would like to race but my Sunday evenings are already taken.
How about a midweek slot?

I'm afraid we won't change the race schedule anymore, like troy explained.

PS: Sorry for the current thread chaos, but we'll make stickies as soon as local mod rights are granted.
Yea its unfortunate that a few of the events will be conflicting with GFC which means I won't make those but I did sign up for the cup and am pretty excited to drive around with you guys - I can't make the LX racing on Wednesdays due to my timezone and I am working at that time, but I will catch you on track sometime.
Would love to do this, but I'm already committed to LFSCART, which runs on the same day of the week. :[

Oh well, next time around!
Glad you got a subsection. Lots of fast racers around, this should be fun.
Com'on guys, step up. The LX's are great. Let's have a few more good drivers in here.
I'll sign up if you do a cool logo to put on my lx
Awesome, I am in
im in aswell

but where can i sign up ?

Edit got it and done
Heeeeyyy! I´m IN! add me also
#23 - troy
Quote from lococost :I'll sign up if you do a cool logo to put on my lx

no problemo, there you go

edit:
Quote from tonyonparas :Heeeeyyy! I´m IN! add me also

you need to sign up via the website tony
Attached images
LX6_loco.jpg
do we all post our skins here in 2048X2048 ?
will look cool if you see complete field in high res.

any special number plates logo's what need to be on the car ?
No, you can use any nick name or licence plate unless it includes bad/offensive language.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG