The online racing simulator
VTEC sound?
(209 posts, started )
VTEC sound?
I don't know if this already excists, but it would be cool to have a VTEC sound above 4800 or so revs in every car, or a car at your choice...
I've maid a Civic Type R EK9 with Mecanic S2, but I'm missing the VTEC sound that should be kicking in at 5800 revs (correct me if I'm wrong)
Can somebody make something so we can hear a VTEC sound, that we can adjust to revs?
THnx
As the LFS sounds are created on the fly, all we would need is the two cam profiles, then LFS will make the correct engine sounds.

So for the moment you'll have to wait to hear the slight change of pitch the change of cam profile will bring until Scawen puts something like this into LFS. But I see little reason to, as LFS doesn't have to worry about emissions or noise control.
Quote from tristancliffe :As the LFS sounds are created on the fly, all we would need is the two cam profiles, then LFS will make the correct engine sounds.

I don't think Venom5 knows what a camshaft is...

Although I would like to see variable valve timing implemented, and upgrading of cams
The only sound that you will get with the vtec kicking in is with these settings

Cylinders 12 12
Displacement 1600 1600

Power 0.155
Power width 0.55
time2rev 0.4
Redline 1.00
Idle 104.710

Still needs some tweeking but you do get a sound differnce
Quote from wheel4hummer :Although I would like to see variable valve timing implemented

Yeah, a more complex engine simulation in general would be very nice. I think that's on the cards for S3.

Quote from wheel4hummer :and upgrading of cams

Err, why?
Quote from Bob Smith :Err, why?

Because the idle sounds cool with an agressive camshaft
Quote from wheel4hummer :I don't think Venom5 knows what a camshaft is...

Although I would like to see variable valve timing implemented, and upgrading of cams

I do know...
I do know.....no you don't....yes i do...do not...do to....i can see it happening already
Your'e no better, you spent ALL of that money getting an SRT-4, and all of these parts to force your 4banger to a 11.6 1/4 mi time. LOL, the fastest N/A Camaro has a 9sec 1/4mi time!
don't really see why they'd include the sound effects of a propriety engine management system, that has little use in racing, and produces stupid torque steps...

Much rather they spent the time making the engines sound like engines.
I agree, but a VTEC/VVTi etc. system would be nice to have on the XFG because cars simular to that one IRL have VTEC/VVTi. I don't want the SOUND, I want the two different cam profiles implemented.
What is VTEC sound?
Quote from Mikkel Petersen :What is VTEC sound?

Basically some cars now have two cam lobes on the camshaft. At a certain rpm the lobe in use in changed, which also has different timing.

This means a car can be civilized, quite and economical at lower revs, but can make it a teeny bit more powerful at higher revs whilst also making it sound like a 5 year old bolted it together.

It's mostly a marketting ploy, although it does have a bit of real science underlying it. And chavs love it.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Your'e no better, you spent ALL of that money getting an SRT-4, and all of these parts to force your 4banger to a 11.6 1/4 mi time. LOL, the fastest N/A Camaro has a 9sec 1/4mi time!

1)that's great...i don't give a F$&#..basically because i can't stand chevy's...and remember(this might be difficult for you)...but...FRONT WHEEL DRIVE vs. REAR WHEEL DRIVE...and on top of that...i'd like to see a camaro that runs supposed 9's keep up with me on a road track

2)i don't believe i mentioned you in anything i said...so i have no clue how you have any reason to just chime in and start bashing me.

3)"I'm no better"?? WTF?? When did i EVER say i was better than anyone?? I've seen how people act on this forum and online arguing is what happens when topics like this come up(mainly because a lot of the people on this forum are still in high school)
Quote from dave4002000 :i'd like to see a camaro that runs supposed 9's keep up with me on a road track

If the transmission and suspension was upgraded, then it would kick yer Neon's arse.

And, why are you cursing at me? I was not 'yelling' at you.
Camaro, Dodge, it makes little difference. American cars, tsssk.
You're okay til you get to a corner. You might think your car(s) are good at cornering, but thats probably because you don't know what good cornering is....

Thanks for the explanation Tristan!
Quote from tristancliffe :Camaro, Dodge, it makes little difference. American cars, tsssk.
You're okay til you get to a corner. You might think your car(s) are good at cornering, but thats probably because you don't know what good cornering is....

Is that so?
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3605/camaro8dp.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :Basically some cars now have two cam lobes on the camshaft. At a certain rpm the lobe in use in changed, which also has different timing.

This means a car can be civilized, quite and economical at lower revs, but can make it a teeny bit more powerful at higher revs whilst also
Quote :making it sound like a 5 year old bolted it together.

It's mostly a marketting ploy, although it does have a bit of real science underlying it. And chavs love it.

Wellllll.... I don't think so...
It's a pice of engineering, that some folks like, like me...
But have you ever driven a Honda with VTEC?
http://videos.streetfire.net/P ... &term=loudest&p=0
Quote from Venom5 :But have you ever driven a Honda with VTEC?

Ive riden in one, and it was slow as ****.
[quote=wheel4hummer]If the transmission and suspension was upgraded, then it would kick yer Neon's arse.
[quote]

there ya go right there....IF the tranny and suspension was upgraded......mines not...both are factory on my car....and i can almost guarantee you that if a camaro is set up to run 9's in the 1/4 it's not the same as it would be to run a road course....my car's suspension doesn't change...whether i'm running at the strip, on a road course, or using it as my daily driver(which it is)

last summer i was racing at the LimeRock road course here in CT almost every weekend and was up at New England Dragway in NH almost every Wednesday night...so yes...i do race my car quite often
Quote from dave4002000 :[quote=wheel4hummer]If the transmission and suspension was upgraded, then it would kick yer Neon's arse.
[quote]

there ya go right there....IF the tranny and suspension was upgraded......mines not...both are factory on my car....and i can almost guarantee you that if a camaro is set up to run 9's in the 1/4 it's not the same as it would be to run a road course....my car's suspension doesn't change...whether i'm running at the strip, on a road course, or using it as my daily driver(which it is)

last summer i was racing at the LimeRock road course here in CT almost every weekend and was up at New England Dragway in NH almost every Wednesday night...so yes...i do race my car quite often

What does this have to do with the thread? illepall

VTEC sound?
(209 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG