The online racing simulator
Everyone, please just accept the rules!
To the people who are still unhappy about the rules, please can you stop now? The admins' decision hurts my team (FZR, 001 - spdoRacing) as much as anyone, but the decision has been made and the worst outcome now would be for the event to be cancelled, or for arguments to force people away from the community. I regret being one of the people who started this argument.

The decision has been made, arguing about it will clearly change nothing now, so let's just get on with it and do the best we can .

Thanks,

Josh Di Fabio
if this is about the 0/40/80 cs 0/50/100 -> why do u all care about the laptimes? We are racing 24 hours - who cares about fu**ing laptimes???

/me is happy with the rules.
Quote from SchneeFee :if this is about the 0/40/80 cs 0/50/100 -> why do u all care about the laptimes? We are racing 24 hours - who cares about fu**ing laptimes???

/me is happy with the rules.

Come on, I thought you were smarter than that :P. Lap times are as important over 24 hours as they are over a short race, this issue is worth almost 2 laps over the 24 hours to the FZRs.
#4 - ORION
2 laps is nothing in a 24 hours race
the teams that have practised lapping slower cars will be successful, not the ones with the fast drivers. I mean, you can barely drive a lap without any car that needs to be lapped, or is lapping yourself.
Example: only 2 cars on track - one GTR and one TBO car. they meet each other every 3 laps
Now put 1+1 and imagine how its like with 25 cars

Patience is the key, not speed. To win, you need both
I read the locked thread earlier on, and had a thought in the shower later on. I'm not participating in the race.

The points I thought about were the following:
  • The organisation made a mistake when they created the rules for the first time. There should have some anticipation with the weight penalties, with clear rules written for the situation.
  • The organisation made a good decision with the backup plan (keeping everything as it is), as it will not modify the situation that was in hand during the qualification.
  • The car choise has been made by the teams prior to quali, and therefore a switch would mean a new qualification would have to be run - which is not an option.
  • The referee is always right, even when he is in the wrong
  • It's an 24 hour race ffs, it's more about being fast during one lap - consistancy is the key for victory!
#6 - ORION
Yes, we know that it would have been better to set the rules, and leave them as they are. But sadly GianniC has stolen my crystal ball, so I cant see the future anymore :P
Very well written post in general, though, Yaamboo
Quote from Yaamboo :
  • The car choise has been made by the teams prior to quali,...

Noone would ever chose a 24h race car with priority to the qualy.
Quote from SchneeFee :Noone would ever chose a 24h race car with priority to the qualy.

I'm sure he means just that the car choises were made before quali
Yup. My wording wasn't the best
ok.
sry.
Quote from Yaamboo :Yup. My wording wasn't the best

I don't think it was your wording that lacked here, rather our austrian colleagues' english knowledge
Quote from csurdongulos :I don't think it was your wording that lacked here, rather our austrian colleagues' english knowledge

thats probably the point, lol.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG