The online racing simulator
#1 - ORION
24 hours INFO THREAD
This post will be updated with all important info you need to know. If there are questions, they are ALL answered here, even PMs (if they dont contain private data and are interesting also for others).

Well, today our hoster got a technical problem, and they have no clue when its fixed... So I have moved the whole page to my own server, which you can reach here:
http://www.franknaggies.com/24h/

The stupid thing is, that the last backup I made is from yesterday, so the ALL quali signups got lost

-> You dont need to signup for the quali anymore. Just join the server and race!

Same for our server guys from DRT racing. No sign of life from them... But dont worry, Im going to ask my hoster at ZT for a couple of servers, which are the fastest anyways

Imortant data for now:
  • Patch W21 will be used in the whole quali (=all quali dates)
  • ATM there will be one server for the quali, but if needed we open another one.
  • The quali will be be one hour long, and you can drive as many laps as you can in those 60 minutes. Only one driver per team can race. If there are different drivers racing, we will invalidate all laps except the fastest from the driver that drove the first lap.
  • NO layout is used to avoid cutting, however you shouldnt go mushrooming in the dark forest
  • Password for the quali server(s): There will be a login on the 24h website, that you can access with your team name/id and password, which will also contain the required passwords.
  • 1-6 drivers are allowed per team, and only teams with 3 or 4 drivers can win some of the prices. (The webite will be updated to allow 5 and 6 racers soon)
  • About the balancing issue, I have no clue yet how the X patch will handle this, so we have to wait I guess. For the race, we will use the latest patch. If patch X isnt out in time, we cant use it of course
  • because of the website downtime, the signup deadline for the race has moved to Saturday 22:00 UTC
  • You can see the current UTC time in LFS (for example on the screen where you arrange the grid and set the track/laps/wind etc.), or at lfsworld in the user bar.
Qualifying Dates: (there will be more later)

2007-05-11 Friday 17:00 UTC (18:00 WEST/BST/IST; 19:00 CEST)
2007-05-11 Friday 19:00 UTC (20:00 WEST/BST/IST; 21:00 CEST)

2007-05-12 Saturday 17:00 UTC (18:00 WEST/BST/IST; 19:00 CEST)
2007-05-12 Saturday 19:00 UTC (20:00 WEST/BST/IST; 21:00 CEST)

2007-05-13 Sunday 17:00 UTC (18:00 WEST/BST/IST; 19:00 CEST)
2007-05-13 Sunday 19:00 UTC (20:00 WEST/BST/IST; 21:00 CEST)

Duration: 1 hour; One driver per team.

--------------------------------------
Updates will be posted under this line. If something above is colored in RED, its not valid anymore or got updated

You can request a password for the Quali server now:
http://www.franknaggies.com/24h/password.php

You can participate in as many quali sessions as you want, but still, only one driver per team is allowed!

The server is getting full now, quali starting in about 20 minutes

Quali started!

[url=lfs://|%5E224h%5E7+Quali+%2301|1|S2|/]JOIN SERVER[/url]

To all teams that signed up yesterday after 14:00 UTC:
PLEASE check your signup entry! due to the server crash, all data that was submitted after 14:00 got lost.

current quali results (this link is updated with the new results when they are ready)
[url]http://www.franknaggies.com/zt/BasTi/24h_Qualy.jpg[/url]

Handicap settings for all regarding the 24hours race:

XRR - 50kg
FZR - 100kg
FXR - 0kg

Those are the setting that were present when you had chosen the cars. EVERY other setting would be unfair. This way, YOU made the decision, and not Scawen or the admins decided who has an advantage or disadvantage.

The rules have been updated with the latest changes, and some more info about cutting etc. The layout we will use for the race will be uploaded soon, but dont worry, there will be enough room left to drive, we are not going to put walls everywhere
[url]http://www.franknaggies.com/24h/rules.php[/url]

The final quali result and server partitioning can be seen here, if you havent noticed the link in the other thread yet:
[url]http://www.franknaggies.com/zt/BasTi/Serveraufteilung_24h.jpg[/url]

Start Test dates are set, and the official layout is online. PLEASE read the rules, which contain important info about the start procedure!

Info:
[url]http://www.franknaggies.com/24h/[/url]

layout:
[url]http://www.franknaggies.com/24h/KY3R_24h.lyt[/url]

Important Rule change:

After the start tests, we are going for a standing start - see this post for details why:
[url]http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=431852#post431852[/url]

You may get the password for the race now:
[url]http://www.franknaggies.com/24h/password.php[/url]

#2 - Nobo
I missed the information that we can have 5 or 6 drivers now, was about to post a 3rd Team. Thats great!
#3 - ORION
Its Highly recommended that you make 2 teams if you can. Not only because of the prices, but also because if one driver has a lot disconnects, only one team loses the time, and the other one doesnt
Well, just ran qual session #2 and I would like to compliment everyone on their driving, with the exception of the fact that several drivers are severely cutting turn 1 (and probably the chicane). They're basically launching all four wheels over the bumps and flying into the right hander. For example:

The rules clearly forbid this, but those doing it were pretty much gloating about it after the fact (unless I was missing a joke). Disappointing.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, just ran qual session #2 and I would like to compliment everyone on their driving, with the exception of the fact that several drivers are severely cutting turn 1 (and probably the chicane). They're basically launching all four wheels over the bumps and flying into the right hander. For example:

The rules clearly forbid this, but those doing it were pretty much gloating about it after the fact (unless I was missing a joke). Disappointing.

It is however, a serious problem. I've watched the replay of WR hotlap, they tend to do the same as you've posted. Therefore that's why so many people are following. No layout has been placed to avoid the cutting is actually quite bad.
In my opinion, anything less than disallowing times by drivers doing this would be ridiculous. That is not racing.
#7 - ORION
for the quali its allowed because its alos hlvc valid
for the race you will not do it anyway because it kills your suspension.
Quote from ORION :for the quali its allowed because its alos hlvc valid
for the race you will not do it anyway because it kills your suspension.

Quote from LFS24h Official at German Forum :If you shortcut your lap will be deleted this is especially significant for the turn from the Oval back to the infield, and the turn/chicane towards the start/finish - straight and turn 1 on the lap.

The rules seem to keep changing. If there is anything else that has changed it would be useful for us to know.

Edit: Ah, I see. The screenshot DeadWolfBones posted is of a ZT car.
#9 - ORION
Well I guess its about what means cutting and shortcutting. What was the date from the post in the German Forum? Because the rules changed indeed, but that is already like 2 weeks ago iirc.

Quali results for now (replays are not checked, so the result isnt official)
http://www.franknaggies.com/zt/BasTi/24h_Qualy.jpg

I will try to make some screenshots and paint some lines in there what is allowed and what isnt
i dont see anything about cutting on the website though.
We have been told a few times on this forum that you can only participate in one qualifying session.

http://lfs.foren.4players.de/viewtopic.php?t=16414

Can you explain this ORION? It seems that the non-German users are really missing out at the moment, with one set of rules for us, and another for those on the German forum.
Quote from ORION :You can participate in as many quali sessions as you want, but still, only one driver per team is allowed!

Just read the posts maybe? its from the first post in ths thread, and I added this early enough. About an hour before the first quali session started...

All the info is here, so I guess its your turn to explain why you didnt read the post
Quote from ORION :Just read the posts maybe? its from the first post in ths thread, and I added this early enough. About an hour before the first quali session started...

All the info is here, so I guess its your turn to explain why you didnt read the post

My mistake, but I think it would be better if you made a post to say when the rules are updated. If people are subscriped to the thread, an edit won't tell them anything.

Regarding the shortcut part though, that clearly states you are not allowed to cut T1 or the other cuttable curbs. That is exactly what the ZT car is doing in the screenshot. Why is this allowed?
Quote from BenjiMC :i dont see anything about cutting on the website though.

Im working on it... I need to ask the other admins because I dont make the decisions here, actually I only wanted to make the website... but now Im doing a lot more... as usual argh!
Quote from joshdifabio :Regarding the shortcut part though, that clearly states you are not allowed to cut T1 or the other cuttable curbs. That is exactly what the ZT car is doing in the screenshot. Why is this allowed?

Note that there is a difference between "cut" and "short cut".
Cut means you drive the turn in a very agresive way, over the curbs or grass for example. Short cut means you sorta leave the turn out, driving in an (almost) straight way for example.

For the quali, cutting is allowed as long as you dont drive through the tyres.
Quote from ORION :Note that there is a difference between "cut" and "short cut".
Cut means you drive the turn in a very agresive way, over the curbs or grass for example. Short cut means you sorta leave the turn out, driving in an (almost) straight way for example.

Thanks for clarifying, ORION. Still, this would have been nice to know so I could have practiced it.

Also, it still seems like bullshit, but I guess I'll go with it.
Quote from ORION :Note that there is a difference between "cut" and "short cut".

Ok, I see. So if on T1 you just drive right over the curbs, but don't touch the grass, that's ok? Same for the chicane at the end of sector 1?
One further clarification, ORION...

Can one driver per car drive per session, or is it a single driver per car per all sessions?
I asked on the German forum, it has to be the same driver but he can drive in all the sessions.
k.

also, does the guy who qualifies the car have to end up on the eventual race squad?
Hah. Tons of practice without cutting = pb 2:33.9

2 laps with cutting = pb 2:32.3

31s should be easy, I guess.
yea the cutting is lame, Im really not a fan of it myself, but the admin team decided to allow it for the quali, so its allowed
I mean, all can do it, so its still fair. And its a lot easier to control which laps are valid and which arent.

Any yes, the driver who drives the quali has to be in the lineup. So, if he cant drive in the race, the team has one member less. So you should chose wisely
Note that you can sign up 6 drivers per team now, so its not really a problem. But note that only teams that drive with 3 or 4 drivers can win the prices
Thanks!
I think this could be interesting for our internationals drivers as well. Orion, perhaps you can put the link in one of your top-posts or the website. I will update it after each session.

E-Z.BasTi, I'm using XRR, please can you change that, my name is N. Dakovic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG