The online racing simulator
#1 - ORION
24Hours Kyoto Long Rev - FREE FOR ALL!
You love LFS and the challenge of endurance races?
You want to prove your team spirit?
You want to be part of the ultimate challenge a racing simulator can offer?
Then there's only one thing to do:

Drive the 24 Hours of Kyoto Long Reverse!
26th and 27th May 2007

We have seen a couple of 24 hour races now, and even one that lasted 25 hours, but there has always been one big disadvantage - None of them was really a global event. In the "official" 24 hours race, there were mostly Germans driving, and the MoE was not really open to anyone.
So, ZT decided to get hold of the rights to arrange the official 24 Hours System anew - from scratch.

We are going to allow many different car classes on a server at once, to keep the challenge at a high level. This has proven to be the best solution in all offical 24 hour races so far. We will try to keep the servers equal (-> there will be as many servers as required to fit all racers in there), so that there isn't one GTR team having to drive slalom around hundreds of XFGs

Car Classes overview:
1. GTR's: XR GTR, FZ50 GTR, FXO GTR
2. N - GTR's: UF GTR, XF GTR
3. LRF's: LX6, FZ50, Raceabout
4. TBO's: XR GT Turbo, RB4 Turbo, FXO Turbo
5. FR's: XF GTi, XR GT

A team can have up to 4 racers, who will move one car.

There will be an overall ranking, and a ranking for each car class. So, if you don't drive the fast GTRs, you can also be the winner - in your class.

ZT will be organizing the whole event, and we hope that it will be HUGE

More info (including a place so sign up) will be announced shortly, so keep your eyes open. Your 24h Admincrew.

[ZT] Chrinaeg
[ZT] ORION
[ZT] Iceman
[ZT] remix

If you have questions or suggestions, want to help by providing servers for example, or whatever - feel free to post

ZT website

SIGN-UP NOW OPEN!
This will be fun. We got some UKCT whacko's ready to drive in it, and if they'd let me, I'd do the entire race alone, or an 8 hour stint alone.
Sounds great.
cool !
That does sound fun, and a great way of keeping it interesting for everybody. Whatever you drive you'll have something happening around you every lap in the other classes, it won't just be a hotlap-fest.

Best of luck with it.
Count me interested
I are certainly interesting, can't find anyone who'll be my friend for the race though...
Are the classes divided up evenly?

For instance:

4 - GTR
4 - N
4 - LRF
4 - TBO
4 - FR

20 Total? Keep in mind, MoE leaves several slots free for driver swaps to be possible, but you also need room for admins and people to control the race... so something like 18 max cars is all you can really do.... safely.

So you'd need to reduce some classes by a few cars to allow for driver swaps.
While this sounds really fun, i dont think i would like to sit in front of a computer for 24 hours. I think ill pass
#10 - MR_B
Ooooh wow, I'll keep an eye on this. I maybe crazy but I'm interested
Quote from Sketchyrollin564 :While this sounds really fun, i dont think i would like to sit in front of a computer for 24 hours. I think ill pass

Lol, of course, you arent driving the whole 24 hours alone.

Its for teams with several drivers.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :This will be fun. We got some UKCT whacko's ready to drive in it, and if they'd let me, I'd do the entire race alone, or an 8 hour stint alone.

i'd love to, but on the 24th i have an 2:15 exam, and on the 4th to the 20th (i think) of June i have my GCSE's, so i'll have to bow out
#13 - SamH
A UKCT contingency will definitely be there though
I think 4 Ignition is interested also...at least i am for now
Quote from Tweaker :Are the classes divided up evenly?

For instance:

4 - GTR
4 - N
4 - LRF
4 - TBO
4 - FR

20 Total? Keep in mind, MoE leaves several slots free for driver swaps to be possible, but you also need room for admins and people to control the race... so something like 18 max cars is all you can really do.... safely.

So you'd need to reduce some classes by a few cars to allow for driver swaps.

That will depend on the amount of teams per car. if there are 3 times more teams in the GTR class, than in the FR one, we cant keep it like this.
The only chance is to deicide that after the signup is closed
a 4 drivers maximum is definitely too less for a 24-hours-race. 4 drivers is OK for a 6-hours-race like team Vitex currently organizes it in germany, but for a 24-hours-race, the maximum number of drivers should be at least six.

Especially for us "rookie"-teams its simply unmasterable to drive 24 hours with only 4 drivers, and if you want to make it free for all, then please also create conditions that allow "rookie"-teams to participate.

EDIT: As announced in the german forums, the race will take part on as much servers as needed, AFAIK.
Wasn't talking about 4 'drivers', was talking about the # of cars for each class

Definitely would need 6 drivers for a 24 hour race
will there be all class in race at same time, or different class drives on different server?

And how many teams per class? I don't won to drive a lone in my class!
Quote from Tweaker :Wasn't talking about 4 'drivers', was talking about the # of cars for each class

Definitely would need 6 drivers for a 24 hour race

You weren't, but ORION did:

Quote from Orion :A team can have up to 4 racers, who will move one car.

And as I already said (and you support me there), 4 drivers is definitely too less for a 24h-race.

EDIT: in the german forums, another one said that 6 drivers should be maximum... I think this 24h-race is well worth an own section in the "events" category, and there, a vote about that issue should take place.
+1 for making it 6 drivers
Few pointers:
- Having the big GTRs and the slow XF/GTs in same race isn't exactly a good decision. The speed difference is huge.
- By having 5 (!) different classes you don't actually have enough people per class. 2 slower one, 1 midfielder and 2 fast drivers. The 5 cars get easily scattered around the track.
- The big GTRs have to do a lot passing and the slowest XF/GTs have blue flags almost all the time.

Quote from Hyperactive :Few pointers:
1 Having the big GTRs and the slow XF/GTs in same race isn't exactly a good decision. The speed difference is huge.
2 By having 5 (!) different classes you don't actually have enough people per class. 2 slower one, 1 midfielder and 2 fast drivers. The 5 cars get easily scattered around the track.
3 The big GTRs have to do a lot passing and the slowest XF/GTs have blue flags almost all the time.

1) As you can read in the first post there have been similar events in the past. As far as I've heard there haven't been any memorable problems.
2) If I understand correctly there will be more than one server, which means that the classes are bigger than the 5 cars you mention.
3) Yeah, and your point is? If you think it will cause a lot of problems: this of course comes down to professionalism of the drivers. If you don't feel like having blue flags all the time, or do a lot of passing... then just don't join this race
Quote from traxxion :1) As you can read in the first post there have been similar events in the past. As far as I've heard there haven't been any memorable problems.
2) If I understand correctly there will be more than one server, which means that the classes are bigger than the 5 cars you mention.
3) Yeah, and your point is? If you think it will cause a lot of problems: this of course comes down to professionalism of the drivers. If you don't feel like having blue flags all the time, or do a lot of passing... then just don't join this race

The multiple server system didn't catch my eye, thanks for forcing me to notice it

Blue flags and slow and fast cars are of course one part of endu racing. I am just a bit unsure how well the speed differences between the big GTRs and slow XFG/XRGs can be dealt on track. But if tt has been done succesfully in the past and with the idea of multiple servers it might work
Well, we have always been driving with 4 racers... but if you want more than 4, we can talk about that aswell
I can't decide that myself though, so I'm gonna post this in the 24 hours admin thread

From my experience, I can say that setting up a team with 6 drivers can be really tricky though, because finding 6 people in one team, than have enough free time for the whole weekend, is really not easy and requires a rather large team. It's rather unlikely that a team that consists of only 6 people can make a 6 racer stong team...
We mostly had 6 drivers for a 4 drivers team, 2 as reserve. We usually decided a few hours before the race start, which drivers were allowed to start.

Yes, we will use multiple servers, as the former organizers of the last 3 24 hour races did. And the traffic was not a problem aswell, also because there were more GTR cars than FR ones.
Specially the night stints benefit from some action on the track (there have indeed been people falling asleep on the straights )
Imo the different car classes are a major part of the longrun feeling, which is about finishing in the first place. This can only be achieved by driving savely, not by hotlapping
wanna race so much.. but cant participate in many races coz I am not in a team.. lol

or well. im a noob that's driven only around 4000km?
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG