The online racing simulator
Driving Test Layout
(12 posts, started )
Driving Test Layout
My girlfriend had about 5 driving lessons last year, but cant afford it now.

There are realistic road driving setups out. I wonder if someone could make some 'driving test' layout?

Ideally what I would like is a parallel park, a reverse into a car park space, a reverse round a corner, a correct-width road for 3 point turn etc...
#2 - CSU1
Honestly, LFS wont really surfice for a real life lesson without a propper envoirment of course, but really why dont you take her for a lesson or two?
i was thinking since i have the trackir so she can look around, it would help with teaching reversing.

also, i can get her do it for a couple of minutes whenever, since the nearest quiet road suitable for teaching these manoevres in my city is almost 10 minutes away.

then i can also start on teaching the oversteer/understeer techniques in safety
I did some driving licence layouts..
Nothing special, a sideways reverse parking(did i said this right), and i did some videos of various parking situations...
I think it can be very useful of learning this in LFS, but preferably with a 900 degree wheel.
My brother got the hang of parking in reverse in LFS, since he has trouble with that in real life..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I did some driving licence layouts..
Nothing special, a sideways reverse parking(did i said this right), and i did some videos of various parking situations...
I think it can be very useful of learning this in LFS, but preferably with a 900 degree wheel.
My brother got the hang of parking in reverse in LFS, since he has trouble with that in real life..

excellent - can you post it in the layouts section and link to it here please?

yes i have the 900 degree DFP so should be rockin'!
Quote from branney :excellent - can you post it in the layouts section and link to it here please?

yes i have the 900 degree DFP so should be rockin'!

Ok, i'll post it when i get home, but basically it is nothing special. The measurements are aproximate, not correct...
It is just a 2 rows of tires for that sideways parking, and a longer two row of tires for going straight and straight in reverse(the first thing you do on a driving licence test here in serbia).
I don't know what is on the driving test in other countries.
Here, first you go straight 20, 30 metters, from first geat to second, then you stop and to that same distance but in reverse gear.
Then you do a U-turn in 3 steps. Going straight, then turning full left, stoping at the line, switching to reverse, doing a full right, and again stoping at the line, and then first gear and full left, and stoping at the line.
After that you do that sideways parking in reverse.
And that's it for the first part of the driving test. It's called polygon test in Serbia.
After that, if you do it right, you do other basic things in the area, like u turn in the crossroad, E brake start on the uphill, and other things..
I have a driving test on friday.. my second time. I hate that, they can say you didn't pass for a things you know you did right..
Take her to an empty carpark after the shops are closed.

No, I didn't mean it like that ¬_¬.
-
(Btoryo) DELETED by Btoryo
Quote from Btoryo :Yes car parks is a brilliant way to learn. I learned how to drive this year and I'm 13 lol. I went to a parking lot with my uncle and learned there.

Nope, sorry, but you youngsters who think that going with family and them letting you drive a car around in a parking lot is learning how to drive, you are wrong. What you are doing is learning a bit on how to make the car move, stop, and turn. Definitely not learning how to drive. It takes a long time to learn how to really drive, that is, more than just making the car move around. Some people never ever completely learn how to drive (ie, need antilock brakes, traction control, and have no idea what to do in certain situations).
Quote from mrodgers :Nope, sorry, but you youngsters who think that going with family and them letting you drive a car around in a parking lot is learning how to drive, you are wrong. What you are doing is learning a bit on how to make the car move, stop, and turn. Definitely not learning how to drive. It takes a long time to learn how to really drive, that is, more than just making the car move around. Some people never ever completely learn how to drive (ie, need antilock brakes, traction control, and have no idea what to do in certain situations).

I learned how to paralel park and how to park a car. I learned how the car feels on the parking lot and larned hot to paralel park near my house. Oh and I came from the Philippines so I kinda knew how to drive a car when I was 6. Lol reminds me that yu can actually drive a go kart in the streets as long as you put a licence plate on it they wont mind lol.
#12 - Davo
Srorry mrodgers driving =/= racing. Most people don't need to brake hard enough for the brakes to lock up. Accidents will always happen and these safety devices are there just in case you have to use them and are perfectly fine for normal onroad use. Just try threshold braking when your freaking out about some car coming straight at you. Saying people can't drive because these assists are there is hypocriticial.

Driving Test Layout
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG