The online racing simulator
'Blackwood Rallycross' released for rFactor
(16 posts, started )
Thread here: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=260126

Track available here: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=LFX%2DRS

I'm really not sure what to make of this. The track doesn't resemble LFS's Blackwood rallycross very much apart from its general layout e.g. crest here, right turn onto dirt here etc. Distances, elevations, track widths, bumps and dips etc are all quite different. The look and feel of the place is quite different too. It looks to these tired old eyes like something out of a console racer. In fact, if I didn't already know that it was supposed to be Blackwood it probably would have taken a while to realize.

I'm a bit surprised that Scavier agreed to this conversion. On the one hand, I suppose it increases LFS's visibility. On the other hand, it isn't a very good representation of the quality of tracks in LFS and I wonder if people who are unfamiliar with LFS might come away with the wrong impression?
#3 - joen
Well, to quote the creator:

Quote :
Its based loosely on the LFS track called Blackwood.

So it's not meant to be an exact replica. I give the author credit for asking Scavier for permission, because if he wouldn't have I don't think there would be much that Scavier could do about it.

I believe Scavier are ok with a conversion for any game, but limited to Blackwood only. At least I remember reading something like that.
netKar Namie had a Blackwood too... wasn't very good version though.
#5 - ajp71
GPL had a conversion of Blackwood S1 rallycross by Madcowie that was supported by the devs in his GPL Rally competition.

EDIT - It's the same guy's work but it doesn't look like a GPL convert.
looks like poo.
#7 - Ian.H
Quote from BuddhaBing :I'm a bit surprised that Scavier agreed to this conversion. On the one hand, I suppose it increases LFS's visibility. On the other hand, it isn't a very good representation of the quality of tracks in LFS and I wonder if people who are unfamiliar with LFS might come away with the wrong impression?

There's no problem with at least, certain conversions anyway.. providing the correct credits to LFS accompany any release

:banana:

While Stu's track isn't exactly BL rally-x (is based on the old S1 layout too but the rally section is different) I did find it quite a hoot to drive in the Audi Quattro. I think it was also originally done for GPL a long time ago

Regards,

Ian
Wow Ian, you've got the XRT lookin real nice in rF now
I bet it feels like racing a car too, and not a snowmobile on an ice rink
Quote from DejaVu :I bet it feels like racing a car too, and not a snowmobile on an ice rink

LOL, if only you knew how driving anything on ice actually feels
you've got to give it to the guy for the effort. Ok so it doesnt look like Bl in lfs but nevertheless its a good attempt. I know people in Rf will be satisfied as they dont usually have high standarts for mods :P which kinda relates back to the McLaren f1 topic discussion in the general talk section...

mad
Thanks, MAGGOT.. it's getting there now

Deja.. the handling's still being worked on but I think it handles pretty well.. can easily lose it if abused but will keep you on the black stuff if treated respectfully. I added a turbo upgrade too (bit more torque and about 10-15mph extra right at the top end and needs a looooong straight to really be noticable) which makes things interesting as neither option fit all tracks well. Optional tyre compounds will come too.. including a set of "knobblies" for Stu's rally-x tracks.

If anyone's interested, I threw together a small video of the XRT at GrandValley Speedway. I'm no video expert, so excuse the amateurish attempt

Power on sounds need to be a bit more throaty too to match the backpressure on lift off.. but still lots to learn

Regards,

Ian
wow Ian... you made that car? Damn. That looks good!

You really shouldn't have posted it tho dude. Because if LFS becomes moddable, I'm going to be bothering you all the time for help
(I want GTA cars and Fat '50's cars )
uhh anyways, good work on that!

I think it was really cool of the devs to let this guy do this, most ppl wouldn't
be so happy about something like that.
Also, not ever playing rFactor, it tells me something when somebody mods
a LFS track for it
Hi Racer..

It's the XRT from LFS.. I took the scene I built to do renders and did all the bits and pieces (mesh smoothing, materials, filling in things like the engine and detaching the bonnet for damage and new wheels) and fumbled about and got it in rFactor as a test project (started before xmas) mainly to try and learn the materials etc while I got better at modeling... but you're right, the LFS devs are cool! as they have no problems with the conversion and there'll be plenty of LFS bits and pieces in the release along with the readme.. such as the default windscreen stickers, number plates etc

I hope one day that LFS does become modable and right there with ya on car choices too.. I like the older classics.. some old 50s / 60s street rods would be cool too along with some big old "tanks". Would love to see a decent US muscle car type mod / game

Regards,

Ian
Looks great Ian, nice work

If you ever need a tester.... Hehe.
Quote from Ian.H :There's no problem with at least, certain conversions anyway.. providing the correct credits to LFS accompany any release

http://www.modmunkees.org/tmp/screenshots/GRAB_098.jpg

:banana:

While Stu's track isn't exactly BL rally-x (is based on the old S1 layout too but the rally section is different) I did find it quite a hoot to drive in the Audi Quattro. I think it was also originally done for GPL a long time ago

Regards,

Ian

omg i need to drive that car in RF :P send the mod or whatever it is :P have the full version RF:lovies3d:

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG