The online racing simulator
Game controlling using potentiometer and buttons
Hello

At first place im gonna excuse you for my english. I hope you will understand me

So, im creating electronical board where i will place a potentiometer and buttons, to control a steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal. Till now ive placed on my board speedometer and LEDs. LEDs are saying me which gear is on. My project is based on this: http://sprae.jogger.pl/2012/01 ... ino-cz-2-predkosciomierz/

My speedometer is exactly the same as this one in linked project. To verify my acquired knowledge ive made few LEDs on board. Both of these examples are made to represente data from game outside the computer, and now im trying to create my own contollers.

And know my question is: how to get start with this? Im not asking for step by step instructions, but maybe there is a thread where someone was making something like this? I just must know how to begin with this, because i have no idea how.

btw. Im not intrested in ready controllers like buyable steering wheel, or some pads. My main purpose is to learn electronics in cooperation with computer, and the LFS is for me just a tool to achieve my learning goals.

Sorry for my english again. Hope you will understand me
Xsim forums has some discussion on this.

Game controlling using potentiometer and buttons
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG