The online racing simulator
#1 - bavor
G27 shifter problem - Fixed!
I purchased a new G27 yesterday. I haven't been able to get the H shifter to work in LFS. When I go to controls and select shifter, I can move the shifter through the gears and it does correctly indicate each gear in the controls screen. Also, the clutch pedal works correctly according to the controls screen.

When I actually get to the track, the shifter doesn't work at all. The car starts out in neutral and I press in the clutch and move the shifter into a gear and it doesn't indicate or act like its in the gear and the dashbaord still shows that its in neutral.

I can press the clutch pedal, move the shifter itn a gear, and release the clutch pedal and it still indicated neutral and acts like its in neutral.

I did a search and can't find anyone with a similar problem. Why should it work fine in the controls screen and not work on track?
Have you set it up in the control menu yet?
#3 - troy
Are you in H-Shifting mode? Go to your Driver profile page in the Options, set it to H-Shift in case it isn't. You can also switch modes with "shift+g".
#4 - bavor
After some more experimenting, the only way I can get the H shifter to work is if I turn on autoclutch in the driver profile.

It is set up in the control menu and in the driver profile for an H shifter.
#5 - troy
Sounds like your clutch doesn't actually clutch, did you double check all the axes in the control options?

#6 - bavor
Quote from troy :Sounds like your clutch doesn't actually clutch, did you double check all the axes in the control options?

The clutch pedal works correctly according to the controls screen. I can see the axis moving thwn I press the clutch pedal.
You probably have the clutch inverted. When you press the clutch pedal, the blue bar should rise, not shrink.
#8 - bavor
Quote from AndroidXP :You probably have the clutch inverted. When you press the clutch pedal, the blue bar should rise, not shrink.

I tried both Invert0 and Invert1 for the clutch axis setting in LFS. Neither made any difference.
But you do see the blue bar in the lower right corner rising when pressing the clutch? And the red and green bars for brake and throttle, respectively?

On the shifter tab (right of "Axes / FF"), all gears are correctly assigned? And you're also testing this on a car that has an H-gate shifter (any of the normal road cars)?
Quote from AndroidXP :
But you do see the blue bar in the lower right corner rising when pressing the clutch? And the red and green bars for brake and throttle, respectively?

The correct blue bars for all three get bigger when I press down the gas, brake, and clutch pedals. At the bottom of the screen, the red bar and blue bar for the brake and gas also show up correctly.

Quote from AndroidXP :
On the shifter tab (right of "Axes / FF"), all gears are correctly assigned? And you're also testing this on a car that has an H-gate shifter (any of the normal road cars)?

All the gears are correctly assigned on the shifter tab.

I'm trying the shifter with XR GT and the XF GTI

I also verified the clutch and shifter work correctly in another racing sim.
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I got it to work by upgrading from Z to Z25. I'm pretty sure other drivers used the G27 wheel with the Z version, so I don't knopw why the upgrade made a difference.
Probably because Z didn't have G27 support. I've never played the G27 on Z, because i always keep up to date. as long as you do that there is no problem.
I'm pretty sure LFS doesn't have any support for specific devices built in, it is just using DirectX to read the values from whatever axes and buttons the device has.

However, LFS does include some default settings for the G25 and now probably also for the G27, making those controllers work out of the box rather than having to set up everything correctly. I think it just wasn't set up right previously, though it's hard to find this out via remote troubleshooting.

G27 shifter problem - Fixed!
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG