The online racing simulator
LFS_ Sunroofs - Real Sunroof
(202 posts, started )
It's a little off centre and perhapse a slightly bit too big. But otherwise the trim looks really nice. This could go further on.
it doesnt work

doi also need a special XRT skin or something?
just put into skins dds folder,and load a new skin ingame(make new colour)
fender vents
I used the same technique for making a sunroof, and applied it to the fender to make see through vents!!!
Attached images
vents.jpg
Quote from luathas :I used the same technique for making a sunroof, and applied it to the fender to make see through vents!!!

Ooh, I like those, nice work.
Quote from luathas :I used the same technique for making a sunroof, and applied it to the fender to make see through vents!!!

omg thats cool!
I wonder if you can make a transparent hood to see the engine. Oh wait...
Very nice work Luathas. Is there a way you can reduce the jaggies in it?

O/T: Does anyone know where you can get the windshields with the tint at the top like this:

End O/T
Yeah, I'm not happy with the "jaggies" either, but I can't seem to get rid of them

The only way to get rid of the "jaggies" is to make sure any vent cutouts are in a straight line, and not at an angle...
Attached images
see through vents.jpg
fender cut out
Now I'm finally able to make those fender cut outs like those on an Audi DTM racecar
Attached images
Audi DTM real.jpg
Audi DTM.jpg

:WOW: That look so NICE!!

Make it public!
really cool
Sick.
Cool , and the learning

This will make the vents
This is the next level of skin design. Just wait for Eric to start designing the engine and inner parts of the car. It will be the SICKKEST SICKNNESS of the Sicking SICK. Just sick.
Quote from luathas :Now I'm finally able to make those fender cut outs like those on an Audi DTM racecar

What's that? Looks strange in the game
Awesome guys!
-
(Timdpr) DELETED by Timdpr
good job
Does others see these too when playing online?

REAL NICE :auto:
T roof!!!
How about a T-roof a la Smokey and the Bandit...
Attached images
Bandit.jpg
Bandit 2.jpg
-
(JO53PHS) DELETED by JO53PHS
LOL Great stuff mister luathas!

Thats sweet mate !! , sad there is no engine under the hood ...
Quote from luathas :How about a T-roof a la Smokey and the Bandit...

Can u explain to me step by step how i can make my own?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :good job

I don't know but it can be possible
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :good job

If they have the same SkinNameALPHA.dds file in their skins_dds folder they WILL see the same effect. Other players without the file will see the default (skin not found skin) or whatever JPG was uploaded to LFSworld.

To see them the other players have to download the SkinNameALPHA.dds file manually. They are a skin so all their other skins/cars will not be effected.

However there is a side effect. You know that period of time when you are driving and your LFS hasn't loaded another car's skin into memory and all you see is a blank skin? Well unfortnuately if your using an XXX___ALPHA.dds skin your car is invisible in this moment until the other player's LFS loads the default skin or what-ever was uploaded into memory. They will see this side-effect for a brief moment until they pit/spec or stop their car for a few seconds.

Totally sucks because this means the devs will probably disallow XXX___ALPHA skins to be used to remove the glitch.
Attached images
33epmo1.jpg
It's a shame that nobody got the ALPHA thing idea yet

So congratulations for the find!

LFS_ Sunroofs - Real Sunroof
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG