The online racing simulator
BEST editor
(13 posts, started )
BEST editor
Ok so I've made a few skins now using different editors (Gimp2 and...MSpaint) and I'm wondering what editor would be best for working on all file types. I've heard of people using photoshop, illustator, etc...

Gimp is ok, but cannot handle some of the file types i sometimes come across. Also it doesn't have basic tools like for making lines and shapes, so I've been using both MSpaint and Gimp.

Eh...help me out.
What filetypes can't the GIMP open?

I'm willing to bet that it does have the tools to create lines and shapes, you just don't know how to use them. Find some basic tutorials and you'll be able to do away with paint forever.

Personally I use Photoshop. Been using it for years.
Quote from MAGGOT :What filetypes can't the GIMP open?

I'm willing to bet that it does have the tools to create lines and shapes, you just don't know how to use them. Find some basic tutorials and you'll be able to do away with paint forever.

Personally I use Photoshop. Been using it for years.

Say I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X and it is easy to find the right tool for the job. I tried Photoshop 9 but had trouble finding basic tools, I know it was all my bad but is Photoshop better than Corel Maggot... If so I thing I'll go back to it and learn it more... What you think.???
#4 - Gunn
No one single program will handle the full capabilities of every graphics file format.

To fully utilise vector information in .EPS and .AI files you will need a program like Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw. Other programs may be able to handle these files but not take advantage of all of the information in the format.
.SVG is a vector format now gaining some support but is still not well supported. The few graphics programs that currently support the .SVG format feature very poor cross-compatibility with mainstream graphics software.

DDS support is still via plugin for most of the big name graphics software titles. This is likely to change over the next two years as the DDS file format is being more widely used all the time.

PSD is supported by most major titles including its native Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro (recently purchased by Corel), and Corel Photopaint (Corel's paint program, an equivalent and rival of Adobe Photoshop).

The most useful paint (image manipulation) programs are probably Adobe Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro now produced by Corel Corp. Both of these support PSD files and most common file formats. They should handle dds files directly after installing the correct plugin and have basic support for handling eps files.
Corel Photopaint is also a heavy-weight contender in this category but unfortunately does not yet have a plugin for dds support. It will also handle PSD and EPS.

I don't use The Gimp, but many people do and seem happy with it. Perhaps it isn't cross-compatible enough with these other mainstream titles to be completely versatile?
Free Program
Do you guys know any free skin edit programs that is good ?
gimp i think.Anyway photoshop FTW
i use gimp and mspaint ? gimp opens it all else paint will
paint.net can open DDS and paintshoppro 7 works well aswell.
Corel Paint Shop Pro X
I've been using Paint.NET to make a skin for the LX4 that I will use frequently when i get my S2 license. So far I have downloaded plugins for DDS and PSD files, and its been working great for me. It's also user friendly, theres a few things you need to get used to but once you do it easy to use.
#11 - NIKM
photoshop end ilustrator
Firstly, you bumped this thread to post something that has little relevance to the original post.

Secondly, its against the rules to ask for someone to upload a skin to LFS World If you are a demo user.
He's Demo ain't he?
Not only did NIKM want an S2 user to upload a skin to LFSWORLD, but also that is an S2 skin ain't it? And he said he made it. NIKM, if you are a Legit Demo user, it would be best to make skins only for Demo cars. Otherwise you may risk people thinking wrong about you. Just my 2 cent.

Seeing as I'm here and the post is already bumped, If you want a free photo editor, I only know of the 2. Gimp and Paint.net. I'd say Paint.net is the easiest to use, whilst Gimp is more of a powerful product (more options and effects). For paid programs, I would go with Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop. Same again, Paint Shop Pro is the easier product, whereas Photoshop is the Professional version.

BEST editor
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG