The online racing simulator
Minimum PC requirements
(50 posts, started )
hi,

Well in my constant struggle to increase fps in online gaming i just discovered something new...but don't exactly know how to go about implementing it......for racers like me and a few above with outdated systems...i dont think it is necessary that the game be all that pretty looking....other than low res. and LOD settings...it is also highly unnecessary for some .dds files like the trees,bushes,ads,banners,caravan etc to load....what i cld best do here is delete these files....but then i get many many of these annoying msgs,,,"cld not load filename.dds"....is there no way i cld disable these...???? The other thing i could do is replace these with plain grey or white pictures...but that kinda feels weird.
I once had LFS running on a P2 466MHz box with 128MB RAM and an ATI Radeon 9200SE. I could only have one car active, otherwise the frame rate would drop to about 2 or 3, but when I was driving alone I got 8-10 frames out of it.
-
Im Gay AND SO ARE YOU! (CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
I dont have a graphics card so it dont matter but i get from 10 - 30 fps on low res high res it doesnt work

Wow its been a long time i didnt realise the date the last post was
Lol
Did I miss something?
Quote from Some dark random dude :I dont have a graphics card so it dont matter but i get from 10 - 30 fps on low res high res it doesnt work

Wow its been a long time i didnt realise the date the last post was

Buy a graphics card. No more to say...
Quote from G!NhO :yes you did, i just saw a car running past my house

Running?! Holy moly! Did you videotape that?!

Edit: I got 3ghz Pentium (yea yea I know), 1gb memory and 512mb videocard. Runs at 90+ fps with highest settings. With fraps on it drops to 60, that`s what I`ve set Fraps to.
Quote from Töki (HUN) ::slap:

you wanna know what car?....................................it was an racy E30 with flashing headlights
my pc is

Pentium 3 450mhz
Ram 512
Video 32
Win xp

why in multiplayer i dont log but when i drive in multiplayer with other players i lag?
Quote from Rockstarinsh :my pc is

Pentium 3 450mhz
Ram 512
Video 32
Win xp

why in multiplayer i dont log but when i drive in multiplayer with other players i lag?

You have a 32mb video card. Theres your problem.
Quote from Rockstarinsh :why in multiplayer i dont log but when i drive in multiplayer with other players i lag?

Lag is caused by a slow/bad internet connection.
Will lfs run on intel atom with 1gb of ram???
Quote from Weasal167 :Will lfs run on intel atom with 1gb of ram???

Yes it runs on the Netbooks Asus, Acer, HP and all those

I play LFS on mt Aspire One at times but the fps is low & online play is laggy.

Its definitely a compromise but it will still run.
Quote from The Moose :Lag is caused by a slow/bad internet connection.

Thats connection lag, game lag is caused by slow CPU's or small graphics cards.
Yes, you can play.
Quote from asx2903 :Hey LFS player
My Computer Is A Windows 7 32bit
CPU Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz.
Video card A ATI Radeon x800 series 256mb
Ram 2,00 GB.

PLZ answer fast

download the demo and try.
lfs plays fine on netbboks i have the asus eee pc 1008ha (saves on typing the specs) and if i do a Shift+f in game and it does not show the cars/shadows then you get a good 30-40 fps out of the game even with other connections or people in the grid. oh and i have played lfs on slow computers before. once i was installing a new juke box in a pub (you know them computers the charge you too much to play stupid music) and the old one in the had really horrible specs (can not remember) but it played lfs at a amazing fps it was 1fps ye it was amazing i think i spent more time seting it up then i did playing the game its self.
Quote from asx2903 :Hey i have test My computer and i have 200FPS in single player and about 70-130 fps multi player so is good

Lol are you just making fun of us who don't have a nice computer
you dont even need to spend a lot on your computer to get over 100 fps on LFS, so why whine?
Quote from asx2903 :Hey i have test My computer and i have 200FPS in single player and about 70-130 fps multi player so is good

Quote from tbofram :Lol are you just making fun of us who don't have a nice computer

No, he asked above (in post 45) whether he'd be able to run LFS with his given specs. Now he's posting saying he can.
i get a consistent 60 FPS with v sync on and bloom mod max everything and 19 AI cars.

So ha
Quote from amp88 :No, he asked above (in post 45) whether he'd be able to run LFS with his given specs. Now he's posting saying he can.

i know i saw it i was just saying

and

@nikopdr you dont even need to spend a lot on your computer to get over 100 fps on LFS, so why whine?

i know you dont need to spend much on getting a good computer. i just dont have funding for buying one. i invested lots in buying servers for my company. but yes a nice computer would be nice
#50 - 65D
Intel® Core™ i3-330M @ 2,13Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M @ 1GB-DDR3
3072 MB DDR3-SDRAM (Maybe someday I buy more and get it up to 4GB or 6GB)

1366x768
AA x8
AF x16
+25 cars

South City start > 45FPS
Regardless of any other situation/track/view > 60FPS - 200FPS

I bought my computer for 599 € (£509 / $813).
Usually this kind of components in laptop costs like 750-850 € (£638-£723 / $1018-$1153) here in Finland. But I don't complain. :thumb3d:

Minimum PC requirements
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG