The online racing simulator
Grand Touring Cup Series - Fall 2007 Season - Info & Results

The next premier racing series is upon us: the Grand Touring Series!
We will be racing GTRs in eight, hour-long races, with features common in touring series, like two mandatory pitstops and squad championships!

Registration is now open for this series, tentatively scheduled to begin on August 23, 2007.

Please review the CT Cup rules: http://www.lfs-lota.net/index. ... ;sa=series;sr=rules;id=20

Register for the series here: http://www.lfs-lota.net/index. ... =series;sr=register;id=20

Squad registration will begin soon!

Also, to get you ready for this series, LOTA will stage a warm-up race on August 9, 2007.
For information, please visit here: http://www.lfs-lota.net/index.php?topic=699.0
w00t! Time to get slaughtered in my XRR.
This will be sweet, can't wait to see cut my feet in the LOTA!
-
(srdsprinter) DELETED by srdsprinter : lota exclusion policy
Unfortunately, League of the Americas means only people in North and South America can register, Niko.
lol...
so the limit to the registration is 60 drivers? or is there a date?
Registration is open as long as the series runs. The series limit is 60. We have 25 registered so far. When we get to 31, we'll split into 2 servers.
With a little more than two weeks remaining until the season start, we have 28 drivers registered. Plenty of spots open, as we have allocated two servers for this series.

Also, squad declaration is beginning (albeit on the forums until the automated functionality of the RLM is completed).
is registration still open
i'm sure i'll get spanked, but i'm in nonetheless.
Quote from J Myster :is registration still open

It is, but the Grand Touring Cup is limited to drivers that connect from within the Western Hemisphere.

Quote from evilgeek :i'm sure i'll get spanked, but i'm in nonetheless.

w00t! Good to see you with us Geek!

We now have 35 drivers registered. If we get one more registrant, we'll expand the series to two servers!
WarmUp Race #1 Results
Qualifying Results:

Qualifying Replay HERE

Qual Stats: HERE

Feature Results:

Feature Replay HERE

Stats: HERE
GTC ballast test

In order to test the effect of weight penalties in a series environment we'd like to invite all who have subscribed to GTC to join a second test event.

This test event will be held Thursday, August 16 starting at 9:30PM EST. There will be no TNT.
* Track: WE1R (Westhill International Reverse)
* 20 minute qualify (NOTE: the qualification is done without the weight penalties!)
* 1 hour race

We have chosen to implement and test the following setting (official WTCC settings):
1st: +20kg
2nd: +15kg
3rd: +10kg
4th: +10kg
5th: +10kg
6th: + 5kg
7th: + 5kg
8th: + 5kg

To test the additional weight ballast, we'd like to ask the top 8 of the warm up race to race with the current weight penalties:
1 CoRe.Forbin +20kg
2 CoRe.RacinJason +15kg
3 [FG] Burnsy +10kg
4 CoRe.CWMAX +10kg
5 CoRe.BigTime +10kg
6 CoRe.brian +5kg
7 |||Stu +5kg
8 IIIPJWon63 +5kg

In order to set the additional weight ballast go to garage, INFO-tab and adjust the Voluntary added mass to the default weight penalty (+80kg for FZR, +30KG for the XRR and 0kg for the FXR) + your weight penalty. Meaning Forbin (FZR) has to set his voluntary mass to 100kg, Jason (XRR) to 45kg, Burns (FXR) +10kg, CW (FXR) +10kg, Bigtime (XRR) +40kg, Brian (XRR) +35kg, Stu (FZR) +85kg, PJ (FXR) +5kg.
BALLAST TEST RACE

Qualifying Results:

Qualifying Replay HERE

Qualifying statistics HERE

Feature Results:

Feature Replay HERE

Feature statistics HERE

Feature LapTimes HERE
Currently we have 39 sign ups for this event. Based on 2 servers we have room for an additional 21 racers. See www.lfs-lota.net for more info!
Hey fellow Americans! (and I mean all of North America...)

I'm debating, debating, debating....

Sheesh, I haven't done a league since I ran with the very few of you in NASRL way back when. Though we showed those GTR/GTL guys what it's all about, eh?

I'm heading on the forum to read up and see if I want to sign up. Hope it's not too late with the first race set in a few days.... The only thing keeping me away is the hour long race starting at 10 PM. I like to be heading to bed at 10:30 (old age gettin to me, know what I mean ) but I end up staying on longer than that anyways.

Maybe I'll c-yaz all there .
Given the sign up list, I bet you won your debate

Welcome back!
Including yesterdays sign ups we now have 41 active racers for the upcomming Grand Touring Cup. As a reminder the first official race will be held this thurday at 9.30PM EST.
This means you still have enough time to prepare, if you're still in doubt of joining this league.

Again, if you are interested in joining this league, visit: www.lfs-lota.net for more info!
I just signed up. Privateer backmarker #80

Just finishing the race will be a good result for me.
Quote from Cargo :I just signed up. Privateer backmarker #80

Just finishing the race will be a good result for me.

Including Cargo's signup we now have 43 drivers registered racers for the Fall 2007 season. Still 17 places open for those who want to join (hint, hint)!

Btw do have your buddy sign up too, as part of the grand touring cup is a special squad championship!!

See www.lota-lfs.net for more info!
from the PB's listed so far, it looks like competition in the mid-field will be just as intense as at the front of the pack. i can hardly wait!
Word. The times look tight, I just wish I was little faster to be able to utilize the FZR's speed advantage over those pesky FXRs!

23 cars within 2 seconds, btw.
Quote from srdsprinter :Word. The times look tight, I just wish I was little faster to be able to utilize the FZR's speed advantage over those pesky FXRs!

23 cars within 2 seconds, btw.

Those times are unrestricted PB's, so think how tight things will be when the Championship Balancing System comes into play.
Hot and Heavy, I'm already in a cold sweat envisioning T1-T4...
Even more reason to come into the LOTA or CoRe server in the days leading to the races, since we have been doing several 15+ car races over the last few days. Went into T1 last night with DWB and PJWon63 (I think) and everything was fine through T1.
When do you guys usually start racing? Ive been on a few times with just qualifying going on.

Edit, its not going to be the same until you get 27-29 people all diving down in there when series points are on the line.

Grand Touring Cup Series - Fall 2007 Season - Info & Results
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG