The online racing simulator
VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
Well no Xmas pressies this time, but I hope it´s worth the waiting. Nevertheless the setup thingy sounds interesting.
Quote from RS1T :Where does all our money go? Thousands of people have S2 licences, and that means you have hundreds of thousands of pounds to spend on licensing. I want to see more cars and more improvements, less bad news and less delays

Divide the income to three devs and minus taxes... they're not millionaires.
Oh bad news, but ok, what we can do?
#29 - RS1T
Quote from lovretta :I'm very glad to hear that it would be "locked" setup-wise. Close racing guaranteed! + this is the only way it is going to be representation of real scirocco.

that is not good news, that is shit. If there was a scirocco cup in real life then of course all the drivers would be able to tune the suspension . This is bullshit
Take as much time as you want, I won't complain. I know you would not delay it without a very good reason. Good luck Scawen!
WHAT? You gotta be kidding??!! Now I had a reason to buy this weird game !! Now they cancel it. OMG, Hire more game makers then it'll go faster. Djeezes, anyway, any more delays and I explode ! About the setups for VW Scirroco: How you mean only stupid road going setups??!! I wanted a nice low riding VW finally in the game, NOW THEY DO THAT??!! OMG, this is terrible, time to search for another game or make my own, got enough connections. Have fun with this weird game, i'm out, may this game rest in pieces.
Does that mean that there will be more content and improvments in the next patch than in the Test patches?
I am thinking about FZ and FX interiors for exemple...
Quote from RS1T :I am annoyed. I spend 24 pounds on LFS (which is a good game) but it is NOT worth the money of an other game like GRID etc. The graphics are so much better, it is so much more detailed and there are hundreds of licenced cars. Where does all our money go? Thousands of people have S2 licences, and that means you have hundreds of thousands of pounds to spend on licensing. I want to see more cars and more improvements, less bad news and less delays

I was just about to make a skin and a new interior for the VWS, but when i read this i cant be arsed anymore

great job guys

Wow...

You try making a game comparable to GRID with a 3 man team and a fraction of the budget.
#34 - RS1T
Quote from deggis :Divide the income to three devs and minus taxes... they're not millionaires.

if i knew that my 24 pounds was paying the dev's salaries and not towards the development of the game, then i would not have bought s2. Also many users are from europe where VAT is a LOT less than in the UK...they have no excuse for charging so much for an unfinished product
Quote from Gnomie :I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

I love the idea of limited setups! That will be very interestin indeed.

Indeed!
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :WHAT? You gotta be kidding??!! Now I had a reason to buy this weird game !! Now they cancel it. OMG, Hire more game makers then it'll go faster. Djeezes, anyway, any more delays and I explode ! About the setups for VW Scirroco: How you mean only stupid road going setups??!! I wanted a nice low riding VW finally in the game, NOW THEY DO THAT??!! OMG, this is terrible, time to search for another game or make my own, got enough connections. Have fun with this weird game, i'm out, may this game rest in pieces.

Good riddance. You haven't even got s2 you plonker.
So, even if the VWS wont be released friday. Will there still patch 0.6A released with tweaks and improvements?

Now, I'm making some advantage of the new ABS included
#38 - RS1T
Quote from GTA_Racer07 :WHAT? You gotta be kidding??!! Now I had a reason to buy this weird game !! Now they cancel it. OMG, Hire more game makers then it'll go faster. Djeezes, anyway, any more delays and I explode ! About the setups for VW Scirroco: How you mean only stupid road going setups??!! I wanted a nice low riding VW finally in the game, NOW THEY DO THAT??!! OMG, this is terrible, time to search for another game or make my own, got enough connections. Have fun with this weird game, i'm out, may this game rest in pieces.

agreed

erm they didnt cancel it.

They just postponed it to make sure the car is perfect for its final release.

Trust me, when its out, Its will be better than if they released it now
Quote from RS1T :...they have no excuse for charging so much for an unfinished product

LOL

You agreed to pay, so why blame them?
maybe give us Z6 patch with vws - test version as a gitf for a christmas

jesus, how come you even think about complaining?
however, the community doesnt need some weirdo like you.
ciao
Newsflash fellas, It says on the website that lfs isn't complete. If you buy a half finished product, you end up with one. There's no quarantee of anything IIRC. I don't personally feel betrayed by the devs since I have known that from the beginning.
Quote from wartek :maybe give us Z6 patch with vws - test version as a gitf for a christmas

It's NOT finished so they can't release it.
Quote from RS1T :that is not good news, that is shit. If there was a scirocco cup in real life then of course all the drivers would be able to tune the suspension . This is bullshit

Well, the car simulated in LFS isn't any sort of Scirocco Cup Car isn't it?
It's ordinary VW Scirocco which anyone can buy, and it doesn't have adjustable suspension.
Quote from RS1T :if i knew that my 24 pounds was paying the dev's salaries and not towards the development of the game, then i would not have bought s2. Also many users are from europe where VAT is a LOT less than in the UK...they have no excuse for charging so much for an unfinished product

You get far more than in most finished products. The fact that they continue to develop this is a bonus from my point of view. Please just don't post if you haven't got anything intelligent to say.
Posting to show my support. These things happen, and a quality end product is more important.
im sad now

but i think when you guys finally made it (thinking about the fxr / fzr interior) + The VW i will never play any other game then LFS

you guys are great i wish you good luck for your work you will make it
Would rather it was delayed for a month or 2, and when we get it its brilliant, rather than getting it this week and it feels like "bum gravy" to drive.

Oh, and GTA_Racer07. Thanks for your valuable (Read : Crap) contribution. Why don't you make your own game if you want no delays, then you can get what you want.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco postponed
(607 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG