The online racing simulator
Hi there Scawen and the good ol' community
now that Scawen is here and seems very determined to get this game back alive i would have a few humble suggestions.

Connection

LFS should demand more internet connection, so online experience will be smoother and replays will be smooth as well. I'd try making a LFS video but with this kind of replays the wheel in onboard shots look weird and laggy even though in reality its not how the sim is.

Reaction Times

a list of the reaction times shown just after the green light is on. might be top 5 for each race. would be interesting to see the reflexes of the racers at the start of every race. and if its not on somewhere already, Scawen can take the patent of this i hold no credits just like the ghost car.

Hotlapping

Should be done with restricted view. Probably Force Cockpit. And Forces mode(activated with F while in the car) should not be allowed. So that we will not see people doing laptimes with their tyres ridiculously close to the grass. because after the tyre update all the hotlaps will be reset, i am really hoping Scawen does this.

also in races forces view should not be allowed. yes, after 1.5 years i still think the same way, now i have more experience and i am under a second close to the ridiculous WR of blackwood-fbm. i am always talking to the guys in the server and there are amazingly fast guys simply saying that they are using forces view.
Oh,now I remember you - you're the force mode dude! Where have you been? We haven't had that much lough for a while...
Quote from Eclipsed :Oh,now I remember you - you're the force mode dude! Where have you been? We haven't had that much lough for a while...

you didnt seem like you were having fun back then i hope you can actually have fun this time
Connection I agree could be smoother.
I don't care much for replay smoothness and that can always be smoothed out of the data there already is but the racing experience per default could be with more updates. I guess servers do not boost it to the max? And use the default of half of max? Maybe I'm wrong.
It eats server bandwidth that's for sure.

Reaction times, maybe from Insim?

Hotlapping, you don't need the Forces view, you just learn how close you can go and at that fast pace you probably don't have the time to look where your tires go. Good point though. Views, I think everybody uses something that suits them and their setup, I use cockpit but those with a wheel or projector might prefer some specific screen setup without cockpit and a with a custom position.
Wrong area even if you want it to be read, but for my understanding, structures are there to keep everything in order, to prevent it to become a mess: Improvement suggestions into improvement suggestions area. Why should your impovement suggestions be more important then mine, for example?
Quote from Eclipsed :Oh,now I remember you - you're the force mode dude! Where have you been? We haven't had that much lough for a while...

Do you mean that legendary Force Mode? I think it has a thread even about it.

EDIT: I think it was about the pressing F ( Force ) makes your car go faster in LFS .
I do not for the sake of trolling, but...
New track +1000 people's online.
3D +10 people's online.
This is the truth.
...but, Scawen is Developer!

Translated with God's help.
Something that could be done is to apply lerp (linear interpolation) to the replays so it blends over between the updates. (only optional in replay mode though or it would mess with collisions and multiplayer performance)
It wouldn't be 100% accurate, but it would be smooth.
Quote from pärtan :Something that could be done is to apply lerp (linear interpolation) to the replays so it blends over between the updates. (only optional in replay mode though or it would mess with collisions and multiplayer performance)
It wouldn't be 100% accurate, but it would be smooth.

Car position are already interpolated during online games.

In a replay you know the next position, so you don't have to make a prediction, you know for sure the interpolated position at any time.
Scawen never answered when this got suggested in the past, but I think we all agree that having a steeringwheel that does not jump all over the place would be cool hehe
There is one post from the Test Patch 0.6A1 thread:
Quote from Scawen :There is a way to interpolate a car's movement smoothly from where your computer did think it was going to be, to where it now thinks it is going to be. So you can avoid the apparent small glitches but the other cars still do little strange sliding motions instead. And I've got another possible way to improve the prediction from your computer so it can make a better estimate of how many packets it needs to send for your car, so minimising the error between position packets. I'm interested to give that a go one day but it's a big bit of work and will not be in this patch.

This patch is not for improving any aspects of LFS that have not already been done in this test patch. It will be as it is now but with the bugs fixed.

Quote from Silverracer :Of course; here it is. Laugh away!

Oh yeah! Thanks haha!

It is even more funny to read whole posts afterwards, how people including me tries to tell the facts as they are

Yeah I cracked myself up
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Oh yeah! Thanks haha!

It is even more funny to read whole posts afterwards, how people including me tries to tell the facts as they are

Yeah I cracked myself up

look, listen, i know you are capable of understanding; instead of making jokes, look at the facts;

do you remember, in my first post some time ago that l@gger said he was using it and he was pretty good at it.

do you know how many people i ask in demo servers if they use the forces view or not, to get mostly positive answers?

do you know how many people are playing in force cockpit mode servers and how many in servers with free view? former being zero people.

now that after this moment to combat your stupid jokes i will start getting proofs from servers. not that i say YOU are using forces mode, you might not. but there are other people who are killing the realism and getting advantage.

from this day forward i'll start asking and getting answers from the players.
I'm using follow view and that helped me to win LFSCART Series champion title. Ban me!
Chicaka!
Quote from S.E.T.H :look, listen, i know you are capable of understanding; instead of making jokes, look at the facts;

do you remember, in my first post some time ago that l@gger said he was using it and he was pretty good at it.

do you know how many people i ask in demo servers if they use the forces view or not, to get mostly positive answers?

do you know how many people are playing in force cockpit mode servers and how many in servers with free view? former being zero people.

now that after this moment to combat your stupid jokes i will start getting proofs from servers. not that i say YOU are using forces mode, you might not. but there are other people who are killing the realism and getting advantage.

from this day forward i'll start asking and getting answers from the players.

You are not the guy who is enough worth of me to tell any facts

but yes you are right about what you mean. Still, not enough.

The point is that the whole thread is fun to read regardless of anything else
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :You are not the guy who is enough worth of me to tell any facts

but yes you are right about what you mean. Still, not enough.

The point is that the whole thread is fun to read regardless of anything else

you worth of me what? pfff, funny guy. no chance. better learn english so you will have something to say.

Quote from Eclipsed :I'm using follow view and that helped me to win LFSCART Series champion title. Ban me!
Chicaka!

its not about banning, its about sending a message.
Quote from S.E.T.H :you worth of me what? pfff, funny guy. no chance. better learn english so you will have something to say.

No jos ei kelpaa, niin voidaan me suomeakin puhua, jos se siitä riippuu.
Start your own server, use force cockpit view mode, write an InSim which records lap timings and start your own S.E.T.H truly realistic hardcore to the bone super hotlap competition.

I'm sure nobody is interested.
Quote from cargame.nl :Start your own server, use force cockpit view mode, write an InSim which records lap timings and start your own S.E.T.H truly realistic hardcore to the bone super hotlap competition.

I'm sure nobody is interested.

its not about starting my own server. when you start a server with force cockpit mode enabled nobody comes and races. and that is the point of the whole argument. the point is almost everyone is using forces mode. the bad part of it is, its turning all of the cars in track into ridiculous images. 4 tyres and 4 sticks and a driver sitting on air.

never in a sim there is such a feature. it should not be used in races or hotlaps. or just turn on the fcw in your server and see how nobody will race, or even if they do, they'll do slower laptimes. but guess what, it'll be more fun and they will be racing with actual cars. not only tyres. there are skins to show and cars to see, but the ones using that feature are killing the realism and other features of the sim. forcing others to use it as well because they cant compete with such view in a regular cockpit. in racing, its all about the feel not sight. that is why in F1 there is really a little view of the road. but they look like they magically know the limits.
Quote from S.E.T.H :or just turn on the fcw in your server and see how nobody will race

Do you read too?
Quote from cargame.nl :I'm sure nobody is interested.

Anyway,I see,where this is going - if this very evil of all modes would disabled,you think you'll be the fastest driver of them all,as only you drive the pure realism and everyone else cheats with the mighty force mode. Oh,dude,you would be SOOOOOOOOO disapointed...
Quote from Eclipsed :Do you read too?

Anyway,I see,where this is going - if this very evil of all modes would disabled,you think you'll be the fastest driver of them all,as only you drive the pure realism and everyone else cheats with the mighty force mode. Oh,dude,you would be SOOOOOOOOO disapointed...

it has been 2 years and i am not really suprised of your inability to comprehend check out what i wrote 2 years ago when you were still repeating the same thing like a parrot;

Quote :Originally Posted by Eclipsed
Imagine,how dissapointed would he be,if this evil force would be removed and everyone still would drive same pace and still beat him on track?

S.E.T.H

i'd LOVE to be proven wrong and buy s2 the other day

another;

Quote :S.E.T.H
you talk as if i blame everyone that is faster than me of using Force mode. no, i do not. there are faster people obviously. and i am for sure not the fastest. probably will never be. but this is not what i am talking about. there are still some people who gets advantage from it. and i dont really understand what you are against when i say it should at least be blocked on ''hotlap'' mode.

one more;

Quote :there are people that is faster than me. and i am for sure not the fastest and will never be. there are people that can beat me without F mode.

i am saying f mode gives advantage, and you are saying ''use it then, make some wrs, show us'' how stupid is that approaching? i dont even wanna be disturbed explaining again omg.

look what you had said back then before victor replied to the thread. you have no idea how things work really.

''Dude,stop waisting your precious time here,as noone (including developers) won't listen about any complaints to someone,who hasn't even bought this software. And if you're faster with this dark side of force,the problem deffinitely is in your side as for most drivers it doesn't help!''

and after him saying that Victor (developer) replies to the thread.

its very simple, in fact, you bring me 100 racers in fbm blackwood, i'll beat 70% of them. you bring me 100 racers in a fcw enabled server, i'll beat 95% of them. very simple. problem is doesnt matter how much i explain when you have such an inability you wont understand. so thats the last time i reply to you post. gluck

and some proofs already for the people;

http://uppit.com/s07zpgrplyl4/proof_1.mpr
http://uppit.com/8p86v3vjzoeo/proof_2.mpr

second replay watch the end. the other guy we mention as michael is o.versteer see how fast he is. i am not saying he is fast only because he uses the mode, but he wont be as fast without it. and that means he gets advantage. he told me himself that he is using forces view. and also dido_bmw from the server. he uses forces view as well. and back then l@gger had said he was using it to get an advantage, many people are saying that they are using and there are some children in the forum without knowledge but opinion. you should have an opinion about something you know. you cant have the right opinion without knowledge, see, you said no advantage, i just proved to you by just logging in to the server for 10 minutes. you know how many replays i can put here in 1 week? many.
And now after you have driven almost 3000 laps in that combo - are you still able to drive faster with force mode than cockpit view?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG