The online racing simulator
Gravel car physics suggestion
Hi there,
on my experience of driving of front wheel driven car on gravel it seems a bit unrealistic when cornering: Usually when cornering on gravel you'll feel that the car will have the tendency to understeer. To avoid or correct that in a real car, you will hit the brake with the left foot and while still engaging throttle. The car begins to overversteer. Driving this way you'll be able to drive a corner with much higher speed.

Best regards
Your um... suggestion is a bit pointless... unless you're comparing a real life stock car and LFS default setup car, but even having amateur rally car in real life, most of manufacturers makes their dedicated suspensions for actual car you want are mainly a little understeery and you cannot set them as freely as it is in LFS unless you have very expansive suspension which costs half or even its price is same as car price (well there is also some chinese cheap suspensions with full customization).

From the other side realistic gravel physics will be nearly as complex as new tire physics so its really hard to make soft ground with some randomly moving gravel under your wheels which costs you loosing your grip and causing understeer.

Im not writing it to "hate", im just writing this to inform you how hard it will be to make it very soon, and im not saying current physics are perfect (though its nicest from every sims I've played) but lets just let them finish new tire physics first and hopefully they will try with gravel physics .
Why would you brake and give throttle at the same time? Also, how would it make the car oversteer with all those safety features in cars today?

And no, I won't brake with my left foot, unless it's a car without manual clutch...
To clarify I'm talking about a basic rallycross car like XFG: race car with rollcage, no ABS, no brake assistance or safety features

@luki97
You are right when talking about complex physics, but as in all computer games/simulations everything is calculated by simplified formulas - the real world is too complex.

The basic formula for FWD: throtteling front wheels will keep them spinning/accelerated even when braking (at the same time). The rear tyres will be deaccelerated (getting lighter). The center of gravity will change, bumpers in front will go down, beginning to oversteer.
But you are right, there are some other points in the game that should be finished first. A more realistic gravel simulation would make the game more competitive and fun.

@Bose321
> Why would you brake and give throttle at the same time?
to bring it to oversteer on gravel

> And no, I won't brake with my left foot, unless it's a car without manual clutch...
I'm talking about race cars not stock Audi. ex. Fomula 1 using left foot braking, right trottle at high speed on tarmac and they will corner fast.

PS: i found this resource in the internet, have a look: http://www.rallyracingnews.com/lfb.html
LFS already models the CoG shifts based on the acceleration of the car just fine including the brake-induced oversteering effect. It might not feel so well on the gravel because it deforms under the tyre and the contact surface is much larger. LFS' tyre physics currently cannot model a situation when the tyre is partly submerged in the surface which obviously affects handling on the gravel...

Gravel car physics suggestion
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG