The online racing simulator
Quote from gigi91430ita :Sorry Man,
it has the same bug as you first "dynamic" version.

When I start it it bounces between 1st and 2nd, if I press a bit of throttle it puts 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in few seconds, if I accelerate a bit more it changes gears randomly and if I fully accelerate it downshifts using kickdown.

If I fully accelerate from a standstill it doesn't change to 2nd gear until I release a bit the throttle...

I'm using LFS 0.6E fresh installed with your AT setups on Windows 8 64bit.

I also tried it on a previous 0.6B but it has the same problem...

I don't understand why this happens for you... Can you tell me what the debug window says in "Throttle extra shift RPM:" ? and maybe also what mode it says it's shifting, like "Mode: shiftup"

Quote from rosewood2 :This mod is great!
One question:
Does it work online?

Yes it works online
Quote from tigerboyz :
Yes it works online

Thanks! Didn't know it was online-compatible! Once again thanks!
If the debug gui window were resizeable, it would be easier to read...

However throttle extra rpm shows a value only when I fully press the throttle, and is something like 2133 in first gear, it doesn't vary.

Since the windows is so small i cant read clearly the gear mode, but it should be "shiftup" when it passes from first to second, and "downshift1" when it goes back to 1st.

Why don't you compile a test version with all the variables of our program in the debug gui, so we can detect where the problem is?
Quote from gigi91430ita :
However throttle extra rpm shows a value only when I fully press the throttle, and is something like 2133 in first gear, it doesn't vary.

This is really strange... is the outgauge window picking up everything right? Like your throttle %, speed, and everything else. I have no idea why your extra RPM is stuck... mine changes. I remember this happening last time I tried putting it in.

If you could make a video of what's going on for you and have the debug GUI up as well, that might help me figure out something. Could you do that?
I am completely stumped... it makes no sense what it's doing there. All I can think is if your configuration files are blank or something? Check your config files please. What happens if you delete the config folder and run LFS Shifter as administrator?

Is anybody else having this same problem?
I've deleted config folder and run it as admin, nothing changes...

[THROTTLE CONFIG]
NextGearSensitivity=50
NextGearSensitivity2=70
NextGearSensitivity3=95
LightKickSensitivity=60
FlooredGearSensitivityLow=75
FlooredGearSensitivityHigh=96
[RPM CONFIG]
NextGearRPMSensitivity=1950
NextGearRPMSensitivity2=3500
NextGearRPMSensitivity3=5065
LightKickRPMSensitivity=2300
FlooredRPMSensitivityLow=0
FlooredRPMSensitivityHigh=4000
TooLowRPM=1200
HighestRPM=6800
[OTHER]
CarGears=5
ShiftTime=150
SpeedForFirstGear=20
NoShiftNextGearTime=800
WaitAfterFloorShiftsLow=500
WaitAfterFloorShiftsHigh=1200
[KICKDOWN]
kick2=3000
kick3L=0
kick3H=4000
kick4L=2800
kick4H=4000
kick5L=2500
kick5H=4000

This is an example of config file...
If the program is coded in a "c" like language maybe I can help you with the debug
tigerboyz, when I try to run it (newest version), it says that it's not a valid win32 application...
I have win XP 32bit and LFS 0.6B.
Quote from Darecki :tigerboyz, when I try to run it (newest version), it says that it's not a valid win32 application...

Same, but with Win 7.
Quote from Darecki :tigerboyz, when I try to run it (newest version), it says that it's not a valid win32 application...

Freddy and Darecki,
This is the first I've heard of that... is it downloading correctly from the website? Which file is causing this error?

edit: I get this too on my other laptop... I'm not sure why but I will try to fix it and let you know how it goes
Quote from tigerboyz :Freddy and Darecki,
This is the first I've heard of that... is it downloading correctly from the website? Which file is causing this error?

edit: I get this too on my other laptop... I'm not sure why but I will try to fix it and let you know how it goes

To be more precise, the error says: (translated roughly from Italian)
"The version of the file isn't compatible with the executing Windows version. Check the computer's system informations and verify whether it is necessary version x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) of the program, then contact the software's distributor".

It is just a guess... but maybe you created the program with (or for) a x64 Windows version, and we're trying to run it on a x86 Windows version...

Take your time, version 5.6B works just fine, so no pressure!
Quote from freddyalek90 :To be more precise, the error says: (translated roughly from Italian)
"The version of the file isn't compatible with the executing Windows version. Check the computer's system informations and verify whether it is necessary version x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit) of the program, then contact the software's distributor".

It is just a guess... but maybe you created the program with (or for) a x64 Windows version, and we're trying to run it on a x86 Windows version...

Take your time, version 5.6B works just fine, so no pressure!

You're right! That's what it was. Try the new 32bit version I have put up. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/225573 ... %20v6%2032bit%20fixed.zip

Also I'd like to know if this version fixes the problem you have gigi91430ita?
Quote from tigerboyz :You're right! That's what it was. Try the new 32bit version I have put up. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/225573 ... %20v6%2032bit%20fixed.zip

Also I'd like to know if this version fixes the problem you have gigi91430ita?

Now it starts, but I'm experiencing the same bug gigi has... Standing still at idle it shifts from 1st to 2nd to 1st to N and to R randomly, if I press a little the accelerator it goes in top gear...
Yep, the bug continues...
I've noticed the bouncing between 1st and 2nd is present only if the throttle is >0% (and when the engine is idling is between 4-6%), if you are going in 2nd and the throttle is completely off, it doesn't bounce between gears, but if you gire just 1% of throttle it starts meshing gears randomly..
I also have a Problem. My problem is that the simulator always shit into reverse.If i open the Browser it will be write a lot of x
Like: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx but it never stops.
And a window opened : Car not loaded or lfs paused,please go on track firt then click OK.
But i was in a race.
Why is that?
(sorry english isn't very well)
I use a Windows7 64bit System LFS 0.6E and the latest version of the simulator.
Can somebody help me?
I will make a test version for those of you with the strange shifting trouble. I will just take out the extra dynamic part of it and please tell me if it works correctly. I am not able to test on other computers... my netbook runs LFS but not the outgauge window lol

Here is the test: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22557 ... 20Shifter%20v6%20test.zip
Quote from tigerboyz :I will make a test version for those of you with the strange shifting trouble. I will just take out the extra dynamic part of it and please tell me if it works correctly. I am not able to test on other computers... my netbook runs LFS but not the outgauge window lol

Here is the test: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22557 ... 20Shifter%20v6%20test.zip

It seems to work! It is a lot more sensible than version 5.6b (it downshifts very easily), but it upshifts at the correct shifting points depending on how much you press the throttle, how it should do! So, for me, the issue is gone!
Quote from freddyalek90 :It seems to work! It is a lot more sensible than version 5.6b (it downshifts very easily), but it upshifts at the correct shifting points depending on how much you press the throttle, how it should do! So, for me, the issue is gone!

I'm glad to hear!

gigi91430ita, robin898, Darecki ~
is this test version working for you all? Please let me know.
No,there is the same problem ;(
Quote from robin898 :No,there is the same problem ;(

Same here, tho for me it's changed from jumping between 1st and 2nd on idle to jumping between 2nd and 3rd while coasting o.O
It doesn't work
Now when the car is stopped it doesn't bounce between 1st and 2nd, but when accelerating with any value between 1% and 94% it upshifts at the correct point, but immediately after it downsifts to the previous gear (the debug gui doesn't tell anything during the downshift, while upshifting it says upshift 1, uphshift 3...).
If I fully accelerate it works correctly, changing gears near the redline.

There must be something stupid, like an "if" with a "<" instead of a ">"...
Quote from gigi91430ita :It doesn't work
Now when the car is stopped it doesn't bounce between 1st and 2nd, but when accelerating with any value between 1% and 94% it upshifts at the correct point, but immediately after it downsifts to the previous gear (the debug gui doesn't tell anything during the downshift, while upshifting it says upshift 1, uphshift 3...).
If I fully accelerate it works correctly, changing gears near the redline.

There must be something stupid, like an "if" with a "<" instead of a ">"...

I also noticed that sometimes the car, during a kickdown, can put the gear into neutral and just rev the hell out of it :S
Well, for me it also doesn't work right.
When engine's on idle, it switches between 1st and 2nd gear all the time. During acceleration at full throttle it changes gears good, near redline, as set in maximum rpm value. But when throttle is between 0 and 99% it changes gear up as fast as possible (probably with period defined in cfg), so it's on 5th gear even when the vehicle reached only 20km/h. When I push throttle to the max, it downshifts quickly, but just after I drop my foot from the gas, it upshifts automatically to 5th.

EDIT:
Oh, I haven't seen newer test version from 20th Feb, I'll test it tommorow and check wheter this bug still appears or not.
thank's
many thank's,download now and i will test it,and thank's for all other members here.
Hello,
Hello, this is dont work at me;///

Automatic Transmission Simulator (v5.6b)
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG