The online racing simulator
Reliable wheel
(72 posts, started )
#1 - sh33d
Reliable wheel
Hello, I am new here. Though registered like 4 years ago.
I would like to purchase a G27, but it seems like many people have problems with it, missing degrees, centering problems etc.

So I would like you to advice me which wheel to buy. I am interested only in 3 pedal system with clutch, force feedback etc etc, in other words, with all the stuff.
Since I am new to this, I have no clue which ones are good..

P.S.
Reliability goes first. Money is not a problem.
#2 - Hahmo
If G27 isn't enough for you, I suppose you have to go with Fanatec..

I've had G27 for few years, and I know shitloads of people who have it or G25 and have had no problems mostly.. It's reliable. :/
E: awaits for bose's fanatec loveboi comments
#3 - sh33d
#4 - Hahmo
Quote from sh33d :@Hahmo
You had absolutely no problems with yours G27 ?

Apart from my own mistakes that I have done (like doing something wrong with profiler, plugging the wheel in after LFS opens) no problems at all. Still runs perfectly.
Quote from Hahmo :If G27 isn't enough for you, I suppose you have to go with Fanatec..

I've had G27 for few years, and I know shitloads of people who have it or G25 and have had no problems mostly.. It's reliable. :/
E: awaits for bose's fanatec loveboi comments

Hey, last time I checked Fanatec wasn't such rubbish, so sod off.
#6 - sh33d
Thanks for your positive responses regarding G27. I was really disappointed when I first read logitech forums about G27 issues..
What about Fanatec vs G27 ? Which one is better (in LFS) ?
Quote from sh33d :Thanks for your positive responses regarding G27.

Remember that people usually post when they have a problem with something. Almost anybody says "hey, I bought my G27 and it works OK" if you do not ask them . Specially in Logitech's official forums

I own a G25, and I'm happy with it. Despite the spiking in the pedals that is a common issue affter a few years of use, it is still giving me good fun.
I had a G25, which still works fine afer 4 years. (my friend has it now). Currently I own a G27, and everything is fine
Quote from sh33d :Thanks for your positive responses regarding G27. I was really disappointed when I first read logitech forums about G27 issues..
What about Fanatec vs G27 ? Which one is better (in LFS) ?

Before people get mad at me with only posting Fanatec stuff: Check reviews of them. I don't think a wheel is better in just LFS. I think that a wheel is better overall. But LFS doesn't really have the best FFB nowadays IMO.
Fanatec is shit as well, just ask M.Krönke
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Fanatec is shit as well, just ask M.Krönke

Who?

If it's shit you can better buy no wheel at all since there is no alternative (unless you have FREX-like money)
Quote from Whiskey :
I own a G25, and I'm happy with it. Despite the spiking in the pedals that is a common issue affter a few years of use, it is still giving me good fun.

In my experience, this is the biggest and most frequent problem you'll run into with the G27.
Reading your comments guys, it seems like G27 has pedal problems (frequent). Not to mention mysterious centering problems..

What about Fanatec ? Does it have weak sides ?
Quote from sh33d :

Reliability goes first. Money is not a problem.

You should get two wheels then, in case the first one breaks down.
Quote from sh33d :Reading your comments guys, it seems like G27 has pedal problems (frequent). Not to mention mysterious centering problems..

What about Fanatec ? Does it have weak sides ?

The first batches of wheels did have some problems, but since the 911 carrera they seem to have overcome those problems.

I personally did not encounter any problems at all and I love their service. When there was an update from my wheel I just sent it to a local Fanatec employee and he replaced all internals for a small price and I basicly had the new wheel.

Bottom-line is that nothing is perfect, including Fanatec. Sure there are some problems, but I'm sure they're not as big as things like Centering problems and won't affect all wheels. Not to mention the pedals from Fanatec are like from this world compared to Logitech pedals.
Quote from Hahmo :E: awaits for bose's fanatec loveboi comments

you didnt know fanatec works best with ati cards?! dafaq !

/on thread.i have my g25 for 5-6 years now? dont even know,but it still works awesomely. sometimes i cant put it in 5th ans R but thats ok i use paddle shift. there is a fix for it tho,but i cba to doit.
Quote from e2mustang :you didnt know fanatec works best with ati cards?! dafaq !

Yeah, because they work.
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah, because they work.

They (ATI's) work as much as this car:

It has very decent engine, which should mean it's acceleration and top speed should be good, it looks good, it's pretty affordable.. But it's not going anywhere, cause it has no driver.
Only difference is that you can put a driver in it like with a graphics card.
I didn't knew a GPU has enough EEPROM or any other type of non-volatile memory to fit a driver in it.
I didn't knew I said GPU.
For God sake, could you (Bose and Reiljans) not make a shit load of off-topic posts in every thread?

We are talking about wheels, how the hell are you boys posting a BMW pic and arguing about graphic cards???

You should really learn to behave in public forums and to not argue about everything...
If you would've read the part where e2mustang and Shadowwwww (how is he still here?) started being idiots you would know why we are doing that.
I've had my G25 for 3 years. I've been really brutal on it. It's got a crack in the gear housing (which is made out of plastic) but it doesn't stop it from working fine. People complain about deadzone and stuff like that, I don't have any complains other than the sound. And since the G27 follows the same design but is far more quieter, I'd say go for the G27.

Reliable wheel
(72 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG