The online racing simulator
Ill do them
Ok cheers.
As slick tyres will change a lot car handle I'm not sure current restrictions will work.

Plus why not adding XFG and XRG to the gangband with lfs tweak?
because we then would be forced to use a multimod server which means anyone could use tweak on the xrt or fxo or rb4 aswell.

As for restrictions - im looking for some test drivers ... pm me
The restrictions sound like a bit of a headache to me, if I'm honest. It's going to take a while just to get the cars properly and evenly balanced (obviously the ballast is supposed to only act on race results rather than rules).

With that said, it would be great if an experienced (and fast) driver could offer to test all three cars so we could get a good idea of the difference in times and apply the restrictions as we feel the need that just gave me an idea, might be creating a test driver recruitment thread soon
0, 2, 5

Heck, maybe even put the FXO at 6.
When I was doing the testing I had the following in mind aswell :
RB4: 0
XRT: 2
FXO: 5

So seems like we were not too far off. If someone can post some laptimes in all 3 cars at 2 tracks I think we can get an accurate idea.
How about WE1 and so6
Problem is, you don't know that without proper testing. Sure on paper it seems perfect, but slicks bring a whole new dimension to the TBO class. The best way to do it is to start with the RB4 and find its optimal pace, then slow the XRT and FXO down until you match it. The next problem is, RB4 tires are going to get eaten at most tracks, where XRT will be much easier and FXO is surprisingly not that bad either. So does RB4 deserve a boost so in qualifying they might be a hair faster, but in race they will be in defense the whole time? You don't know without proper testing.

For the GTR class you can be so used to it that you can make a good educated guess, however currently it isn't that easy with this "new" class.
That's pretty much why I've put up the test drivers' thread. I'm still making some testing plans (short and long stints on compounds, see how the tyres react to conservative and flat-out driving styles, and finally the lap time difference to see the restriction distribution), but I don't know if I should add anything else to the things in brackets.
Hay guys,
Is the series going ahead then or not??
it will take place in the fall
Ok thanks
Plans will be forth coming at the end of this month. Thank you for your patience.
Rules and schedule nearly done, L4Slicks is starting to take shape.
The main things such as the race calendar, race distance, rules, race and points systems are starting to get some final touches added for the sake of variety compared to other leagues.

With that said, we should announce at least a test race before we finish the schedule, since we only really have the dates to sort out.
During the season we will need feedback from the drivers about the restrictions as we still haven't come to a conclusion about them.

Expect a lot of different things from most RR, RN and NDR leagues, because with Live for Slicks, we are going to be a bit more bold and try a lot of new stuff probably never tried in the LFS Racing scene in a long time (or ever, even).

Rui, L4Slicks Administration.
Do all races HAVE to be on Saturdays

EDIT: Simply curious.
yes, that is the only day we can run our events
Today after some practising, Camaro and me saw, that the FXo is still way too fast. I'd prefer 6 or 7% for FXO and 2% for XRT.
What laptimes is the FXO and XRT running for you at BL1 for example?

FXO@5% and XRT@1% ran 19.4's without a problem (XRT doesn't even need R1's to do it).
not to mention that we will be locking R1's out for race. And only allowing them in qually. I think cars are balanced. We will see after test round if we need to make any changes.

Also XRT will not change restriction because the RB4 is so easy to drive that it can run decent times without any effort. It was meant more as an entry level option anyways, but we figured we would let everyone drive it to add diversity.
R1's would most likely overheat and not make the race anyways.
Although I'm seriously considering putting the FXO's restriction up to 6% ahead of the test race already.

As far as tyre compounds, only restriction is the R1 compound being exclusive to Qualifying only. For the race, you can try whatever crazy-ass setup you wish, as long as it's with the R2, R3 and R4 tyre compounds.

I am going to suggest having a pace lap before the starts, since the L4Slicks season will have standing starts on both the endurance and normal double-heat rounds.
Quote :I am going to suggest having a pace lap before the starts, since the L4Slicks season will have standing starts on both the endurance and normal double-heat rounds.

Thats a good idea, I also would prefer dat
-
(Speed Senna) DELETED by Speed Senna
My only suggestion is for the organizers to stay PROFESSIONAL. No bitchin at each other, no dirty laundry. Just keep is smooth and professional. You guys aren't doing a horrible job, I just think it would be better with a little more professionalism/preparation.
Quote from BlueFlame :My only suggestion is for the organizers to stay PROFESSIONAL. No bitchin at each other, no dirty laundry. Just keep is smooth and professional. You guys aren't doing a horrible job, I just think it would be better with a little more professionalism/preparation.

We're working on it. I wasn't here for Round 1 but looking at how things went by reading the threads, it seems to have gone a lot better than it did in the Test Round.

For Round 1 it was made clear to the entire Admin/Stream team that everyone had to focus on their own roles - no broadcasters getting in the admins' business and viceversa. Sometimes the drivers don't help either - all this from my experience at the Test Round. I won't draw any conclusions from Saturday because I wasn't there, but I can only assume that it was an all-around improvement over what happened a month ago.

We won't be able to iron out every single flaw from one race to another, but still...I think that you will able to notice improvements from race to race because even though the people here are no Dekos or Bens, they can still do a pretty good job - and I also think that if we somehow manage to convince Chris Ford to get on the commentary booth for us, we might just have the perfect league

Live For Slicks - Suggestions and Discussion
(96 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG