The online racing simulator
DLing

Seems a strange concidense
I still get the same problem i had with 3/3...
Gonna uninstall (again...) and put 2/3 back on
Quote from NightShift :
There seems to be a sizeable part of the loyalist community unhappy with the 'dumbing down' that has been going on e.g. old 1.0.x features disappearing from 1.1, not only full mode being "deprecated" but also other smaller, harder to notice things.

And Kunos has been saying that they probably won't be able to support the old nKp model because true simracing is fading while arcade-sim combos are growing and are being pushed by big playes with massive budgets.

NKPro is rumored to be very difficult and realistic, what do tose changes suppose? I wa reading this thread and start thinking aout buy a licence but, will downgraded physics make it looks like some sort of NFS Shift?
If this will be the cas then I will not buy it
Quote from Asphalt Scream :NKPro is rumored to be very difficult and realistic, what do tose changes suppose? I wa reading this thread and start thinking aout buy a licence but, will downgraded physics make it looks like some sort of NFS Shift?
If this will be the cas then I will not buy it

There's been no indication that he'll downgrade the physics in netKar.

... and it's not very difficult It's no more difficult than iRacing or a good rFactor mod. (in fact it's easier than most rFactor mods becuase you can actually feel what the car is doing in netKar )
So it looks like the real thing. The link found its way to the official forum however they are keeping their mouth tight shut. The same admin who posted the screenshot, said 1.1 does not contain the track editor, RSR's admin replied that "Kof Lite" (aka the track editor) is indeed included.

Quote from GFresh :It freezes every time i try to get on track, at the same point, which is when it's loading "shadow.nko".

I used to have the same issue, it was caused by hibernating the PC instead of shutting it down. As soon as I restart the machine, nKp works fine.

BTW I also have problems with capped FPS (usually 32 or 16) that only go away after a reboot.
I brought the 500 and F1600 around Prato Short and both are remarkably easier to catch when they start spinning. The irrecuperable snap oversteer of beta 3 is gone, the car reacts to inputs and there's time to manage the drift.

The FFB also feels different, you can feel weight shifting from front to rear and viceversa.

As far as skippadding goes, I abused the front right tyre of the 500 from 26 °C up to 123 °C, and I couldn't see any difference in the steady speed I could circle the 50m loop at.

The updater doesn't work, 404 remote server not found. Also fired up KOF Lite, but I don't have anything to try it on.
Quote from NightShift :I used to have the same issue, it was caused by hibernating the PC instead of shutting it down. As soon as I restart the machine, nKp works fine.

BTW I also have problems with capped FPS (usually 32 or 16) that only go away after a reboot.

Hmm, thanks for that, but that doesn't solve the problem for me. My machine just stays on, doesn't sleep or hibernate. And i've also restarted a few times whilst uninstalling and reinstalling nKPro.
Seems like a bit of a weird one this, thinking back, it's also not the first time it's happened, although i don't know what solved it before. I really wanna play nK, i just love the feel of it, so frustrating that i can't...
Damn it's good.
And out of activations
It even says so in bold on the download page

Of course, my PC has to be broken ATM.
With my luck, even LFS patch will be released while it's in the shop
S'all good as per usual, just one thing, is anyone else having the graphical bug where the car's shadow repeats infinitely across the land? Whilst its very mesmerising it's also very distracting too.
Quote from Bean0 :I thought you just needed to copy over your drivers folder ?

HD fire FTL

So lack of folders

Support asked
Quote from troy :It's on the official site now too.

http://www.netkar-pro.com/download.htm

Yup, and just to confirm, the Final is the same build as the RC, so if you've downloaded that there's no need to grab it again.

Most important is to remove the old netKar PRO folder in mydocuments before installing the RC/Final (AFTER BACKING UP YOU DRIVERS and LICENSE FOLDERS ) Some weird stuff will happen if you don't.

This is a fresh install, not a patch. Don't install it over a previous beta.

...and dont use old setups.

Some of the addon tracks have a problem. you can still use them but there are some objects that will cause an instant teleport back to the pits. Hopefully the fixes wont be to long.
Which tracks work best?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Which tracks work best?

Not got round to testing them yet. You will get an error if it's one of the ones with a problem, or so I've been told. You can still drive them apparently, but might get a teleport back to the pits if you come into contact with certain objects.

Spa seems fine... only addon track I've tried.

I should have a list of what works ok later.
I'll grab Spa

Any progress with the track editor?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Any progress with the track editor?

What progress would you like ? It's there and it works..just no documentation to tell you how to use it

Hopefully one of my teamates at Lastplace or Jaap will release a guide soon. Cant say when though.

The main work still has to be done in 3ds Max. The KOFLite tool is just really for the final stuff to get it into netKar. Our guy Juha worked most of it out himself iirc, so anyone with experience of this sort of stuff should be able to I reckon.
Was meaning docs
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Was meaning docs

Just gonna have to wait I'm afraid...or jump in feet first and hope you can swim
Quote from GFresh :Hmm, thanks for that, but that doesn't solve the problem for me.

I do remember Kunos and others suggested to try playing with Vsync and Triple Buffering. That didn't work for me but may be worth a try.
Thanks, i will give that a try
The malicious lift-off-oversteer when driving the 1600 is gone now, what a pity. I really liked the way it was in step 3/3, the way you had to play with the throttle and brakes to go through the corners, always close to losing control.
Quote from GFresh :So last time i checked, we only had 2/3, so i downloaded 3/3 yesterday, and it's won't work. It freezes every time i try to get on track, at the same point, which is when it's loading "shadow.nko". Quite frustrating when every previous version of nKPro has worked just fine

Try to correct folder' permission if you have Windows 7/Vista and NKP is installed in "Program Files":

Right click on NKP folder -> Properties -> Security tab -> Edit (in the right of "To change permissions click edit") -> Choose "Users/..." in list -> check in "Full Control" and "Modify" -> click Apply and OK.

I had the same "freezes" issue and tip posted above helped me.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG