The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 Off Center Alignment 30-40 degrees
Hi Everyone,

Just thought i would post my problem with my wheel here before i go out and buy a new one.

my Logitech G25 starts off centered then after a few laps or some becomes offcentered sometimes up to 30-40 degrees. left or Right depends which direction is used more.

I have tried ...
Recalibrating
Clear Calibrating
New Drivers
With/Without Logitech Gaming Software

Any help would be much appreciated.
If there are any guides/tutorials out there to repair the G25 please let me know.
Turn the wheel lock to lock when this happens, see if it helps

- racer325
when you get it right, remember to lock it too. far right of the screen under recalibrate axis on the axis/ff screen.
I have the same problem , did you find a way to fix this Arrow ?
I actually just bought a G25 and am having the same exact problem..

No matter how much I calibrate it or unplug and plug in.. Problem exists outside of LFS and calibration lock does not fix it.

If I turn right more its offset to right.. if I turn left more its offset to left.. I can actually sit and jerk the wheel to the opposite direction to adjust it back..

Someone PLEASE figure this out..
Alright I appear to have fixed it..

Unfortunately it required me swapping parts out of another G25..

But I believe the problem was in the steering hub where the bearings are.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Same problem here but with a DFP. I've found that I can make it happen simply by (as someone else said) jerking the wheel quickly one way or the other. It is then 'out of calibration'. I've tried to do it in other games and in the DFP settings screen and I cannot get it to do it in anything BUT LFS. I've upgraded drivers but it did not help. I do have "lock Calibration" turned on (and I've tried it turned off too). It seems to happen the worst when you are correcting a skid and you are fighting the force feedback.

I really think it has something to do with LFS but can't nail it down to that unless I get a new wheel and I don't want to get a new wheel unless I know it's the wheel.

This sux
Is it possible that (recent) LFS versions are polling more slowly for controller input?

I noticed that sometimes when I steer pretty fast (countersteer or so) that my wheel is off center too. I think this is because LFS 'misses' some of the input pulses of the wheel?

I can't remember having this with 'previous' LFS versions, this just came up the last few months..

I'm using a Momo Racing btw.
i just got my g25 today and it is doing the same thing. to start with you get full movement on the axis recalibration but once it starts going off centre, you start missing the end of the steering axis. if you unplug it and plug it in again, it is fine...

is this a problem with the latest version of lfs or the g25? i have previously been using a crappy vibration feedback wheel and had no problems but havent played much on the latest patch.
Quote from -V-Max- :I noticed that sometimes when I steer pretty fast (countersteer or so) that my wheel is off center too. I think this is because LFS 'misses' some of the input pulses of the wheel?

No. LFS doesn't get the input pulses from the wheel directly (no game does), but an abstract value of 0-65535 that the wheel sends. If these pulses are missed, then the hardware is faulty, not LFS.
Mine seems to do it everynow and then, i just unplug and plug back in the usb cable then the G25 resets itself, goes to full left and right and centres again but i need to have LFS shutdown otherwise if not it centres but i don't have force feedback when playing again.
im starting to think i have a dodgy wheel now. i tried to upgrade the profiler to the latest version from Logitech and now it doesnt recognise the steering axis. everything else works perfectly except that! i plug in the usb connector and it goes full lock right then left but doesnt centre again but waits a few seconds then full right then left again and the led just flashes...

i thought it might be the update so i uninstalled that and removed the g25 from the device manager but that didnt work, it still does the same. tried a system restore from the day before i installed the g25 and it still does the same thing.

going to give it a try on the ps2 tonight and see if it works on that... hope its not a faulty wheel as i have literally used it for under 2 hours!

has anyone had this happen to them? how was it fixed? i have been looking on the net all morning (and done no work!) and found nothing. a lot of other stories of the same sort of problem but nothing saying what was wrong...
... Defect - that's what happened when my first G25 went bust. Somehow plugging the FFB power lead in, shorted something out and caused it to turn into that. Now, I'm extra careful with plugging my G25 in/out. I'd take it back to the store or get it warrantied through logitech.
thanks dawesdust_12 . i have contacted logitech and they asked me to test on another pc which i have done along with the ps2 and the same result... I think the next part will be taking it back to the shop i bought it from which is going to be a pain as it was an ebay store.
Quote from -V-Max- :Is it possible that (recent) LFS versions are polling more slowly for controller input?

I noticed that sometimes when I steer pretty fast (countersteer or so) that my wheel is off center too. I think this is because LFS 'misses' some of the input pulses of the wheel?

I can't remember having this with 'previous' LFS versions, this just came up the last few months..

I'm using a Momo Racing btw.

This is a known issue of the Momo. Fast steering can confuse it.
anyone figure out how to fix this? i'm tried of repluging the usb of my g25.

LFS is da best by the way
hey i found another way to help this a bit by lower to force feed back less than 20% the problem seem to be less but still not a great way to solve the problem
I think i solved the problem for mine , there is a black cover on the back of the left motor which was a bit loose and if i pulled it the axis was loosing position .
So i attached it strongly to the motor and had a little test , looks ok so far .
Hope it can help you guys
Attached images
SNB10338.JPG
#19 - Juls
Yes this is the optical encoder. When it gets loose, the wheel loses calibration.

Most position/calibration problems come from this part.
nope, it doesn't solve my problem. I tried Idriver method but i can't see any change

Anyway, try turn the wheel left to right about 10 times quickly w/o LFS you will notice that it's the hardware problem

u guys tried fannatic 911 wheel? is this problem found in 911 as well?
Quote from oil4121 :u guys tried fannatic 911 wheel? is this problem found in 911 as well?

someone answer this question, because this off center problem is really pissing me off as well.
i got it replaced cause warranty is not expired so that's my solution

affraid it will happen to my new g25 again!!!
Me too
Well yesterday My new momo has been delivered in my home, and after testing it i found the exactly problem, but i think i fixed it doing this: after calibrating the wheel in lfs, open profiler and go to the wheel option and open properties, set the "reaction point to 2%", after that when you are turning the wheel for go straight again, when the wheel is in 1-3º or a little bit turned the lfs ingame wheel will go straight again, that worked for me in the momo (black one) i dont know about G25 but try, maybe this is the solution .

Adolfo Herrera.
Finally solved (i think)
Well i did a complete investigation to this problem and i think i find the fix:

First Do the profiler thing explained in my other post in this tread, but dont set it to 2%, set it to 3%, now go to your LFS folder (0.5Z), open cfg.txt file and search this line:

Speed Steer Reduction KB 1.00
Half Reduce Speed m/s KB 50.00

The "Speed Steer Reduction" seems to be a limitation to the turning speed readed in the game, set it to 0.00, it should look like this:

Speed Steer Reduction KB 0.00
Half Reduce Speed m/s KB 50.00

Try this, my momo seems to steer well now, maybe G25 and DFP will do too with this, Just Try!! .

Adolfo Herrera.
:-/
Well again here, as i can see there´s nothing to do with this, cause the wheel is fine, the problem is LFS ( ) im writting this cause i found something:

i downloaded DxTweak2 for know the exactly data comming from my momo, but when i tryed again Lfs, i found a bug:

look at the 1st Pic i uploaded, as you can see Dx tweak calculates the wheel position with a number from 0 to 1024, when 512 should be the center, and when you center you wheel it should be in 512, but if you try Lfs windowed and moving DxTweak´s window to a position that you can see it when you activate the Lfs window, without moving your wheel look at the center number, it will reduce or maybe be bigger, but if you activate the DxTweak window again, you can see that it will be back to 512 :S, i tryed this with different versions of Lfs and it only happens with the current version (0.5Z) so if a depelover is reading this, there´s annother bug to solve, plz if you can take it to normal again in some test patch, plz do it.

Adolfo Herrera.
Attached images
bug1.jpg
bug2.jpg
bug3.jpg

Logitech G25 Off Center Alignment 30-40 degrees
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG