The online racing simulator
Hosting on a Raspberry Pi
(5 posts, started )
Hello everyone,

I've got a few Raspberry Pi's laying around here, and I was wondering if it would be possible to run a dedicated LFS server on one. I'd like a simple LFS server that's 24/7, but I don't want to let my PC running for obvious reasons.

Not sure if anyone here has experience with hosting on a Raspberry Pi, but some tips are welcome as well (which OS to run for example). I assume you need whine to run the server? Would it even work because it's ARM?

Thanks in advance for any tips and tricks!
Edit.

Found this on their website...

Will it run WINE (or Windows, or other x86 software)?
Wine Is Not an Emulator. Some people have put Windows 3.1 on the Raspberry Pi inside an x86 CPU emulator in order to use specific applications, but trying to use a version of Windows even as recent as Windows 98 can take hours to boot into, and take several more hours to update your cursor every time you try to move it. We don’t recommend it!

Also, recommended OS's http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads
Just as I thought. I did find some results of WINE running on the Pi, but I think it would be too much of a hassle... I'll have to look for something else then. Thanks.
#4 - Jakg
If you want a low-power server, what about something like an HP Microserver?

Ok, it's not as cheap (>£100 after cashback) or as low power (20w) but it's still a good proposition.
That looks interesting. I'll have a look at that. Cheers!

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG