The online racing simulator
Qserverhosting.com support thread
(40 posts, started )
Quote from asercom - LFS :when will this problem will solve ?

When you fix those idiots DDoSing every server still running,you will solve the problem yourself!
Indeed, there's nothing you can do to prevent DDos attacks.

Well you can: run , hide , and try to escape.
well acctually, there is somthing you can do, my server was also ddos'd by who ever was/is doing it, until i got Anti DoS protection on my server, now they cant touch it.

now this might be expensive i wouldnt know, im just lucky i had a friend who owns a hosting company that helped me out.
Well , not sure if this deserves to spend so much money on something which people are trying to ruin.

Btw, the attacks keep going on. Everyone just timed out from cargame.
This are no attacks. There goes something wrong at the datacentre since yesterday, probably a local router/switch which is failing. Normally easy to recognize but with this other crap going on it gets less easy to understand whats going on. Also bit ridiculous that its coinciding with the other events lately. Normally never have problems

We had contact with the datacenter (by phone) and they acknowledge the problem (packet loss on the internal network) and are going to look into it.
I needed to convince the technician it isn't firewall related by rebooting the server in safe mode. That was really annoying because it already took me the whole day to explain its a hardware problem.

But eehh... Yeah.

Now it again takes X hours before they going to process my issue any further I'm afraid. So expect some more crappy network connectivity.

I have the possibility to move stuff to a backup server but I'm only going to do that if it becomes unbearable because moving back and forth isn't exactly being done in 5 minutes also.
Thanks for your continuing efforts Dave!
... and try to put less effort between 19:30-21:00, because it's event time
-
(MrSam) DELETED by Flame CZE : please keep it to PM
-
(OTone) DELETED by Flame CZE : not relevant to the topic
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by Flame CZE : not relevant to the topic
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Flame CZE : not relevant to the topic
AIRIO can't works
Hi Dave really sorry but I need your help.
I missed your mail adress
Now...AIRIO don't want work on server and I can't understand error.
Please help me

Thank.
You used the correct email address, you wrote that you are having trouble with /rstmin= ... I cannot find that quickly an official maximum of this parameter but it appears to be 300 (5 minutes) when I do a quick search on this forum.

This parameter however is a LFS host parameter. You are also using Airio, with Airio.srv.txt;

Quote :
# ---------------------- Starting and Ending ---------------------- #

# Time (in seconds) to wait with automatic race restart - integer
# Number of players to be connected for the restart to happen - integer
RestartTime=122

You can also control the restarts in seconds and this value can even be 999999 as far as I remember (maybe even more).

Have fun configuring
Oh.. I now see Airio indeed don't want to start anymore;

Quote :13.11.02 16:44:53 AIRIO ERROR : The requested value 'FALSE' was not found.^M
of type System.ArgumentException^M
at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.ReadTrackCarConfig () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.Airio.WebCallWR (LiveForSpeed.InSim.Airio.WebGet resp) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Sadly I cannot help with this error because I don't know what you did. Basically all configuration files are modified if I check the file date. Somewhere you must have made a mistake but Airio has like 50.000 options... Takes me hours to find that out. You don't know anymore what you changed?

Only thing I could do is reset to default values.

---
It's better to make a change and do !rld (reload) by the way. It's easier to spot a mistake then if you stop and restart Airio every time.
ok I can't understand where error is, perhaps I did mistake with limad rights or something else
how I can reset AIRIO? Can I restart with AIRIO default?
now I understand this: you can reset for default values...right?

thank again mate
and thank for your time
(really in one year I called you few times)

P.S.= !rdl? don't know this command and can't understand where i must type it (on race?)
!reload is an Airio command..

Anyway, doesn't matter.. It's working again, you made an error somewhere in Airio.tcd.txt .. I replaced it with the original file. Your old Airio.tcd.txt is renamed to Airio.tcd.txt_
Wonderful to have you for partner.
Now AIRIO works
this is very good, cause server is really poor without stats
I will buy another one slot.
This is sure!You great!

Thank again

Qserverhosting.com support thread
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG